British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

So Visa riders = no doubling up and no 'guesting'?

Could make covering absences a little difficult across the top 5 especially when more than one meeting is held at the same time in an 8 team EL.

TBF, looks at the Aussies in the EL. Holder, Doyle, Batch, Woodward (now out injured anyway) and Fricke. It barely effected the EL as Holder can probably only guest for a couple of riders anyway. I doubt it'll be that big an issue.

Now if Rory Schlein had been banned from guesting then every clubs go to man would be out of contention and it could be difficult :D

TBF, looks at the Aussies in the EL. Holder, Doyle, Batch, Woodward (now out injured anyway) and Fricke. It barely effected the EL as Holder can probably only guest for a couple of riders anyway. I doubt it'll be that big an issue.

Now if Rory Schlein had been banned from guesting then every clubs go to man would be out of contention and it could be difficult :D

Maybe it will make things more dificult for EL teams where they need to call on PL guests to cover for absent second-strings and sometimes their third heat-leader?

Hopefully the UKV&I will deal with the visa re-applications in alphabetical order!

It amazes me that we are now at the end of January and it has taken all this time for the issue of visa applications to come to a head.

The visa application process, should be sorted out as soon as possible after the season finishes, so that the riders know where they stand and also the clubs.

Why wait until now to throw the cat amoungst the pidgons. But when all is said and done this is the UK with with it's endless rols of red tape. If you can't find any problems, then make some, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by weatherwatcher

It amazes me that we are now at the end of January and it has taken all this time for the issue of visa applications to come to a head.

The visa application process, should be sorted out as soon as possible after the season finishes, so that the riders know where they stand and also the clubs.

Why wait until now to throw the cat amoungst the pidgons. But when all is said and done this is the UK with with it's endless rols of red tape. If you can't find any problems, then make some, just to be on the safe side.

And as usual you totally miss the point, and can't have read other posts on this and the numerous threads on the visa issues. The problem is with the Sponsorships licence, which have been withdrawn even though the visa's had been obtained. The riders have to reapply after the clubs have attended the Sponsorship workshop on Friday to be reissued with Sponsorship licences.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

And as usual you totally miss the point, and can't have read other posts on this and the numerous threads on the visa issues. The problem is with the Sponsorships licence, which have been withdrawn even though the visa's had been obtained. The riders have to reapply after the clubs have attended the Sponsorship workshop on Friday to be reissued with Sponsorship licences.

Do you know what the problem is?

A NUMBER of speedway clubs who employ migrant riders (non EU) were asked to attend a meeting with UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) this week.

This meeting was a result of a number of regular compliance visits to individual clubs as the employers.

There are administrative issues which all parties are keen to resolve before the start of the 2015 British Speedway season.

The UKVI have offered to hold an operational workshop for club officials to assist them in this complex process.

In the meantime, the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters' Assocaition) and UKVI remain committed to work towards a satisfactory outcome.

British Speedway Chairman Alex Harkess said: “The UKVI have assured us they will work with us with the aim of ensuring all eligible riders are able to compete in the 2015 season.”

• Like 1

A NUMBER of speedway clubs who employ migrant riders (non EU) were asked to attend a meeting with UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) this week.

This meeting was a result of a number of regular compliance visits to individual clubs as the employers.

There are administrative issues which all parties are keen to resolve before the start of the 2015 British Speedway season.

The UKVI have offered to hold an operational workshop for club officials to assist them in this complex process.

In the meantime, the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters' Assocaition) and UKVI remain committed to work towards a satisfactory outcome.

British Speedway Chairman Alex Harkess said: The UKVI have assured us they will work with us with the aim of ensuring all eligible riders are able to compete in the 2015 season.

Yes I saw that thanks. Still doesn't answer what the 'issues' were

Doyle is affected because his sponsor (Leicester speedway) has had their sponsorship certificate withdrawn (along with all other promoters). This is because of multiple breaches by numerous promoters of the existing regulations.

I can see at least six categories of repeated breaches that have been committed (there may be others I have overlooked)

1 riders with one year contracts getting multi-year visas
2 riders guesting out with the terms of their visa
3 riders doubling up contrary to visa regulations
4 riders changing teams mid-season without applying for new visas
5 riders obtaining new visas despite not attaining their assessed average
6 riders getting 5 point assessments instead of 7

Is it any wonder the UKV & I are unhappy!

This is clearly such a widespread systemic failure that the BSPA must take the lions share of the responsibility for allowing so many poor practices to exist - resulting in the position that our sport now finds itself in.

[What if no date/venue/facilitator for the sponsors workshops can be found for six weeks? Add a couple of weeks to issue new sponsors' certificates and another couple before visas are approved and it could be April before Jason Doyle and co return!!]

• Like 1

Doyle is affected because his sponsor (Leicester speedway) has had their sponsorship certificate withdrawn (along with all other promoters). This is because of multiple breaches by numerous promoters of the existing regulations.

I can see at least six categories of repeated breaches that have been committed (there may be others I have overlooked)

This is clearly such a widespread systemic failure that the BSPA must take the lions share of the responsibility for allowing so many poor practices to exist - resulting in the position that our sport now finds itself in.

[What if no date/venue/facilitator for the sponsors workshops can be found for six weeks? Add a couple of weeks to issue new sponsors' certificates and another couple before visas are approved and it could be April before Jason Doyle and co return!!]

