British Speedway Forum

I WOULD wager a bet that the majority would like to see him back in as long as he stays on the straight and narrow. Tai Woffinden didn't qualify and he won the World title. Could Ward do the same in 2016?

So, a wager it is!

How do we go about getting some sort of mutually agreed method of judging who is the winner, though?

If BSI go ahead with giving him a series wildcard for 2016..

Can I suggest a charity vote is organised in the 'Worlds Leading Speedway Magazine'.

Charge say £1 a vote on the Question "Do you think it is outrageous that DW has been given a wildcard?" Yes or No?

With all profits going to Tai's Charity fund.

Winners all round.

And a bit of winter fun !

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4

I'd accept the compromise he gets the wildcard for the GP qualifier later this season. Certainly not a GP wildcard. The reason he missed the qualifiers is because he was banned, not unlucky or injured.

That seems like a fair compromise if there is a place available in the GP Qualifier. Otherwise see you in 2017 Ward.

I think he will be in and have no problem with it. If he doesn't get a wild card he will effectively have had a 3 year ban from GPS. Yes his own fault. But a much heftier penalty than the likes of Moran,Correy and others had for failing alcohol tests, or the likes of Moran or Havelock for failing drugs tests.

The only risk I see to ward getting a wildcard would be if holder finished 9th this season.

So, a wager it is!

How do we go about getting some sort of mutually agreed method of judging who is the winner, though?

If BSI go ahead with giving him a series wildcard for 2016..

Can I suggest a charity vote is organised in the 'Worlds Leading Speedway Magazine'.

Charge say £1 a vote on the Question "Do you think it is outrageous that DW has been given a wildcard?" Yes or No?

With all profits going to Tai's Charity fund.

Winners all round.

And a bit of winter fun !

WORTH thinking about

I think he will be in and have no problem with it. If he doesn't get a wild card he will effectively have had a 3 year ban from GPS. Yes his own fault. But a much heftier penalty than the likes of Moran,Correy and others had for failing alcohol tests, or the likes of Moran or Havelock for failing drugs tests.

The only risk I see to ward getting a wildcard would be if holder finished 9th this season.

OR if there were already three Aussies in the top eight...

IF Ward gets a wild card for 2016 it will not be down to him, so he can't get slated for that!

I quite agree - HE can't.

But those who reward him for his bad behaviour can - and should be.

• Like 1

Hardly being rewarded for bad behaviour, he'd be being rewarded for being in the top couple of riders outside those who had filled the 11 qualifying spots.

It's not rewarding bad behaviour but at the same time it's like saying don't worry you'll get a wild card if you screw up and misses out on top 8.

It's the same kind of "kissing up" to him that we've seen of his entire career so far. Apologist saying "it was just a mistake" or "he's just a kid" and etc.

I don't think that kind of "support" will do him any good, I think that if he have to work for it, rather then it being handed to him on a silver plate,

he might actually value it more and thus be less prone to screw up (or maybe not).

Then if he is such a good rider (which he is), surely he will not have any problems qualifying via the GP-qualifiers?

• Like 6

I don't agree he should get a wild card for next years series, bit harsh that he wouldn't be back until 2017, but thats the nature of the qualifying system.

Having said that I think it will be a "monster" surprise if he isn't handed a wildcard for next year.

I suppose a lot will depend on the nationalities of the 11 who qualify by right.

It's not rewarding bad behaviour but at the same time it's like saying don't worry you'll get a wild card if you screw up and misses out on top 8.

It's the same kind of "kissing up" to him that we've seen of his entire career so far. Apologist saying "it was just a mistake" or "he's just a kid" and etc.

I don't think that kind of "support" will do him any good, I think that if he have to work for it, rather then it being handed to him on a silver plate,

he might actually value it more and thus be less prone to screw up (or maybe not).

Then if he is such a good rider (which he is), surely he will not have any problems qualifying via the GP-qualifiers?

Like Emil then ?common sense would be to have both in it Woffinden,Ward,Emil (no order) are the best three riders in the world in my opinion.

If you are right sidney - it will be a disgrace.

Why WK? surely speedway wants its premier prize to have the best riders in it.?