British Speedway Forum

And your proof of this is???????????

RP

I'll see if I can find it. It was either during a GP or SEC event. I think it was the same weekend as one of the Polish semi-finals,

He have deleted the tweet now, it was posted on September 14th and it was in a Polish meeting and not SGP/SEC.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I presume he has seen darcy's twitter feed?

Do you follow darcy on twitter, snd if so are u denying it is true?

No I don't do Twitter at all...........I have enough trouble with Facebook............yes he likes a drink tell me a young man who doesn't...........but that does not mean I agree with what he did..........because I don't........as for what the FIM do about who knows they are a law unto themselves like most major organisations............

RP

Alcohol is a banned substance on the FIA banned substance list, not sure of the amount that is allowed but it is very low,far lower than the drink driving level.

So he knew he was in the wrong. It would have made more sense to have withdrawn from the meeting than turning up and make himself look what he is.

As have Woffy, Holder, Hancock, AJ and no doubt many others!!

Hancock has stated on Sky that he only drinks out of season - and I presume that Woffy and Holder are the same. Greg and Tai are very keen on fitness regimes - eating the right food and exercising.

Ward has either been very good or very bad at gating in a GP meeting... I've since been wondering if he's better at gating when he's sober or not...

Hancock has stated on Sky that he only drinks out of season - and I presume that Woffy and Holder are the same.

Greg and Tai are very keen on fitness regimes - eating the right food and exercising.

Ward has either been very good or very bad at gating in a GP meeting... I've since been wondering if he's better at gating when he's sober or not...

I don't think anyone doubts that and that is (partially) why those three are all world champions.

However the discussion was about public slamming of Nicki/other riders.

You miss the point. From the rule/legal point of view Darcy was riding under the influence from the moment that he arrived at the track.

Regardless if he was standing in the pit area or out on the track on a bike, he was considered being under the influence of alcohol

in conjunction with a meeting.

The competition starts when Darcy arrives at the track and ends when he leaves the track. So from the moment that he arrived at the track,

he was considered being under the influence of alcohol "In competition" and thus should receive a punishment for that.

Let's hope they don't start testing the top 3 after a GP then Champagne and alcohol tests wouldn't be an ideal end to the evenings proceedings.

I think the tests for alcohol would be BEFORE the meeting - like when Darcy was caught.

But the post I quoted says you are signed in for the meeting till you leave. So say riders are picked for a test after the meeting as in other sports and say the winner is chosen and has had a swig or 2 of champagne they could possibly have alcohol detected in their system.

But the post I quoted says you are signed in for the meeting till you leave. So say riders are picked for a test after the meeting as in other sports and say the winner is chosen and has had a swig or 2 of champagne they could possibly have alcohol detected in their system.

"as in other sports" is the critical part of your post.In other sports are the people a few hours in a methanol atmosphere?I'd say it is without the Champers a pretty pointless exercise.You should, as happens test before a meeting.Doesn't matter if someone has a swig after the meeting and doesn't matter if Ben Barker gets pissed whilst watching the meeting at Cardiff

Keep it real though, it wasnt the Narnia GP.
  • Like 2

"as in other sports" is the critical part of your post.In other sports are the people a few hours in a methanol atmosphere?I'd say it is without the Champers a pretty pointless exercise.You should, as happens test before a meeting.Doesn't matter if someone has a swig after the meeting and doesn't matter if Ben Barker gets pissed whilst watching the meeting at Cardiff

Dudek wasn't tested til after the meeting in Poland!!

BTW, who's Ben Barker???

JUST come back from a 'talk-in' with over 100 TravelPlus punters in Torun during which they were asked to raise their hands if they wished to see Ward get a wild card (if possible) and it was almost a unanimous yes vote.

I would also point out that Pete Adams went against the grain and said he felt Ward needed a significant punishment before being allowed back into the SGP.

Nothing scientific but it was interesting that those who pay to go and watch were far more forgiving.

It depends on the wording of the question. Do I want to pay to watch Ward? Probably. Do I think Ward should be in the GP series? Yes. Do I think he should be banned for turning up to a GP over the limit? Yes.

I like watching Ward, he's what I pay for. But that doesn't mean I don't think there should be no fair justice and so he should be banned. And I'm with Pete Adams, any ban should/could be for his own good too. Great speedway rider but he's off the rails and need putting back on them or by the time he's in his 30s he'll have been in prison and thrown away what could be a damn good career. so yes out him back in the GP series if you're happy to see him for 2 or 3 years before he's gone for good. Or take him out for a year and then possibly have 20 more years of him doing what he does best.