British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

Thanks for that insight. Shame you feel the track is not going to be changed. Spoils a decent little set up which has much to be admired about it. It's not the type of speedway I want to watch every week but good luck to the Lions this season.

Lion king talking crap how unusual

Thanks for that insight. Shame you feel the track is not going to be changed. Spoils a decent little set up which has much to be admired about it. It's not the type of speedway I want to watch every week but good luck to the Lions this season.

• Like 2

Not changing the shape of the track is DH and Leicester speedway downfall, being stubborn in business when things are clearly not working can make you go under and nobody who slates the track wants Leicester to go bust.

who were the other clubs and why did he turn down swindon ?

He didn't turn down Swindon as he was happy with all that Leicester did for him in 2014 & wanted to return their loyalty in him.

Good on him for that I say.

• Like 2

where do you come up with those figures when the rules say 7 in pl and 4 in el.

note also that finishing top 4 in a state championship makes a rider elegible, surely a genuinely promising aussie should be able to achieve that (or a 7 pt pl average).

nightshift posted this list of 6 guides to where rules were not being met

1 riders with one year contracts getting multi-year visas

2 riders guesting out with the terms of their visa

3 riders doubling up contrary to visa regulations

4 riders changing teams mid-season without applying for new visas

5 riders obtaining new visas despite not attaining their assessed average

6 riders getting 5 point assessments instead of 7

Think it was #6 that was being reffered to as riders are coming over on averages lower than what they should be.

Personally I would like to see ALL foreign riders having to return the next season on their assessed averages when they first appeared if they havent met that figure. Look at the line ups in the Premier League and how many foreign riders there are with averages under seven points a match (example only) which is places that should be taken up by British riders.

Maybe the Premier League needs down grading which it will do with riders having to decide in the future which league to ride in. Wasn;t there also something about riders that are doubling up not allowed to the following seasons if they have averaged over six in the Elite League which would stop riders like Cook, King etc riding in the Premier League.

The Premier League needs to be the training ground for British riders looking to step up in the world as it used to be with Havelock, Collins, Morton, Wilson, Loram, Simmons, etc etc

Just been reading the article about imagration issues for non EU residents, it seems that the Goverment are making it their top priority to stop non EU residents from coming into the country, the issue about the visa's is only the tip of the iceberg.

It looks like this year could be the last seasothat we see any Australin or American riders coming over here to race.

I would not be at all suprised if the amount of visa's issued this year is for a very small number of Australian riders.

They wish to bring non EU residents getting visa's down to less than 10's of thouhsands a year, the best they say that they could hope for was for a zero allowance of visa applications.

So I really think that this years visa nonsense is more to do with goverment policy than actual mistakes by the promoters.

As stated in the aricicle, the Australians that are trying to come over here, to visit their Mother country are being treaded as if they where the convits that where deported in the first place, not their ancestors in the past.

So maybe we will be seeing a very different team structure in next years or even this years EL, it looks like the young British riders will have to be given team places or else the teams will have to fill in the gaps with EU riders.

It will be a new era for British speedway with no non EU riders for the EL or PL.

What are the goverment playing at.

Just hope we get to see Jason Doyle for at least one more season at least, before they pull the plug on these brilliant riders, it will be a great loss to British Speedway if this happens.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see ALL foreign riders having to return the next season on their assessed averages when they first appeared if they havent met that figure. Look at the line ups in the Premier League and how many foreign riders there are with averages under seven points a match (example only) which is places that should be taken up by British riders.

Maybe the Premier League needs down grading which it will do with riders having to decide in the future which league to ride in. Wasn;t there also something about riders that are doubling up not allowed to the following seasons if they have averaged over six in the Elite League which would stop riders like Cook, King etc riding in the Premier League.

The Premier League needs to be the training ground for British riders looking to step up in the world as it used to be with Havelock, Collins, Morton, Wilson, Loram, Simmons, etc etc

Whay a load of rubbish the PL should not be a training ground as you put it it is a professional league, the NL is a training ground as you say for young riders.

you also say that foreign riders with sub 7 point averages should be replaced by Brits. So tell me who all the Brits that are good enough to replace all these foreingers are then?

So your saying a team waiting on One rider can hold up there Rival Elite league teams from naming there full teams for the 2015 season ? If so Poole rule speedway after all and you believe it. I don't buy it.

I'm sure there are plenty of Poole's assets that MF has given permission for other clubs to approach! :wink:

It's bad form for you and your wife to like your own post!

So your saying a team waiting on One rider can hold up there Rival Elite league teams from naming there full teams for the 2015 season ? If so Poole rule speedway after all and you believe it. I don't buy it.

We'll see when all the teams are completed but there are plenty of Poole assets without a team yet & few other riders waiting.

Why should Poole be allowed to hold up riders accepting a team place with another club, just because their star bad boy may get let off, he should face the full 2 year ban, get the FIM to make a statement at the start of next week and lets get on and get 2015 done and sorted.

It is well time that the asset system was put to bed, if one club can have a hold on a ridiculas number of asset riders, each club should be limited to the number of riders thay have as assets.

If they have not raced for the club that has them as an asset for more than 2 seasons on a regular basis then they should be released, on free fransfers to other clubs.

Oh how I wished I could have some say in the way that the speedway world is run. It needs a good shake up,

Why should Poole be allowed to hold up riders accepting a team place with another club, just because their star bad boy may get let off, he should face the full 2 year ban, get the FIM to make a statement at the start of next week and lets get on and get 2015 done and sorted.

It is well time that the asset system was put to bed, if one club can have a hold on a ridiculas number of asset riders, each club should be limited to the number of riders thay have as assets.

If they have not raced for the club that has them as an asset for more than 2 seasons on a regular basis then they should be released, on free fransfers to other clubs.

Oh how I wished I could have some say in the way that the speedway world is run. It needs a good shake up,

It might be the case that the riders will be happy to wait as it's Poole or nothing for them in Britain.

This quote should come with a health warning. My sides are splitting

As someone who appears to have some of the most interesting and intelligent things to say on the subject of speedway elswhere on the forums, I think TMW's husband appears to hardly dare go within a forum, let alone a thread of where his wife posts, lest someone make that association!

Edited by volty

As someone who appears to have some of the most interesting and intelligent things to say on the subject of speedway elswhere on the forums, I think TMW's husband appears to hardly dare go within a forum, let alone a thread of where his wife posts, lest someone make that association!

You are looking for Great Central. You will find indeed he does post on other parts he doesn't bother with this one ! Edited by TMW