British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

From the post I read. Matt Ford is working very closely with Darcy to find a club that will take him. He has said that as things stand he can't see the point in upsetting the team as it is doing OK. The only answer to get Darcy some track time in before the season ends is to find a club that will have him on loan until the end of the season.

If he came to the Lions, then when they go to Poland they can save on travel costs, by sharing transport. Plus there are quite a few in the club who put riders up rather tahn having them having to travel long didtances. He could fit in quite easily points wise, it all depends if he wanted to come there. There are very few clubs that have the points to fit him in the team, out of the 4 that are interested in him it sounded as if only 2 could fit him in with his averages, so the Lions are 1 who is the other.

From the post I read. Matt Ford is working very closely with Darcy to find a club that will take him. He has said that as things stand he can't see the point in upsetting the team as it is doing OK. The only answer to get Darcy some track time in before the season ends is to find a club that will have him on loan until the end of the season.

If he came to the Lions, then when they go to Poland they can save on travel costs, by sharing transport. Plus there are quite a few in the club who put riders up rather tahn having them having to travel long didtances. He could fit in quite easily points wise, it all depends if he wanted to come there. There are very few clubs that have the points to fit him in the team, out of the 4 that are interested in him it sounded as if only 2 could fit him in with his averages, so the Lions are 1 who is the other.

I still think he will be off to kings lynn if anywhere.

Maybe if money is an issue with signing someone like Darcy Ward the management could get some personal friends, maybe under the guise of the speedway supporters club or something like that, to run collections under some premise or other, using the good nature of supporters to help pay some of Darcy's wages on top of the entrance fee they've already paid. There might even be a little bit left over to line a few pockets, sorry, i meant to be assigned to some other non specific stadium improvements. I'm sure i can recall off the top of my head this kind of scheme working somewhere before on at least a couple of occasions over the last few years.

The major issue i would see for the management should Darcy Ward end up at BP is i couldn't imagine Darcy not telling everyone how it is when he has bad home meetings because he can't get past anyone because the track shape is so crap. Unless his gating has improved whilst he has been banned i can't image him not having some bad home meetings.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Maybe if money is an issue with signing someone like Darcy Ward the management could get some personal friends, maybe under the guise of the speedway supporters club or something like that, to run collections under some premise or other, using the good nature of supporters to help pay some of Darcy's wages on top of the entrance fee they've already paid. There might even be a little bit left over to line a few pockets, sorry, i meant to be assigned to some other non specific stadium improvements. I'm sure i can recall off the top of my head this kind of scheme working somewhere before on at least a couple of occasions over the last few years.

The major issue i would see for the management should Darcy Ward end up at BP is i couldn't imagine Darcy not telling everyone how it is when he has bad home meetings because he can't get past anyone because the track shape is so crap. Unless his gating has improved whilst he has been banned i can't image him not having some bad home meetings.

Mick.

Surely what you have written is a gross defamation of character.......potentially libellous in my opinion.

Mick.

If this is still the stand issue. He didn't get any personal friends to do anything. Sally Ashenden approached the managent with the concept they agreed but would lose potential sponsorship for the stand it was agreed that £2000 would suit bith parties. Sally Could have said no and done something else. Which was the other option had the full amount been raised.

In turn we have all been able to show our appreciation for a true Lion. !

Now wold you please stop using the Stand collection as ammunition.

If this is still the stand issue. He didn't get any personal friends to do anything. Sally Ashenden approached the managent with the concept they agreed but would lose potential sponsorship for the stand it was agreed that £2000 would suit bith parties. Sally Could have said no and done something else. Which was the other option had the full amount been raised.

In turn we have all been able to show our appreciation for a true Lion. !

Now wold you please stop using the Stand collection as ammunition.

Nothing of the sort on my part i'm afraid. I'm just pointing out a way Darcy Ward might be afforded. But on the point you make, if people such as Sally keep offering to riase money for things that in my opinion the fans shouldn't need to be raising money for then i'm quite within my rights to give my opinion on it whether, on the face of it, it makes me look an ass or not.

Surely what you have written is a gross defamation of character.......potentially libellous in my opinion.

Eh? A gross defamation of whose character? If you mean the gross demation of speedway promoters in general then blooming 'eck, i'm probably guilty as charged.

Probably better to leave it at that and finally leave Leicester Speedway to the likes of you pair. I think you all probably deserve each other..

all the best.

Edited by volty

Nothing of the sort on my part i'm afraid. I'm just pointing out a way Darcy Ward might be afforded. But on the point you make, if people such as Sally keep offering to riase money for things that in my opinion the fans shouldn't need to be raising money for then i'm quite within my rights to give my opinion on it whether, on the face of it, it makes me look an ass or not.

Eh? A gross defamation of whose character? If you mean the gross demation of speedway promoters in general then blooming 'eck, i'm probably guilty as charged.

Probably better to leave it at that and finally leave Leicester Speedway to the likes of you pair. I think you all probably deserve each other..

all the best.

You cast all these aspertions and then try and wheedle you way out of it.

Goodbye and thanks for all your miserable posts over the years you will be sorely missed?

if people such as Sally keep offering to riase money for things that in my opinion the fans shouldn't need to be raising money for then i'm quite within my rights to give my opinion on it whether, on the face of it, it makes me look an ass or not.

Not sure you have understood my point.

I don't have a problem putting your point. Just the subject of a well respected individual who worked tirelessly for Leicester dying a happy man.

I may even carry on collecting to sponsor a heat in his name

Edited by TMW

You cast all these aspertions and then try and wheedle you way out of it.

Goodbye and thanks for all your miserable posts over the years you will be sorely missed?

I don't wheedle my way out of anything. I sometimes make points about things, admittedly from a distance these days, that leave me with an uneasy feeling. That's all. I try not to make either dim witted points or be abusive to people i don't agree with on the forum. Unfortunately most the people trying to make valid interesting points, whether right or wrong, have now left the forum having lost interest in Leicester Speedway, whch leaves me trying to have a debate and ending up with just the usual flippant, often abusive responses from the likes of you. Hopefully that's not defamation, though it might be an aspersion, who knows?

cheers.

Edited by volty

Mick.

Would provide the perfect reason for his average to plummet and start 2016 as a second string for Poole.

• Like 1

I think between Matt Ford and Darcy Ward. Which ever club he is going to go and ride at will already be well on the way to completion. Which ever team it is we will never know until a few days before he is due to ride.

Mick.

This is the probably the most vile post I have ever read on this forum! You're a bloody disgrace.......!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1