British Speedway Forum

Here is what the "STATUTES AND BY-LAWS FINANCIAL REGULATIONS SPORTING CODE DISCIPLINARY AND ARBITRATION CODE" says about the CDI:

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/6501099_eng-..pdf

3.3 THE INTERNATIONAL DISCIPLINARY COURT (CDI)
3.3.1 Composition
For each case, the CDI is made up of 1 or 3 members appointed by the Director
of the International Commission of Judges (according to Article 3.2.3).
The Court may request the opinion of an expert or examine a witness whom it
considers useful.
3.3.2 Competence
The CDI will hear any appeals against decisions taken by an International Jury,
the Race Direction or the Referee or, in the case of an International Meeting, by
a FMNR following an appeal in first instance.
The CDI adjudicates in first instance upon request of the International Jury, the
Race Direction or the Referee or competent bodies.
After a meeting, the President of the FIM, the Executive Board or the Board
of Directors may, within 5 days, refer to the CDI all matters of violation or
infringement to the FIM regulations, pursuant to Article 3.3.2, last paragraph.
Violation or non-observance of FIM rules and regulations are referred in first
instance to the CDI by the more diligent party.

The only people i feel sorry for are Wards parents.They spent a lot of time and money in supporting his career in the early days.I met darcy's dad in Denmark on his first visit to Europe and the trip had cost a good whack.Now to add further to the trouble of going through a break-up,they have their son letting them down big time yet again.

• Like 2

The only people i feel sorry for are Wards parents.They spent a lot of time and money in supporting his career in the early days.I met darcy's dad in Denmark on his first visit to Europe and the trip had cost a good whack.Now to add further to the trouble of going through a break-up,they have their son letting them down big time yet again.

Darcy's father is over here (or in Poland) now!!

SORRY been out all day so only just catching up. I am pretty certain that in the case of Stefan Danno he was taken to a police station where a blood sample was taken.

This wasn't the case with Ward in Daugavpils.

I imagine that at the FIM International Disciplinary Court he will be allowed to attend and have legal representation. That's where the fireworks could begin...

Philip, any inside knowledge of when the hearing is likely to be??

Mr. Middleditch says :-

"Hes a grown man and should know what he cant do. He knows the rules and now hes being punished for it. I dont know how far over (the alcohol limit) he was but he was. Thats the bottom line."

You and Mr. Ford also know the rules and have known this for nearly two weeks now. As you say, it doesn't matter how far over the limit he was, the fact is he was, end of. He is a disgrace to Poole and Speedway and the management (You) should have sacked him and then you would have had two weeks to find a replacement for him.

Sorry, Mr Middleditch, you have gone down in my eyes.

• Like 1

Im devastated that the title race could slip away from us now. Were not throwing in the towel and will keep fighting but our options are limited.

I feel sick to my stomach. I feel so disappointed in his (Wards) actions. He has been in enough trouble in the past and should have learned his lesson by now.

Hes let me down personally and hes let down the club, the supporters and himself. He could potentially have been world champion this year and now that he has lost that opportunity.

Hes a grown man and should know what he cant do. He knows the rules and now hes being punished for it. I dont know how far over (the alcohol limit) he was but he was. Thats the bottom line.

Its a crying shame because the kid is one of the best talents I can remember seeing on a bike but dare I say it, hes wasting it.

Blimey, that is a bit different from what he said at the time.

Well said anyway, just a shame the first reaction was to defend him because of having bad news the day before

As I said previously, they have had 2 weeks to replace him because they should have got rid of him anyway

Mr. Middleditch says :-

"Hes a grown man and should know what he cant do. He knows the rules and now hes being punished for it. I dont know how far over (the alcohol limit) he was but he was. Thats the bottom line."

You and Mr. Ford also know the rules and have known this for nearly two weeks now. As you say, it doesn't matter how far over the limit he was, the fact is he was, end of. He is a disgrace to Poole and Speedway and the management (You) should have sacked him and then you would have had two weeks to find a replacement for him.

Sorry, Mr Middleditch, you have gone down in my eyes.

But the punishment according to FIM rules could have been a fine and reprimand with no ban!!!

Aside from maybe being seen to make a point, they would have looked a little silly if they'd sacked him and then the FIM hadn't banned him. Any promoter would think twice about replacing a rider with the 2nd highest EL average from Monday.

I thought Emil was a coventry asset, didnt he ride for them a couple of seasons ago, remember him at birmingham and he was fantastic.

He didn't ride enough meetings which is why he's still on assessed 8 points!!

• Like 1

And tbf to ford here, if people quoted fully what he said, he made specific reference to the fact that because of the delay with the decision, he would be unable to replace him as the deadline had passed.

Not sure what people want him to say, obviously he diesnt want ward banned.

Im sure the aces fans and management didnt complain when shaun moran colped an alcohol related ban from fim events only (I.e. was still allowed to ride british league). Or again the following year when he failed a drugs test due to psinkillers.

I detest fords cheating as much as anyone, but in this instance I think he is just stating what any manager would be thinking.

Possible, but as skidder mentioned there has been no rrcent activity on his offial page . And its a pretty innocuous comment anyway?

I think you are spot on in your comments

But the punishment according to FIM rules could have been a fine and reprimand with no ban!!!

Aside from maybe being seen to make a point, they would have looked a little silly if they'd sacked him and then the FIM hadn't banned him. Any promoter would think twice about replacing a rider with the 2nd highest EL average from Monday.

He didn't ride enough meetings which is why he's still on assessed 8 points!!

he hasn't been banned yet. he's been suspended pending the decision.

