British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

BarrowBoy- Unfortunately in sport that is not how it works you only announce your targets and plans until you have them signed sealed and delivered for example you don't hear Leicester Tigers saying we are talking to Dan Carter,Owen Farrell as if it don't happen it just disappoints fans.

The situation in Speedway is also different as if the rider is coming from another track like at Leicester you have to wait until they are happy for you to announce the rider as their fans may be expecting them in their team.

It has not been helped this winter that Poole have had the Darcy Ward situation so have been keeping riders hanging on and not allowing other clubs to sign assets. along with the Leicester management also wanting to avoid using any double up riders in the 1-5 to prevent fixture clashes which is a good idea to me.

Finally there has been riders being indecisive about whether they want UK racing one min they do next they don't and then change their minds again I know of 4 riders that have done that to clubs this year and only 1 has actually ended up signing for a UK club.

All in all it has been a challenging winter for team building for all clubs but am sure if this final option turns out how I expect Leicester should have a very strong top end to the team

Nice to know but it would also have been nice to see the same sort of comment made on the Lions website, explaining what is going on. No Names no pack drill, so not letting any other team know of your plans, but at least informing the fans of the picture at large.

And I am not getting my knitting in a twist, just making it known that it is nice to let the fans know, a little of what is happening at the club.

You just answered your own question, well done :t:

err o.k. then....too clever for me trumper!

Leicester getting cold feet over Wozniak and his 5.50 assessed average?

Prem Pawlicki plus ? incoming?

Make that Prem Pawlicki plus N.Klindt

Don't know about Shamek but I was with Nicolai last week and he has sold all his British equipment and has no plans or interest in riding here. He does much better in other countries but has failed to get to grips with racing in Britain for some reason and will look at returning in 2016 possibly.

BarrowBoy- Unfortunately in sport that is not how it works you only announce your targets and plans until you have them signed sealed and delivered for example you don't hear Leicester Tigers saying we are talking to Dan Carter,Owen Farrell as if it don't happen it just disappoints fans.

The situation in Speedway is also different as if the rider is coming from another track like at Leicester you have to wait until they are happy for you to announce the rider as their fans may be expecting them in their team.

I

I didn't ask for details I just thought that it would be nice if the management would just comment from time to time on the general situation.

Don't you just love know it alls.

The bottom line Barrow Boy is that 7 riders will line up at the start of the season that's all we need to know.

I am not a know it all and I am fully aware that 7 riders will be in place thank you. I just feel that it would be nice if the management would keep us more updated on the general situation.

[quote name="barrow boy" post="2578319" timestamp="1424594033"

I am not a know it all and I am fully aware that 7 riders will be in place thank you. I just feel that it would be nice if the management would keep us more updated on the general situation.

I didn't mean you were. It's all the others claiming to know the who's why's and when's. That get my chest.

• Like 1

Kacper Gomolski would be a bargain on such a low average especially when you consider the format now being used is much easier than the last time he was here and only 19.

Along with Maciej Janowski they would complete a very powerful top five and I can't see how Darcy Ward and a three point reserve being as productive as they could be so why should they wait for Ward ?

Along with Kings Lynn and Belle Vue they look to have five very capable riders in the right position

Kacper Gomolski would be a bargain on such a low average especially when you consider the format now being used is much easier than the last time he was here and only 19.

Along with Maciej Janowski they would complete a very powerful top five and I can't see how Darcy Ward and a three point reserve being as productive as they could be so why should they wait for Ward ?

Along with Kings Lynn and Belle Vue they look to have five very capable riders in the right position

Whats this got to do with Leicester? Other than Leicester waiting for Poole to decide!!

I didn't ask for details I just thought that it would be nice if the management would just comment from time to time on the general situation.

I agree with this post, the management team, don't post half enough information on the website, letting the Lions fans know what is going on at the track, not only in the close season but at the time of the ongoing season in general.

Any true Lions fan to love to know a bit more of what happens to the club, either about the track or about the riders. We get to hear very little, on any front.

Are you on the right thread? :lol:

Talking about bad management with lack of info to fans,the lions first home match planned for a midday start on Mother's Day is not really great planning.

I think it's about time the management listened to the fans.

Can't think of any better treat for anyone's mum on mothers day, a trip to BP to watch Lions v Bees, can't wait! :t:

• Like 1

Really ? How many mothers do you know who would prefer a trip to a non important speedway fixture at BP compared to family time going somewhere nice.lol

Judging by the average age of most of the fans there can't be many mothers still alive.
  • Like 1