British Speedway Forum

Darcy who? Why don't you find a suitable thread to post that on and not spoil this one! ;)

Exactly. I've trawled all though the riders competing in the 1963 Southern-League-that-wasn't-a-league and can't find the name of a Darcy at all. :P

I wish people would stop going off topic, and we can get back to discussing the relative strengths of the second tier over time. :t:

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Exactly. I've trawled all though the riders competing in the 1963 Southern-League-that-wasn't-a-league and can't find the name of a Darcy at all. :P

I wish people would stop going off topic, and we can get back to discussing the relative strengths of the second tier over time. :t:

All the best

Rob

Someone could write a book on that very subject- if only we knew someone with the required knowledge on the hole topic ;)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 3

Perhaps they could have a team of Mortons....

Sadly, after all the years that Wal Morton devoted to the sport, when he died he was virtually "a forgotten man." When he passed away aged 84 years, Wal was buried in an unmarked grave.

Sadly, after all the years that Wal Morton devoted to the sport, when he died he was virtually "a forgotten man." When he passed away aged 84 years, Wal was buried in an unmarked grave.

Thankfully this is not the case any more as others chipped in to provide a tribute.

http://www.freewebs.com/customhousekid/pressarticles.htm

So a little happier ending, after all.

Edited by Grand Central

6363 posts later you are all sadly banging on about the same thing...

• Like 1

"Can I call matron to help you back to your room?"

Poor old sod, here we are talking about a gravestone for a former rider who died in 1995, totally off topic.

And this poor deluded one can't see it.

"Don't worry Jerran Hart will be here to see you at visiting time.

Have a nap until he gets here."

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Thankfully this is not the case any more as others chipped in to provide a tribute.

Good to see GC. :t:

May Wal R.I.P. +

Which is what exactly?

The agenda we are debating is to compare the relative strength of various league competitions over many years.

That's an interesting tribute article about Wal Morton, it appears to be from the 'South London Press'.

The agenda we are debating is to compare the relative strength of various league competitions over many years.

Which of course is vastly different to the start of this thread, so as usual thicko is talking nonsense.

That's an interesting tribute article about Wal Morton, it appears to be from the 'South London Press'.

Do you know anyone who has written for the South London Press by any chance?