• Like 1

DESOLATE team boss Neil Middleditch was unsparing in his criticism of Poole Pirates captain Darcy Ward who was today suspended indefinitely from all speedway.

The Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) issued Ward with a blanket ban some 11 days after his failed alcohol test prior to the Latvian Grand Prix.

Ward's case has been referred to the FIMs International Disciplinary Court with the Australian star unable to compete before they reach their verdict. There has been no indication as to how long that could take.

Middleditch pulled no punches over his talismans actions and also launched a scathing attack on the FIM after their delayed decision over Ward left Pirates no time to find a suitable replacement.

Pooles team manager revealed that promoter Matt Ford had exhausted all suitable options in his quest to replace Ward before the Elite League deadline for re-declared teams passes at midnight.

Pirates will now have to manage with guests as they seek to successfully defend their top flight crown, a prospect Middleditch insists should have been avoided.

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Echo, Middleditch said: I dont condone Darcys actions at all and he needs to be punished but their (the FIMs) handling of the case has been diabolical and very amateurish.

If they were going to suspend him they should have done so straight away which would have given us the chance to get something in place.

Were in the business of trying to win the league and this is a massive blow to us. You just cant replace someone like Darcy Ward, its not that simple.

Im devastated that the title race could slip away from us now. Were not throwing in the towel and will keep fighting but our options are limited.

I feel sick to my stomach. I feel so disappointed in his (Wards) actions. He has been in enough trouble in the past and should have learned his lesson by now.

Hes let me down personally and hes let down the club, the supporters and himself. He could potentially have been world champion this year and now that he has lost that opportunity.

Hes a grown man and should know what he cant do. He knows the rules and now hes being punished for it. I dont know how far over (the alcohol limit) he was but he was. Thats the bottom line.

Its a crying shame because the kid is one of the best talents I can remember seeing on a bike but dare I say it, hes wasting it.

On Pooles next step, Middleditch added: I think were looking at guests. The riders we wanted were not available, didnt want to do it or were focused on the Grand Prix as their main goal."

Agree with Middlo's comments.. :t:

Darcy has been out of order and should be banned, however the FIM should have done this immediately (not today, nearly two weeks later)..

Who knows whether Poole would have got a suitable replacement, but there's little chance to sort anything at such short notice with the deadline imminent.

No one wants to see even more guests.. :nono:

If Poole had done the right thing when this happened and sacked Darcy when it happened they would have had a replacement by now. They didnt and now they pay the price for that. Nobody to blame but Darcy Ward and Matt Ford simple. I do love hearing Ford moan though lol toys out of pram is so funny!

• Like 1

If Poole had done the right thing when this happened and sacked Darcy when it happened they would have had a replacement by now. They didnt and now they pay the price for that. Nobody to blame but Darcy Ward and Matt Ford simple. I do love hearing Ford moan though lol toys out of pram is so funny!

Agreed, I suggested he did that shortly after the 'incident' - it would have been good PR for Poole too...

What would MF have lost, I doubt Darcy is likely to ride England next year anyway...

You are right about guests, yerropes. I am watching Swindon v Hammers on Bet365 and the Hammers have four guests. Watt fell on the first bend of the first race and he is out for the night. After heat 7 the "Hammers" have scored 16 points but only 3 by their riders. Speedway is a complete joke anyway and then we have riders who seem to think they can have a few beers as well.

I agree that this has taken far too long to be sorted, however I can only assume that the Poole management believed that Darcy would get away with no ban (cant see why myself) as they obviously felt no replacement would be needed.

It just goes to show how high their opinion of themselves really is!!!

It was plain stupid not to plan a replacement and 'what goes around....'

• Like 2

Is that really your question, or do you mean "Is it procedure to take a blood sample if riders fail a BREATH test, a subsequent properly taken blood test would quickly either clear or determine a riders intoxication"

If so, maybe that's why you haven't had an answer?

The same question, correctly phrased, has been asked at least four times on this thread without response.

I cannot believe Matt Ford, who let's face it is always ahead of the game when it comes to replacing riders, didn't have a back up plan.

I have no idea what was going thro the heads of Poole's management but maybe they thought, as did a more than a few on here, that Monster might be attempting to pull some strings. Given that Poole have had quite some success in this department over the years domestically they thought Darcy was home and dry. Really cannot believe otherwise, Ford is far too cute for that.

• Like 3

Getting away from the punishment debate for a moment I thought I'd look up the possible effects of the alcohol content found in Darcy's blood (breath) test.

The following is only a Wikipedia entry so take it as you wish, but if correct then you can see why a rider would be stopped from racing.

Progressive effects of alcohol[2] BAC (% by vol.) Behavior Impairment 0.010–0.029

• Average individual appears normal
  • Subtle effects that can be detected with special tests

0.030–0.059

• Mild euphoria
  • Relaxation
  • Joyousness
  • Talkativeness
  • Decreased inhibition
  • Concentration

0.06–0.09

• Reasoning
  • Depth perception
  • Peripheral vision
  • Glare recovery

0.10–0.19

• Over-expression
  • Emotional swings
  • Anger or sadness
  • Boisterousness
  • Decreased libido
  • Reflexes
  • Reaction time
  • Gross motor control
  • Staggering
  • Slurred speech
  • Temporary erectile dysfunction
  • Possibility of temporary alcohol poisoning

(The blue bits are Wikipedia's not mine!!!)

It is also worth mentioning that 0.10/L means a motoring offence in virtually all countries that have limits.

Edited by lastword