British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2015

You have to be joking .

We have got Chris Popple doing the presenting.

King of the cock up's

Awesome ice creams at Leicester as well, first class.

The meeting presentation is pretty good too, I like the rider interviews at the end, even as an away fan.

I'll always visit twice a season minimum.

Awesome ice creams at Leicester as well, first class.

The meeting presentation is pretty good too, I like the rider interviews at the end, even as an away fan.

I'll always visit twice a season minimum.

Stadiums nice as well, just a shame the track is complete pants isn't it.

He tries hard and he openly admits speedway was a sport he knew nothing about when he started, i agree he isn't the best but the Coventry one is worse in my opinion.

Peter York is bloody terrible. We say this every year and every year he keeps his job. His knowledge of the history of the sport is amazing, some obscure rider form the 70s turns up and he'll chat to them about a very specific heat in a meeting and he's great at interviewing the older riders. Anything modern and he gets names wrong and he often make comments where you go, "did he really say that?!"

The track at BP certainly improved as the year went on. With the extra banking and the foot or so they took off the turns it was much better racing the latter part of the season, but they still have a long way to go, to really get the shape right.

I know what I would do to it but DH would pull his hair out by the roots at the tought of doing anything so drastic to his track.

Shame really as it could be the best stadium in the country. It is neet and tidy and one of the best setup's in the country. Lets hope they have had the bulldozers out this winter. And at last make some drastic changes to the shape. Can't see it happening but we can live in hope. With that said though the last few meetings where well worth watching.

Can't see they would get much repeat business with their track especially away fans.

After hearing David Hemsley talk at the Xmas party on Saturday 6th December he has assured us that Leicester Speedway is in a sound financial state for at least the next 5 - 10 years

Peter York is bloody terrible. We say this every year and every year he keeps his job. His knowledge of the history of the sport is amazing, some obscure rider form the 70s turns up and he'll chat to them about a very specific heat in a meeting and he's great at interviewing the older riders. Anything modern and he gets names wrong and he often make comments where you go, "did he really say that?!"

Not as bad as Rob 'Not So Sensible' Sensicall at our stadium. He thinks he knows everything and you can at least guarantee 1 if not 2 cock ups on the centre green every week.

Not as bad as Rob 'Not So Sensible' Sensicall at our stadium. He thinks he knows everything and you can at least guarantee 1 if not 2 cock ups on the centre green every week.

Not by him tho'

No

Oh dear.......so called crap track gets 3 times as many fans attending than so called good track.....what a shocker eh.
  • Like 2

After hearing David Hemsley talk at the Xmas party on Saturday 6th December he has assured us that Leicester Speedway is in a sound financial state for at least the next 5 - 10 years

Glad to hear they are in such good financial health, as i said maybe i should give it a another go, hopefully they can improve the track to make the racing better and make sure they have the right colours on their helmet!

Not looking too good on the team front for Leicester going into the season with one heat leader and a new recruit with not much inbetween.

Hope there is some track changes as it could be a great venue

Could be then if Jason has made a comment in SS then he surely must have put it also to the Lions management, will they listen though, hope so. On the rider front as stated above, it is not looking to good with most top riders already signing for their old clubs.

What we now seem to be left with are the riders that rode for Eastbourne. A few still left drifting about from Birmingham and that is about all that is left

Unless they can manage to bring in some top overseas riders, but how many of them wish to come and ride over here again.

Will be interesting. I do hope they can get the team all sorted out, so they can at least let us know how the team are, before at least the New Year, if not before.