British Speedway Forum

Leicester V Swindon 6 Sept

TMW

They have had that kind of attitude most of the season

They have been like that a lot recently. More Rosco, Batchelor and Morris than the whole team. Never seems to be a nice team spirit

Go on...regale us with your tales. If Jackanory makes a come back be sure to put your name forward. ;)

Did Morris, Batchelor and Rosco all turn you down? :drink: No other explanation. :P

• Like 2

Go on...regale us with your tales. If Jackanory makes a come back be sure to put your name forward. ;)

Did Morris, Batchelor and Rosco all turn you down? :drink: No other explanation. :P

Have you not watched any of the recent interviews with them or been to any meetings and seen them in the pits?

Rosco used to be a bit like that when with the bees

Team spirit again?! She is obsessed. I assume shes in the pits at every Swindon meeting as she knows so much about the way we operate

not sure what your personal grudge is all about. if you don't like my posts then don't read or reply to them.

team spirit is very important, ask any rider

Maybe you should attend a meeting instead of just sitting behind a keyboard, that way you may see what other posts who have commented on the same thing see.

Edited by peterpan
  • Like 1

Just got back after seeing a great result for Swindon ...Garbage match on a garbage track that also takes a lifetime to run . Not sure why or how the home fans put up with that every week . Surely it's got to wear off ? it's such a shame as they have a perfect set up for speedway .

Anyhow Swindon who in great form now have to win there last two matches to get into the play offs ,

• Like 1

Just got back after seeing a great result for Swindon ...Garbage match on a garbage track that also takes a lifetime to run . Not sure why or how the home fans put up with that every week . Surely it's got to wear off ? it's such a shame as they have a perfect set up for speedway .

Anyhow Swindon who in great form now have to win there last two matches to get into the play offs ,

Rough night for the Lions, meeting dragged on mainly due to multiple falls, and the associated 're-runs, plus once we lost Bates, and Max severely hampered by what looked like quite a painful dead leg or something had 3 rides in 4 races!!!

The track was ok tonight, some very hard fought first bends which resulted in riders dominoing caused a lot of lost time, and as the night cooled, it got a tad greasy on top due to the track surface leeching moisture out the atmosphere.

Edited by Shale Searcher

I stopped putting up with it several weeks ago. I don't miss it at all. I save my money and get more entertainment from speedway on the telly and the internet. I know several others who have packed up too. It's a shame. A night at the speedway should be unmissable. You should feel gutted to miss a meeting. But it simply isn't like that at Leicester.

Have noticed this too at Swindon. Rossiter and the Robins riders all seem reluctant to have any interaction with the fans. Crowds are down so they need to lighten up a bit. Should look at how the Swindon Ice Hockey team appreciate and acknowledge their supporters.

Really? At Swindon the riders are at the entrance to greet fas as they come in and pose for photos. That's interaction surely?

And my son was buzzing on Thursday after getting interaction from Troy Bachelor and Nathan Greaves from the pits. So it's not so bad surely?

I wish they'd come out into the crowd more after the meeting though. That's always exciting when they do that - especially for kids.

• Like 2

Apparently the racing has been a lot better recently. Sounds like it reverted to type last night sadly. Well done to Max Clegg though.

I stopped putting up with it several weeks ago. I don't miss it at all. I save my money and get more entertainment from speedway on the telly and the internet. I know several others who have packed up too. It's a shame. A night at the speedway should be unmissable. You should feel gutted to miss a meeting. But it simply isn't like that at Leicester.

I have nearly been tempted to give it one last go following the reports of a more acceptable standard of racing recently. Win, lose or draw, speedway needs to be entertaining. Hope the next one's better.

• Like 1

I don't know why there wasn't a proper victory parade - guessing that it was because it was so late, but Rosco, PK, Nathan, Nick & Simon came over to see the Robins fans that were on the first-second bend after the meeting to thank us for coming & pose for a few photos. It was much appreciated by the many Robins fans that were still there.

Great victory on a very poor track, such a shame as set up is so good there & great viewing but all that is really important is the 4 points. Can't wait until tomorrow - bring on the Bees!

• Like 1

All this talk by some Bees fans (probably same person) of the team spirit blah blah blah.

Swindon have the strongest top 5 going into the play offs and Worrall who can match Kerr, Newman and Garrity on the day.

Swindon will win easily tomorrow as regardless of this team spirit cr@p, they produce it on the track.

Swindon by 12pts +

• Like 2

Any Lions fans out there, thinking the same as me that next year will see some big changes with the team.

Hope Jason Doyle comes back again, visa permitting, think Max Clegg will make it if the FTR scheme carries on next year that is.

Not sure about the rest of the team. Mad's went off the boil weeks ago. Josh Bates needs to calm down a bit but he will make a good rider when he does. Simon Stead hasn't done to bad but is missing far to many meeting riding for Shefield.

Not sure if Buzz will ride over here next year and Nicholi is still not over his injuries properly yet.

So there will be a lot of places to fill.

Any Lions fans out there, thinking the same as me that next year will see some big changes with the team.

Hope Jason Doyle comes back again, visa permitting, think Max Clegg will make it if the FTR scheme carries on next year that is.

Not sure about the rest of the team. Mad's went off the boil weeks ago. Josh Bates needs to calm down a bit but he will make a good rider when he does. Simon Stead hasn't done to bad but is missing far to many meeting riding for Shefield.

Not sure if Buzz will ride over here next year and Nicholi is still not over his injuries properly yet.

This year has been a learning experience for Leicester and I think they have had some good meetings.

I'm glad they stepped up and joined the EL

Nice to see the change in Max Clegg throughout the season. Was very good last night

Oh what a bad night for the Lions we not only lost horribly, but we lost most of the team in the process. Simon Stead already out with a shoulder injury. Then Mads with a hip injury, Josh Bates with a shoulder injury after a nasty crash. Nicholi not really on top form.

So it looks like the last two meetings will be made up of anyone they can find to fill the places, not good.

The star of the night was young Max Clegg. He managed to get his highest score for the Lions and it was nice to see that his gatting skills are finally getting better.

All I can say is what a misrable lot the Swindon side are. I spoke to Rosco when he pulled into the car park and all I got from him was a grunt.

Then to top it off at the end of the meeting, he could not be bothered to bring the team out for the after match chat. Bad show from them, hope they fail to win the play off. You don't deserve it being such a misarable bunch. A few nice words cost nothing.

Bad show Rosco.

Why should the away team have to go out after the meeting to go on the mike anyway??.

I think as a weekend track we will have the same problems. We need to change to a week night but that is unfair on the families who have been used to Saturday nights. I know other teams have families but they didn't start on a Saturday and had the choice to go or not. It's like dangling a carrot and taking it away. With so many PL meetings at weekends DU riders are always going to be missing and then there is those that ride in Poland.