British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

Or does anyone know if there's been any remedial work on the track over the winter? Be nice to know before I consider spending any more of my hard earned cash at BP again. Unfortunately I'd given up before those meetings that were spoken of so highly last summer. Be nice to know that there is a chance that the quality of the racing on offer is of a consistently higher standard.

Or does anyone know if there's been any remedial work on the track over the winter? Be nice to know before I consider spending any more of my hard earned cash at BP again. Unfortunately I'd given up before those meetings that were spoken of so highly last summer. Be nice to know that there is a chance that the quality of the racing on offer is of a consistently higher standard.

You'd hope so, but I doubt it. I don't know how it happened but the meetings from Leicester I watched on Bet365 last season had heat after heat of incredibly dull processional racing, yet reports from some gave the impression spectators at the track were wetting themselves with excitement at 15 heats packed with thrilling racing from tapes to flag. I can only conclude that something strange must happen to the images when live speedway from Leicester is transmitted over the internet.

• Like 2

You'd hope so, but I doubt it. I don't know how it happened but the meetings from Leicester I watched on Bet365 last season had heat after heat of incredibly dull processional racing, yet reports from some gave the impression spectators at the track were wetting themselves with excitement at 15 heats packed with thrilling racing from tapes to flag. I can only conclude that something strange must happen to the images when live speedway from Leicester is transmitted over the internet.

If the team win the crowd get excited.....simples and the crowd always take a change of underwear just incase Doyle gets the win in ht 15

Some people seem to be under the misconception that Doyle is unhappy with the shape apparently it's the lighting on bend 3 he is unhappy about so can't see it myself Edited by TMW

Nobody was wetting themselves but there was no doubt the racing did improve considerably from July onwards and I've been to every home meeting since we reopened and many away matches.

The track is not going to change so i don't know why people are still going on about it.

Support DH instead of fighting him at every chance to put him down.

Not changing the shape of the track is DH and Leicester speedway downfall, being stubborn in business when things are clearly not working can make you go under and nobody who slates the track wants Leicester to go bust.

So why has he agreed to come back then when other clubs wanted him; including Swindon.

who were the other clubs and why did he turn down swindon ?

I'm afraid that is where you are wrong.

Crowds have improved dramaticly with stats to back it up.

Certain people with a vendetta to DH mainly people who have been fed the poison put in by a former co-promotor & campaigner who they think is gods gift to earth

Not changing the shape of the track is DH and Leicester speedway downfall, being stubborn in business when things are clearly not working can make you go under and nobody who slates the track wants Leicester to go bust.

who were the other clubs and why did he turn down swindon ?

• Like 2

Certain people with a vendetta to DH mainly people who have been fed the poison put in by a former co-promotor & campaigner who they think is gods gift to earth

I just want to see racing where riders can overtake other than when a rider makes a mistake and that allows a rider to pass,its a shame when so many people have said the same thing about the shape is wrong but there is no vendetta towards DH,I think everything about Leicester stadium is great apart from the shape of the track.

which ex-promotor ?

• Like 1

I can't see lionking putting any names forward on that one. I know I wouldn't, It is ok to make a mentioning remark, but go any futher and you are leaving yourself open to libel.

It would be nice to see on the Lions website, what has been going on at the track during the close season, there was talk of major building work, it is also taking far to long to name the final rider, just a couple of hints to who it could be would make a nice change, I check every day, but nothing has altered on the webpage sins the signing of BP.

The Lions have a strong and loyal support from the fans, it would be very nice to see the fans being told what happens at the club a bit more.

I can't see lionking putting any names forward on that one. I know I wouldn't, It is ok to make a mentioning remark, but go any futher and you are leaving yourself open to libel.

It would be nice to see on the Lions website, what has been going on at the track during the close season, there was talk of major building work, it is also taking far to long to name the final rider, just a couple of hints to who it could be would make a nice change, I check every day, but nothing has altered on the webpage sins the signing of BP.

The Lions have a strong and loyal support from the fans, it would be very nice to see the fans being told what happens at the club a bit more.

If someone is lined up it could be a mistake to let on who it is because there are other teams who have not completed their teams and they could persuade the rider to go there instead

Doyle is affected because his sponsor (Leicester speedway) has had their sponsorship certificate withdrawn (along with all other promoters). This is because of multiple breaches by numerous promoters of the existing regulations.

I can see at least six categories of repeated breaches that have been committed (there may be others I have overlooked)

1 riders with one year contracts getting multi-year visas

2 riders guesting out with the terms of their visa

3 riders doubling up contrary to visa regulations

4 riders changing teams mid-season without applying for new visas

5 riders obtaining new visas despite not attaining their assessed average

6 riders getting 5 point assessments instead of 7

Is it any wonder the UKV & I are unhappy!

This is clearly such a widespread systemic failure that the BSPA must take the lions share of the responsibility for allowing so many poor practices to exist - resulting in the position that our sport now finds itself in.

[What if no date/venue/facilitator for the sponsors workshops can be found for six weeks? Add a couple of weeks to issue new sponsors' certificates and another couple before visas are approved and it could be April before Jason Doyle and co return!!]

The interesting point is riders averages the following year and this could mean all non EU riders having to have at least a 7800 average in the Premier League and possibly 6.00 in the Elite League.

This would mean no young Aussies coming over to learn their trade and instead possibly having to go to Swedish or Polish lower league teams instead of here.

The thing is how many are included in teams at the moment on lower averages than should be and will these have to be changed as well ?

Does lionking mean a former co-promoter at Leicester? If so there are not many to choose from!

As opposed to being taken in by your constant vile spouting. I actually think you are on a windup now.

You even had me fooled there for a bit and that isn't easy.

Edited by TMW

The interesting point is riders averages the following year and this could mean all non EU riders having to have at least a 7800 average in the Premier League and possibly 6.00 in the Elite League.

This would mean no young Aussies coming over to learn their trade and instead possibly having to go to Swedish or Polish lower league teams instead of here.

The thing is how many are included in teams at the moment on lower averages than should be and will these have to be changed as well ?

where do you come up with those figures when the rules say 7 in pl and 4 in el.

note also that finishing top 4 in a state championship makes a rider elegible, surely a genuinely promising aussie should be able to achieve that (or a 7 pt pl average).

The track is not going to change so i don't know why people are still going on about it.

Support DH instead of fighting him at every chance to put him down.

Thanks for that insight. Shame you feel the track is not going to be changed. Spoils a decent little set up which has much to be admired about it. It's not the type of speedway I want to watch every week but good luck to the Lions this season.

• Like 1