British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn, 6th September.

Good response from the Coventry match, three more poor guest performances unfortunately which has cost us. Stick Iversen, Lambert & Rose in there and it would have been a very comfortable 4 points. I don't doubt Nicholls' effort but hopefully we won't have to call on his services again this season.

Swindon now look in pole position for 4th.

• Like 1

Well that was a welcome point.Never expected that with the guests we had.

As Gordon Bennett said Lynn no doubt would have taken the win if NKI,Lambert and Rose were available.But those are the breaks I suppose.

Shame all our problems have come at the business end of the season :sad:

• Like 1

Good response from the Coventry match, three more poor guest performances unfortunately which has cost us. Stick Iversen, Lambert & Rose in there and it would have been a very comfortable 4 points. I don't doubt Nicholls' effort but hopefully we won't have to call on his services again this season.

Swindon now look in pole position for 4th.

Yes good performance tonight no thanks to the guests though...dear oh dear :angry:

With Poole losing a home point this week and Lynn gaining one away there might still be a chance we hold on to top spot :unsure:

As I said earlier, Bridger was the difference. No way would Michelsen have scored 12+1 but still a point from Eastbourne is a great result.

All the best for the future to Eastbourne. Fingers crossed that racing continues for you guys in 2015

• Like 2

I agree, Swindon are my tip for fourth as I said on another thread a few days ago but I would think coventry will be top on current form, alot depends on mondays matches

I think Coventry may have been top but think the fact they may not get to fit in 2 off their meetings before cut off point will go against them

I agree, Swindon are my tip for fourth as I said on another thread a few days ago but I would think coventry will be top on current form, alot depends on mondays matches

For me Cov are as certain as Poole and the Stars. 6 points clear of 5th with 5 meetings in hand.

Think you could be right about Swindon tho.

Can't help but feel we threw away that extra point tonight. We now need 2 maybe 3 away wins from Wolves, Poole, 2x Coventry and 2x Belle Vue. Swindle result tonight was massive for them. Can we end our 2 1/2 year wait for an away win.... Maybe 1 but I can't see 2 or 3 in there. LB tonight provided more entertainment in his 5 rides than many whole meetings at Arlo this year! EB have missed him these last 2 years!

Edited by MrB

Can't help but feel we threw away that extra point tonight. We now need 2 maybe 3 away wins from Wolves, Poole, 2x Coventry and 2x Belle Vue. Swindle result tonight was massive for them. Can we end our 2 1/2 year wait for an away win.... Maybe 1 but I can't see 2 or 3 in there. LB tonight provided more entertainment in his 5 rides than many whole meetings at Arlo this year! EB have missed him these last 2 years!

If you manage to have newman as guest at wolves you should win there !
  • Like 1