British Speedway Forum

Lakeside Vs Poole 1st Sept (sky Meeting)

If the track was good enough for heat 7 (which it clearly was not), it's good enough for heat 11. It's not like it's gotten any worse, surely?

Another disaster for British Speedway - it seems something of a regular occurence, sadly.

• Like 2

If the track was good enough for heat 7 (which it clearly was not), it's good enough for heat 11. It's not like it's gotten any worse, surely?

Another disaster for British Speedway - it seems something of a regular occurence, sadly.

Precedent set at Belle Vue last year.

But like you say too many farces year after year.

• Like 1

Completely agree SCB. Belle Vue last season Poole needed to win to get in the playoffs the track was shocking but the meeting went on and as Poole were winning there was no moaning from Middlo and the Poole mafia then.

Now they are whining as they are getting outclassed if this meeting was closer or if Poole were ahead there would be silence.

I don't think Middlo is moaning he was happy to accept any decision.what it tells me is stay away if you think there is going to be rain you are Definately going to get ripped off one way or another.
  • Like 2

What a joke. 4 riders ready to race and the heat is cancelled.

RIP British Speedway.

Totally agree . It should have been called off after Heat 6 or continued to Heat 15. If Lakeside were behind they would have insisted that it was called off and not bothered to use the sawdust.No consideration to the fans or the riders safety.

• Like 1

What bullrubbish that was. If that was unfit to ride then it shouldn't have been restarted.

Clearly Lakeside decided they wanted it off once the dreaded 10 heats had been reached and they had maximum points.

It's time that rule was scrapped.

Disgusting display. They should not have been allowed to call it off at that stage.

• Like 1

I'm more annoyed with that than I was with the Belle Vue meeting last season, total disregard for the paying public tonight, disgusting behaviour from the people responsible for that decision.

I've followed this sport since 1967 and I have just about reached breaking point with it, I'd definitely be having words with someone at Lakeside if I'd shelled out any of my hard earned there tonight, disgusting.

• Like 1