British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn, 6th September.

For me Cov are as certain as Poole and the Stars. 6 points clear of 5th with 5 meetings in hand.

Think you could be right about Swindon tho.

Lol - ofc Swindon are there. Can you honestly see Eastie getting 8 points away?? Swindon have another away to come anyway (BV) and even if Coventry win there next week they're still odds-on.

The only thing that could mess up Swindon's chances is the possibility of not completing their fixtures - and same with Coventry for finishing top, and if that happened it would be criminal.

The play-offs are a poor way to decide League Champs anyway without a stupid cut-off date dictating who's in and who isn't. :shock:

Edited by Star Fever

Your earlier post was pretty s#!$$y, as Star Lady says, IF you are a KL supporter you will know the pain of a club closing.

Enjoy what you have got.

Weren't s#!$$y, I said I'll feel sorry for the fans but I won't personally miss the place, can't say fairer than that! You're seeing something that ain't there!!
  • Like 2

Made the decision to go last night, glad I did as it was a really good meeting. When we conceded 3 5-1's and conceded the first TR I couldn't see us getting anything. But Lewis Kerr really excelled especially heat 8 when replacing Lemon to out gate everyone but he led Woodward for 3 3/4 laps before being elbowed out of the way. Bjerre then stepped up to win heats 13 & 15 and Porsing finally stepping up to the mark in heat 14 we grabbed an unlikely point. The guests were frankly useless Lemon no comment, Morley way off the pace and Scotty all huff puff and blown away by Bridger. Hope this is not the last time we see Eastbourne it's quirky, unique and it really is a smart little stadium. Big crowd made for a good atmosphere!

• Like 2

Pleased we got a point from the meeting, and like GB said, with Niels Lambert and Rose we could probably have got even more.

After the shambles at Brandon last Thursday, it could only go one way.

Lets hope this newly discovered attitude continues next Thursday away to Leicester...........

Some people have very short memories. Lynn fans were devastated in 96 when we had no speedway and are now taking pleasure from it happening to someone else. Sorry that's out of order.

thats because trees is a pinhead and you're a speedway fan. he and fellow pinheads are the reason why most fans give the forums a wide birth. noone else gives a rats a##e what he thinks. i was there last night to see a man in his 70's after heart surgery running down the track pushing a very young lad trying to get his machine going during the second half races. he was still on his tractor well after 11 o'clock when we left the car park for our 4 hr journey home. trees may not miss bob,his family,the trackstaff and the s##thole, but speedway will.

• Like 1

As I said earlier, Bridger was the difference. No way would Michelsen have scored 12+1 but still a point from Eastbourne is a great result.

All the best for the future to Eastbourne. Fingers crossed that racing continues for you guys in 2015

our guests stopped a first home defeat last night, your guests cost you 3 pts definately. we got lucky with the compton/sargeant switch aswell, good luck in the monday night nailbiters.

• Like 1

Excuse me gee jay, you've got me all wrong as has SL if that was pointed at me

so me, pantostar, star lady and i would think most others who read your post have all taken you the wrong way have we? perhaps we should all go back and read your post again. the end of the day is you've blessed us all with your opinions which your fully entitled to, so now your getting the views of others back, live with it. i actually will be cheering on kl in the play-offs, but as far i'm concerned ' dutch elm decease rules' :rofl:

Excuse me gee jay, you've got me all wrong as has SL if that was pointed at me!

i forgot to add, the fact i put' trees is a pinhead' might be a clue.

thats because trees is a pinhead and you're a speedway fan. he and fellow pinheads are the reason why most fans give the forums a wide birth. noone else gives a rats a##e what he thinks. i was there last night to see a man in his 70's after heart surgery running down the track pushing a very young lad trying to get his machine going during the second half races. he was still on his tractor well after 11 o'clock when we left the car park for our 4 hr journey home. trees may not miss bob,his family,the trackstaff and the s##thole, but speedway will.

Top post from a SPEEDWAY SUPPORTER! Thank you, gee jay.

Yes go back and read my post cos unless you're BD you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Owwww should I report you gee jay for childish name calling :o

BTW what was the track like last night, was there a foot of material on the outside like the last time Lynn were there? :-)

Right a different perspective on last night.

Due to various personal reasons last night was my first visit to Eastie in 4 years, after being a regular since 1971. No I had not gone "inside"!, work changes and finance!!

Not much had changed.

Saw many familiar faces, the same lady was in the entry booth who I am sure was there when I paid to go in in the 70s'!

Met up with the same faces that I stood with over many years, seen their children grow up, they had seen mine grow up.

Never knew their names, they did not know mine. It did not matter, we just took up where we left off

This is what makes speedway special.

You support your team, obviously, but the tribalism between supporters that is so prevalent in football is not there in speedway. There were a group of 4/5 KL supporters nearby, cheering their team on, exchanging banter and compliments.

As for the meeting, we won and got 2 points, KL rallied in the second half and deserved their point.

Sarjeant was good value for his 8, Kerr looks good, Porshing woke up and made all the difference.

Personally I hope KL go all the way and win outright, obviously to shut up our south coast neighbours, but also to show that "massaging" the rule book does not work.

Finally, the Dugard family have been involved with Eastie for many decades I remember Charlie Dugard watching with a Hawks eye the track staff on a sunday going about their duties. It was his longed for wish that top flight racing came to Arlington.

It did.

BD is not everyones cup of tea, but no one can deny his passion for the sport over the years, how much of his own money he has put into keeping the sport alive in Sussex will not be known.

If last night will be the last time that Speedway bikes will be heard in competition in Sussex, then an era will come to a close.

That will be a very sad moment for us in Sussex, and also for British Speedway in general.

• Like 3

Yes go back and read my post cos unless you're BD you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Owwww should I report you gee jay for childish name calling :o

BTW what was the track like last night, was there a foot of material on the outside like the last time Lynn were there? :-)

go ahead, it will save me reading posts from you in future. and there was a lovely lot of dirt around the fence thats why lewis did so well , he put his back wheel in it instead of crying about it.

• Like 1

It appears Eastbourne might have to do without Cameron Woodward for a time. This is translated off Sportowefaty.pl.

To a dangerous collapse in first gear in Lublin. Only the victim, Cameron Woodward, was taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

The collision occurred on the first lap of the second arc. Cameron Woodward rode on the third position against Maksimem Bogdanowem. Of Livonia, which brought slightly out of balance, and also Australian, he lost control of the motorcycle-a moment later he fall. The judge decided to exclude from the Player Lokomotivu Daugavpils, however it was at this point the most important thing.

On the track left the ambulance and took Some to the hospital. As the announcer gave the competition, Woodward will most likely broke his leg.