British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

I went to the ben fund then just watched a bit on bet365. I do know that from regularly watching bet365 theperimeteruld have had to have been a lot of fans just out of shot for crowds to be anywhere near your 1500-2000 estimate, whilst pixel8's estimates clearly show that he is 100% man.

Bear in mind that the stands at Leicester completely full seat 400 people. If averages were anywhere near 2000 you could have placed 2 of those on each corner and and 4 of them on the back straight and they would have been all been full. erm, i think as much as you probably don't want it to be the case speedibee's estimates would probably be very near the mark.

As you well know because Bet365 only shows the backstraight where people can only see from the fence so no one stands behind. On turns 1/ 3/4 people can stand from the fence up the bank to the perimetre fence.

As you well know because Bet365 only shows the backstraight where people can only see from the fence so no one stands behind. On turns 1/ 3/4 people can stand from the fence up the bank to the perimetre fence.

You can see the crowds on the 2/3/4 bends and backstraights on Bet365. From what i saw, for crowds of 2000 to be in attendance at most of those meetings would required some kind of mass pilchard impression on the home straight. I may be wrong though.

Agree that Cook would be great at Leicester.

Can imagine Doyle and Cook as starting point.

Think KK will be the other GP star they are talking to (although GP form goes out the roof for him in EL)

Would Leicester have to change race nights if 2 GP riders or use guests?)

Doyle is in the SGPs so can't see him riding for a Saturday track - unless Leicester change their night?

I certainly agree that Jason would not really want a Saturday night track with GPs and Poland.

Also, swindon would be silly if they did not want him back.

Just a thought but if he is riding next year, will Darcy be at Poole?

I know for a fact that at least two league meetings there were only 800

Why do you think he wants to sell . :cry:

No one had the slightest interest in going to the Eastbourne match. It was a meeting with more guest riders for both teams, that nobody bothered to show up, there was enough on here about that meeting, it must have been one of the worst in the EL this year bar the farce of the play off semi's and final's.

Lets hope that they manage to get a half decent team together for next season and a team that manages to stay there until the end of the year.

Although the Leicester management sacked Mads K, I do like the fact that they want to put out a really strong and attractive team for both home and away in 2015, it's what attracts the fans home and away, and what every promoter should strive for, for the successful future of British speedway!!

• Like 1

It was a shame that DH put together a decent team at the start only for 2 riders to leave after a few meetings when the team was starting to ride together well.

But the rest of the season was ruined by having guest riders in place, instead of getting 2 more decent riders to fill the slots.

Lets hope that he sticks by what he is saying and gets together a first class team.

Although the Leicester management sacked Mads K, I do like the fact that they want to put out a really strong and attractive team for both home and away in 2015, it's what attracts the fans home and away, and what every promoter should strive for, for the successful future of British speedway!!

I hope they are successful too.

It worries me that more and more top riders want out of the EL - so i wish them luck.

Would be nice to see KK at the Lions, but if he did sign then I am sure they would have to change the race night, because his Polish club as with most Polish riders as we have seen this year, they don't want them riding over here the night before they ride in Poland.

It would be a shame as I think we would lose a lot of the young fans if the night changed from a Saturday. Most parents could live with a Friday night as the youngsters don't go to scholl.

We have a good following at BP from these youngsters and it would be a shame to see them lost from the sport, we need them for the future of keeping speedway alive in the coming years.

I know my grandson who is 10 would not be abe to attend if it was mid week because on the way home on a Saturday he is falling asleep. And he gets up late on Sunday morning.

Friday night other than when there iss a GP then Thursday?

Edited by 1 valve

I stand on the back straight and last season there were people standing three deep on some occasions.

Friday is coventry's night and is Historically theres . so Leicester cannot race on fri if it clashes with coventry

If the sport is to make progress clubs are going to have to become less precious about "their" race night recognise that maybe a bit of give and take would be better for all concerned. I dont think the one (same) race night a week for all clubs is going to get off the ground but I think two (consecutive) nights will.maybe not for 2015 but can see it in place for 2016. If either come to fruition then clearly "Friday is our race night" attitude is going to be a thing of the past. So for 2015 I suggest Leicester & Coventry should give alternating Thursday & Friday a go. Yes the devil is in the detail, but I think the writing is beginning to be written on the wall.

So for 2015 I suggest Leicester & Coventry should give alternating Thursday & Friday a go.

I've got a better idea - Leicester can have Thursday and we'll stick with our regular Friday night. :D Coventry have tried that and it was a disaster - too many shift workers for a start who can't attend, also children at school the next day. We have traditionally always been a weekend club whereas in the past Tuesday was Leicester's night. It's no good either to keep swapping and changing race nights as fans like a set day. The G.P's have made a big enough negative input without two clubs deciding to mess about as well. Edited by Gemini