The (first?) workshop takes place on Friday!!!

If Doyle & Holder get refused visas does that mean they can't ride in Cardiff ?

• Like 1

If Doyle & Holder get refused visas does that mean they can't ride in Cardiff ?

No (and not Batchelor either) because their GP sponsor is BSI not their UK club! And as far as I'm aware BSI haven't had their sponsorship licence revoked!

Edited by Skidder1

As I said before, all this mess should have been sorted out weeks ago. Not leave it until the 11th hour when it is getting close to the season starting. Yes I have read what it all entails and the BPSA and the crew at the Visa applications, should be ashamed, that they can let things come to a head with the new season so close.

If they had all done their jobs correctly, then the UKVI would have been on the ball, letting the BPSA, know of all their wrong doings as soon as the first applications had gone through.

Looking at their site it is no wonder things can get out of hand the way they opperate and to top it all they are based in Manilla, not the UK.

I just hope that they have the correct Visa's in place to work there.

It is not that speedway riders from Australia and the U.S.A have just started coming to race over here this season they have been coming year in year out. They should not have to face the riddiculas rules and regulations that have been thrown at them these last couple of years.

How hard can it be for a club to apply for one of these riders to come to their club, to race for a season.

So weatherwatcher - would ypu rather ukvi had revoked visas mid season?

The rules havent been "thrown" at bspa the last couple oftyears, the same rules have been in place for the last five at least.

im pretty sure it will just be the processing centre based in manilla (pretty standard for large entities), not the whole dept.

do you really think ukvu can cobstantly monitor every sponsor.all the time?

End of the day, it is the fault of the clubs and bspa, and they seem to have got off very likely given the systemic breaches.

• Like 5

As I said before, all this mess should have been sorted out weeks ago. Not leave it until the 11th hour when it is getting close to the season starting. Yes I have read what it all entails and the BPSA and the crew at the Visa applications, should be ashamed, that they can let things come to a head with the new season so close.

If they had all done their jobs correctly, then the UKVI would have been on the ball, letting the BPSA, know of all their wrong doings as soon as the first applications had gone through.

Looking at their site it is no wonder things can get out of hand the way they opperate and to top it all they are based in Manilla, not the UK.

I just hope that they have the correct Visa's in place to work there.

It is not that speedway riders from Australia and the U.S.A have just started coming to race over here this season they have been coming year in year out. They should not have to face the riddiculas rules and regulations that have been thrown at them these last couple of years.

How hard can it be for a club to apply for one of these riders to come to their club, to race for a season.

The UKV&I appear to have been very tolerant of persistant and repeated errors before finally saying enough is enough.

As has also been pointed out by aces1 above it wouldve been much worse had they pulked the plug mid season.

• Like 2

If they knew that the problem was there mid season, then they should have brought the isue forward. Has anyone looked at the application form for getting entry into the UK it is a total waps nest. If you are coming here and you have been to univerity and have gotten a BA degree, the the issue of getting into the counrty seems quite simple.

For a speedway rider to apply to enter the UK then it is another matter, do they do a BA honours in speedway riding.

If you have any problems with the visa application, there is way way that you can meet anyone face to face to sort out any issues you can only do it over the telephone.

They way they word the application forms will only lead to problems, the whole thing could be laid out far simpler.

There are so many different visa's that you can apply for, unless the riders are used to applying for visa's I can easily see where the problems come from.

Why can't said rider say I am coming to ride for said club for the season and said club also say that rider X is coming to the club, why do they have to wrap every in so much of a sticky mess, that both rider and clubs can easlily get lost in the application process.

I don't for one moment think that all the clubs have been in the wrong, with the visa application or the riders for that matter. It is just a case of the department that runs the visa procces getting on their high horse and making it as hard as possible for these guys to come over here to do a job. It is not that they are applying for the visa so that when they get here they dissapear to some relative never to be seen again, they come over here to do a simple job that is ride for a speedway club or clubs, season over go home, and then have to go through the suppid procces again the following year, with the same problems, that they had the year before or some new ones that they have tagged on to the application system.

If they knew that the problem was there mid season, then they should have brought the isue forward. Has anyone looked at the application form for getting entry into the UK it is a total waps nest. If you are coming here and you have been to univerity and have gotten a BA degree, the the issue of getting into the counrty seems quite simple.

For a speedway rider to apply to enter the UK then it is another matter, do they do a BA honours in speedway riding.

If you have any problems with the visa application, there is way way that you can meet anyone face to face to sort out any issues you can only do it over the telephone.

They way they word the application forms will only lead to problems, the whole thing could be laid out far simpler.

There are so many different visa's that you can apply for, unless the riders are used to applying for visa's I can easily see where the problems come from.

Why can't said rider say I am coming to ride for said club for the season and said club also say that rider X is coming to the club, why do they have to wrap every in so much of a sticky mess, that both rider and clubs can easlily get lost in the application process.

I don't for one moment think that all the clubs have been in the wrong, with the visa application or the riders for that matter. It is just a case of the department that runs the visa procces getting on their high horse and making it as hard as possible for these guys to come over here to do a job. It is not that they are applying for the visa so that when they get here they dissapear to some relative never to be seen again, they come over here to do a simple job that is ride for a speedway club or clubs, season over go home, and then have to go through the suppid procces again the following year, with the same problems, that they had the year before or some new ones that they have tagged on to the application system.

time you were put in charge of it all mate