British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

flagrag

The boarding on the stand was a part of the recent planning condition and in fact it does not comply with that condition because it is not an acoustic fence .Best not to say to much about it really because in actual fact none of the acoustic fence at the front of the stadium is up for the original planning consent .

And that applies to the rear of the back straight stand also ?

From the report on the Lions website, I would say that it is very, very doubtful that he plans to sell.

He is going to Poland to speak with Jason Doyle to get him back next year, it sounds like at all cost. And also to have a talk with one of the other GP riders to try and get them to ride for the Lions. Who could that be.

It will be very interesting to see who it is and if he manages to get Jason back for next season, I think if he has a half decent team around him next year we will see him back in Lions colours.

As for the land around the stadium, the piece behind the disabled parking spaces like something from a bombed out war zone.

Would be far better to turn it into extra car parking spaces and let them push the stadium out by an extra 20 or so feet. instead of squasing everything into a match box like it is now.

• Like 1

Do i get the impression that David Hemsley wants to change the race night?

No, not according to the article on the website/ Leicester Mercury, Hemsley says he is travelling out this weekend to Poland to speak to Doyle & another current GP rider, with a view to signing both for next season.But adds " I don't see that a clash of commitments between Leicester & the staging of the Grand Prix meetings will be a problem as I am formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing but I cannot divulge what they are until I have cleared it with our governing body".

I presume that because he doesn't mention having to cover the other rider on Grand Prix nights & it's unlikely he would sign 2 GP riders, it's someone who is currently a GP rider but will not be next season.

I see it somewhat the same stevethelion, other than I think he is after two riders that will both be riding in the GP's, what aranegmets he plans to come up with, when he talks to the BPSA who who ever I have no idea, but he must have already have is own thoughts of getting around this problem. Unless as you said one of those riders will not be part of the GP's next year, still leaves a lot of riders to chose from.

I have a feeling the current GP rider that he is going to talk to may be Kenneth Bjerre as they could probably arrange some fixtures around GPs for Doyle if they had cover with Bjerre and Cook.

Kenny Bjerre will more than likely be back in norfolk next year, in my opinion.Maybe DH is going to chat to smoli?

No, not according to the article on the website/ Leicester Mercury, Hemsley says he is travelling out this weekend to Poland to speak to Doyle & another current GP rider, with a view to signing both for next season.But adds " I don't see that a clash of commitments between Leicester & the staging of the Grand Prix meetings will be a problem as I am formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing but I cannot divulge what they are until I have cleared it with our governing body".

I presume that because he doesn't mention having to cover the other rider on Grand Prix nights & it's unlikely he would sign 2 GP riders, it's someone who is currently a GP rider but will not be next season.

It is the words "clear it with our governing body" that make me wonder.

People seem to be forgetting that the EL may be moving towards midweek speedway next year, so signing any GP rider wouldn't necessarily be a problem - subject to the usual points limitations.

If it's moving towards midweek racing for next season why does Hemsley say he's " formulating plans for a workaround as and when Jason will be missing".He wouldn't need to if plans were in place for midweek racing next season. Unless the other promoters are keeping him in the dark about their plans!