British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn, 6th September.

I shall miss Eastbourne if they go. At least if the racing is crap you can always moan at Bob doctoring the track .then there was the notorious 75-0'which has gone down in folklore. A night I probably remember far more than many mediocre meetings. Then there was my first sight of the innovative egg shaped track which has never been surpassed ;) if it goes I'll have no reason to visit gods waiting room and I do enjoy a stroll along the prom to the bandstand for a bit of music.

I hope someone like Buster takes it over and can build the place up but if not thanks for the memories.

Good to hear some nice comments.

Sure Eastbourne has gone a bit downhill over recent years although I believe the new silencers have affected bikes on our track and also the air fence takes up so much room on a tight track.

I hope people remember the likes of Adam Shields riding the boards and Martin Dugard coming from the back after a rare bad gate rather than the regular FTG racing.

As for taking a pop at a team that could be on the way out, I don't get that. I certainly took no pleasure from the demise of Oxford, Reading and Birmingham, I think there could be others on the way out as well as Eastie so it could be a small Elite League next year.

As for this match, I just hope we get all the points and hope for something from the two Belle Vue matches and Wolves..

Come on Eastie

• Like 1

What a nice post!! British speedway can not afford to lose any further clubs, Birmingham already this season, now probably Eastbourne. With so called "supporters" like you around, jeez!No doubt you think you are doing your bit by paying your entrance fee.BD, who you say "you won't miss" has been forking out £200 k a year, or more, out of his own pocket for the past few years.Who do you think British Speedway will miss more?Him or you?I'll give you a clue, it won't be you!

:-)

Compton has withdrawn from Poole meeting tonight so looks like Eastbourne may need to find another guest

trouble is geer is quoted as saying compton was the best available, anybody with a joe screen+ size set of kevlars?

Nicholls,Lemon & Morley in for NKI,R.Lambert and S.Lambert makes another loss for Lynn I think.As I have said before NKI is irreplaceable in this league.

Plus Bridger for Michelsen makes Eastbourne slightly stronger imo as Bridger is riding very well at the moment.

hope your'e right, i agree about bridger.

Like Rob's fighting talk in the EDP today, we can't possibly have as much bad luck at Eastie as we did at Coventry!

Good luck to the team, would be great to eek a win!

Should be there to support the Stars but couldn't put myself through the sheer frustration of BDs track prep! lol

Edited by Trees

how can kl have a pl guest for robert lambert, surely it should be a nl guest, as he is not on international duty, just an open individual in germany, maybe as kl protested over coventry using luke priest the other day then eatbourne should do the same here

I'll happily take a guest for Robert, but I did wonder why we were allowed a guest?

So this could be the 2nd time this week that King's Lynn are beaten by a team with only one reserve.

This draft is getting silly now, makes a joke of it when you can have teams with riders that are 2nd & 3rd on the draft who have to go without

Also how are King's Lynn allowed a guest for a rider who's riding in Germany? Maybe eastbourne need to protest against it as we all know how much Rob and some of his King's Lynn riders love a good protest

Surely its the standard sub-six point PL guest as opposed to a proper guest or R/R? So perfectly within the rules.

The snidey comments about protests are silly and childish, Priest was an illegal guest full stop.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

Surely its the standard sub-six point PL guest as opposed to a proper guest or R/R? So perfectly within the rules.

The snidey ccomments about protests are silly and childish, Priest was an illegal guest full stop.

Agreed, cheatings cheating, no matter how its done, and Lynn were well within there right, and people saying let Priest ride and just take the points off, he could of got in the lead, block the Lynn riders, and then mean that Lynn would lose out on more points, so the right thing was done, end off, move on.

• Like 4

The snidey ccomments about protests are silly and childish, Priest was an illegal guest full stop.

Couldn't agree more!

This was going to be tough for us tonight in the first place but with Bridger coming in as guest for Eastbourne makes it doubly difficult.

Michelsen is good round Eastbourne but Bridger definitely makes them stronger

Edited by screamer