British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

If I was Bjarne reading some of these comments I would be quite upset. BP has been a very loyal servant to British speedway throughout his career and doesn't deserve this criticism. I don't buy all these conspiratory theories with reference to Poole. Speedway want to race and win and Bjarne is no exception. He will be a good signing.

Fully agree with those comments. I think he will do a good job for Leicester at 2nd heat leader. I hope he has a good season......except against Coventry!!

• Like 1

He was a no 1 last season at Eastbourne so it will do him & Doyley ( if work permit granted) good to fight for the no1 jacket .

If we can steal JK aswell that for me gives us a fighting chance of play offs. But i fear his long track commitments will put an end to his connection with Leicester.

Fully agree with those comments. I think he will do a good job for Leicester at 2nd heat leader. I hope he has a good season......except against Coventry!!

Eastbourne did their fixtures around the long track because they didn't have any GP riders.

We have already done our fixtures around the GP's for Doyley so i fear we will struggle to get JK to enough meetings to make him viable as much as i would love him at BP

He rode for eastbourne happily enough whilst doing his longtrack, also he wasnt just out in andora, he lives there:P

Edited by lionking
  • Like 1

Kylmakorpi is not likely to be an option at Leicester due to the World Long track GP championship, As he is planning on riding in that which normally operates on the opposite weekends to the Speedwy GP so that would clash with lots of Leicester fixtures.

Leicester are also trying if possible to avoid doubling up riders so there is no fixtures clashes but that may have to change if option A does not come off.

I think JK will sit out the start and wait for team changes before returning to UK although he may be an option for Swindon if they don't complete on AM

No he wont be an option....not in the slightest

Pretty sure in last weeks speedway star it read that the remaining 2 riders 1 had signed and the remaining rider they were waiting for the contract to be signed and then he would be announced.

As much as I think it's a good signing for the lions I can't help but feel that mm will end up at no 5 with a double upper at 2or 4

I thought it said that there were a couple of riders that he had spoken to for the last place and the first to say yes would have that place - but I could be mistaken!

If I was Bjarne reading some of these comments I would be quite upset. BP has been a very loyal servant to British speedway throughout his career and doesn't deserve this criticism. I don't buy all these conspiracy theories with reference to Poole. Speedway riders want to race and win and Bjarne is no exception. He will be a good signing.

Its only the sad Birmingham fans saying this, they are just sore because they had a crap run club and it was shut down, for all we no BP probably was not getting paid.

• Like 3

Pretty sure in last weeks speedway star it read that the remaining 2 riders 1 had signed and the remaining rider they were waiting for the contract to be signed and then he would be announced.

As much as I think it's a good signing for the lions I can't help but feel that mm will end up at no 5 with a double upper at 2or 4

Norrie said last night that they still wanted to sign someone as 3rd heat leader & it was still very much the preferred option to have Michelsen at 2 or 4 & not at heat leader. To do this they are now looking to sign someone with an average between 6.66 & 6.03 which narrows the choice somewhat especially with Buckowski turning down a contract offer, although I think Norrie was perhaps hoping he would change his mind.Suggestions from the floor did include Richie Worrall but Norrie said they were reluctant to use a double-upper because of fixture clashes, plus that would mean using Michelsen as heat leader.

At the minute Leicester's options seem to be being held up with the Poole/Darcy Ward situation as they have riders who may or may not be in their side some of which would be good option for Leicester.

It has of course been complicated further in the last 48hrs with the visa situation so more clubs could be looking for options.

The 2 problems that are mentioned above should not have been a problem at all. The visa situation should have been done and dusted and put to bed last year, the same with Darcy Ward if they are going to ban him then hurry up and get it done, he deserves what he gets.

As for clubs having to wait around for Poole to decide who they are going to have in the team, this is just shear stuppidity. Why riders even bother to hang around for them beets me, when there are other clubs that would gladly sign them, it is if Poole are the only team in the country that matters to them.

The way they are being made to hang around to see what happens to one spoilt brat is beyong resoning.

I would just give him a straight season long ban, it is the least he should get.

I think BP is a good signing at BP and once he has got used to the track I think we will see a rider that will be a fans favorite.

Was anything said last night about the visa situation Re Jason?

Yes, someone asked DH whether Jason would be available for the start of the season & he said that UK immigration had said that all riders who were eligible for visas would have them for the start of the season. And he was confident Jason would arrive in the country earlier than he did at the start of last season.

I don't think the Buzz deal is totally dead yet as the rider was very keen to return and Leicester made him an offer when he was over for the dinner dance.

The problem is when he came over last season Leicester were really struggling and trying to avoid the wooden spoon so they gave him a very favourable deal to attract him. However having seen his performances there has got to be some concern about his away performances and his form at Leicester when the track is a bit grippy so have likely offered him what they think he is worth and they can afford.

Its only the sad Birmingham fans saying this, they are just sore because they had a crap run club and it was shut down, for all we no BP probably was not getting paid.

:t::rofl::lol::icon_smile_clown::drink: Not sad sonny boy just glad we are still here and not having to put up with the crap that is the involved in the EL--Pedalo was a nightmare for us just check his scores for us :cry:

• Like 1