British Speedway Forum

Just back from the WSRA lunch in Norwich. The general concensus from people who think they are "in the know" is that it'll be a two year ban with one year suspended.

But how much they are really "in the know" I have no idea....

So what is the difference between a two year ban with one year suspended and just a one year ban?

Well I won't be at Poole and am not a Darcy or Poole fan but he is an exciting rider that is indisputable just not a nice person :)

I like watching Russians personally a

Really, male or female !! :o

It's not a joke, it's a fact. Well worth repeating.

What the joke, or another 100 pages, of idiotic posts ?

• Like 1

So what is the difference between a two year ban with one year suspended and just a one year ban?

To a reformed character who will keep his nose clean .... absolutely no difference at all.

They would just serve one year.

But to a guy like Darcy Ward who has such a high chance of cocking things up again.

He'll end up serving two years.

• Like 5

It means he serves a one year ban and then is allowed back to race. If he offends again during the second year he will then have to serve the second year ban immediately as well as any extra punishment he might receive. If he doesn't offend again during the second year, the second year punishment is expunged.

It means he serves a one year ban and then is allowed back to race. If he offends again during the second year he will then have to serve the second year ban immediately as well as any extra punishment he might receive. If he doesn't offend again during the second year, the second year punishment is expunged.

It is more probable that the ban would be for two years suspended for one. meaning he gets to ride next year but any other offense being committed would immediately trip the two year ban plus any additional punishment for the new offense. Remember he has allready been punished / serving the current ban so this may be taken into consideration also. Frankly I think a one year ban suspended for two years is more suitable.

Edited by 1 valve

It is more probable that the ban would be for two years suspended for one. meaning he gets to ride next year but any other offense being committed would immediately trip the two year ban plus any additional punishment for the new offense. Remember he has allready been punished / serving the current ban so this may be taken into consideration also. Frankly I think a one year ban suspended for two years is more suitable.

Don't see how it can be a one year ban suspended for 2 years, when he's already been suspended since August??!!

That could open up a whole new can of (legal?) worms!!

Don't see how it can be a one year ban suspended for 2 years, when he's already been suspended since August??!!

That could open up a whole new can of (legal?) worms!!

No, I don't think the tribunal would take that option, it would not be sensible at all.

Being realistic if the tribunal find him guilty then a certain period of ban will be given, that is what the seriousness of the charge would dictate as a minimum.

That ban would start from the date he was suspended. That is always the case.

It is the length of ban that is really up for question; just the time he has already served, six months, twelve months, whatever.

And any period for which part of a longer ban may be suspended just to act as a threat to keep the guy on the straight and narrow.

A two year ban, with one year suspended for two years would be my feeling of justice.

• Like 3

At least this will then hopefully put a lid on it. Decent ban would at least keep him out the Poole team for 2015 ;)

Interesting that not all the Poole sponsors feel the same way!! and more importantly neither does MF according to his comments in the local paper last week!!

Interesting that not all the Poole sponsors feel the same way!! and more importantly neither does MF according to his comments in the local paper last week!!

Everyone has a choice, We dont all think the sun shines out Wards backside !!!! MF did say this as per when he said it was his last chance after the last Ward incident. Some of us have morals and a side with Ward in wont be supported by me 2015, but 2016 if he keeps his nose clean as i said before and proves himself.

• Like 6

I see Neil Middleditch has given another stunning interview in the "star" today about Mr Ward-slagging off the FIM mercilessly but in my opinion the best bit is and I quote

" If heaven forbid they give him a year ban, even dating back to when the offence was committed,we`re into August next year. That`s the season done We need to know what`s happening "

A year ban-the end of the world-unbelievable. Tough s**t I say !!

• Like 7

I see Neil Middleditch has given another stunning interview in the "star" today about Mr Ward-slagging off the FIM mercilessly but in my opinion the best bit is and I quote

" If heaven forbid they give him a year ban, even dating back to when the offence was committed,we`re into August next year. That`s the season done We need to know what`s happening "

Surely let him off as the most xciting rider in the world and he has promised to be a good boy :rofl:

• Like 1

Proves yet again that Middleditch can see no further than the Dorset border and stuff the wider world of speedway. Maybe he dislikes the FIM because they cannot be manulated as easily as the BSPA.