British Speedway Forum

Peterborough V Workington 9/9

Like the meeting against Glasgow, this clash with Workington turned out to be another piece of top class entertainment.

Ulrich Ostergaard pulled off the most incredible moves at times, the likes of which I've never seen before.

I agree with the comments of Panther2006 regarding Ales Dryml, but also thought Adam Roynon was riding a tad over the top too. How lucky was Mason Campton to walk away from the Heat 9 incident, and come back out to win two races in fine style?

Josh Grajczonek should have done better than 5-points, but on the flip side of the coin, Simon Lambert would possibly have scored more had he visibly been not unwell, suffering with some flu like symptoms. But I guess Joe Jacobs more than made up for that.

If the curfew is 10.00pm, why was Heat 13 allowed to commence at 10.07pm, other than in a desperate attempt to get Peterborough all 3-points? A curfew is a curfew, and should be adhered to like it was last week against Plymouth.

Why also does the track have to be graded after every few races, and is a 20-minute (25-minutes last week) interval between meetings really needed, when a curfew is in place? Even allowing for the fence repairs, last nights second meeting could and should have reached its natural climax. The public pay to see riders racing, not tractors doing as many laps as the kevlar clad entertainers, after such a lengthy interval for track preparation.

Well done both teams anyway, you both deserved to get some points from the meeting, and you did.

That doesnt make a lot of sense ..... as Panthers were 2 points to the good they could only loose out by running heat 13 as it happened they scored a 5 -1 it made no difference to the overall points allocation, any heat advantage to Workington would have reduced Panthers league points allocation!

Maybe they just wanted to give the paying public as amny races as possible :neutral:

Like the meeting against Glasgow, this clash with Workington turned out to be another piece of top class entertainment.

Ulrich Ostergaard pulled off the most incredible moves at times, the likes of which I've never seen before.

I agree with the comments of Panther2006 regarding Ales Dryml, but also thought Adam Roynon was riding a tad over the top too. How lucky was Mason Campton to walk away from the Heat 9 incident, and come back out to win two races in fine style?

Josh Grajczonek should have done better than 5-points, but on the flip side of the coin, Simon Lambert would possibly have scored more had he visibly been not unwell, suffering with some flu like symptoms. But I guess Joe Jacobs more than made up for that.

If the curfew is 10.00pm, why was Heat 13 allowed to commence at 10.07pm, other than in a desperate attempt to get Peterborough all 3-points? A curfew is a curfew, and should be adhered to like it was last week against Plymouth.

Why also does the track have to be graded after every few races, and is a 20-minute (25-minutes last week) interval between meetings really needed, when a curfew is in place? Even allowing for the fence repairs, last nights second meeting could and should have reached its natural climax. The public pay to see riders racing, not tractors doing as many laps as the kevlar clad entertainers, after such a lengthy interval for track preparation.

Well done both teams anyway, you both deserved to get some points from the meeting, and you did.

Anyway, curfew aside, which has been flexible before so a curfew is a curfew but not seemingly set in stone at the EoES although I'd imagine that reminders get sent out, the interesting point is that despite the fence repair the second match could have been completed with more urgency.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Us fans are slagged of as "keyboard commandos" and all sorts but how often do we say team changes are crap and they turn out to be? God knows why Peterborough made the changes they did.

We don't always know the full facts though and it's easy to look at the bare bones once the deed is done and say it's crap. As a cost saving exercise I'd say that the changes were perfect,

Edited by Crump99

Another point lost due to the 10pm Curfew!!!

Could be a crucial one this time!

Horton shouldn't worry about the point but attendances. That's 3 meetings not going the distance in recent weeks, no atmosphere and little to cheer.

Track grading is a little odd, in the Glasgow meeting the track was graded for 3 consecutive heats then when there was added time for a rider taking two rides on the trot no grading! FFS we pay to watch bikes racing not tractors!

We don't always know the full facts though and it's easy to look at the bare bones once the deed is done and say it's crap. As a cost saving exercise I'd say that the changes were perfect,

probably income reducing too!

Dilger is surely not costing less than Jacobs though?:/

With you on that one!

Dilger is surely not costing less than Jacobs though?:/

Well he's doing his best not to cost any points money at least (not through effort I hasten to add) but overall those changes must have save a bit epecially if we miss the play-offs!

probably income reducing too!

Looking at it all season I wouldn't have thought significantly so, but two meetings for £20 three times running that's probably a different matter?