British Speedway Forum

What are you talking about?

You will have to explain how booze is 'legal' and silence tampering isn't. I can only assume you are saying that drinking alcohol is 'legal' by the law of the land, but silence tampering is 'illegal' by the rules of speedway... Rather pathetic argument that!

There are no 'blurred' boundaries at all. It doesn't matter what has been 'suggested'. For him to have failed the test he must have consumed a significant amount of alcohol... Facts win out over suggestions.

I have fully explained my argument, have another look!

• Like 2

No, you've spouted some rubbish, there is no 'argument' in there.

In what context is 'booze' legal and silence tampering illegal?

The rest of your post is simply full of irrelevant speculation.

In the context anyone, over the age limit, can legally buy booze, to use a tampered silencer in speedway, illegal. To use dope, hashish whatever name you call it, is illegal, in most countries, whether while riding speedway under the influence or a social user. I rest my case!

You are aware that the "doping" infringement dudek committed wasnt of the funny cigarette type, and is actually a legal substance?

Yoyr argument is a bit like saying someone who is licensed to carry a gun and commits an offence with it is not as bad as someone who used illegal brass knuckles to commit the same offence.

Bit silly to allow that as if he gets banned for the rest of the season and is the reason his team wins tonight it's a tad unfair to the opposition.

o.[/sup][/size]

Disagree, given that is the final match of the "league" season. If it was a performance enhancing substance he had tested positive for id agree, or if there were sides he hadnt raced against twice, but as it is dont see how their opposition can feel disadvantaged?
  • Like 1

In the context anyone, over the age limit, can legally buy booze, to use a tampered silencer in speedway, illegal. To use dope, hashish whatever name you call it, is illegal, in most countries, whether while riding speedway under the influence or a social user. I rest my case!

I could go out and buy a silencer and sit in my garage doing whatever I like to it, I could drill the inside of it out, why I could pepper the whole thing full of holes if I like. Nothing illegal in that

I could, if I liked, get totally drunk while doing it, down a case or two of beer and have a really nice time, nothing illegal there.

Now the bit that seems to escaped your senile mind is the minute I attempt to do either of those things, to whatever small degree, whilst participating in a sport whose rules expressly forbid it I will be in bother.

Of course Darcy could use the fact that "Ray Stadia would have done the same" as his defence but I can't see it getting him very far

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 3

You are aware that the "doping" infringement dudek committed wasnt of the funny cigarette type, and is actually a legal substance?

Yoyr argument is a bit like saying someone who is licensed to carry a gun and commits an offence with it is not as bad as someone who used illegal brass knuckles to commit the same offence.

I didn't know what it was and having carried out a bit of research, it would appear it hasn't been made public. I thought someone else on here said he had been caught with dope in his system, but I might have picked up on 'failed a dope test'. So for Dudek it maybe something and nothing. But something the authorities don't like. However, as I have said, he drank a legal to purchase beverage the night before a race. He woke up the next, feeling fine, perhaps a mild hangover, got to the track, pumped up read to race, with no ill effects from the night before, (not saying this is how it was, but may have been). Is asked to take a breath test, fails due to a low tolerance level. We can argue all day that rules are rules, but in my opinion, if he receives a lengthy ban, I think it is unfair, based on my possible account of the events. If he got to the track still feeling piddled, then he should be punished. Trouble is, only he knows the truth of how he felt.

I could go out and buy a silencer and sit in my garage doing whatever I like to it, I could drill the inside of it out, why I could pepper the whole thing full of holes if I like. Nothing illegal in that

I could, if I liked, get totally drunk while doing it, down a case or two of beer and have a really nice time, nothing illegal there.

Now the bit that seems to escaped your senile mind is the minute I attempt to do either of those things, to whatever small degree, whilst participating in a sport whose rules expressly forbid it I will be in bother.

Of course Darcy could use the fact that "Ray Stadia would have done the same" as his defence but I can't see it getting him very far

But, the moment you use a drill to your silencer and intend to race using it, you have broken the rules. If you down a quantity of alcoholic drinks the night before a race, which all riders are entitled to do, you do not wittingly know whether you will fail on 2 pints, 4 pints, 6 pints or whatever? Therefore, you have not at the moment of drinking the night before, intended to break the rules. Putting just one hole in your silencer and intend to race using it, you KNOW you have broken the rules.

• Like 1

I didn't know what it was and having carried out a bit of research, it would appear it hasn't been made public. I thought someone else on here said he had been caught with dope in his system, but I might have picked up on 'failed a dope test'. So for Dudek it maybe something and nothing. But something the authorities don't like. However, as I have said, he drank a legal to purchase beverage the night before a race. He woke up the next, feeling fine, perhaps a mild hangover, got to the track, pumped up read to race, with no ill effects from the night before, (not saying this is how it was, but may have been). Is asked to take a breath test, fails due to a low tolerance level. We can argue all day that rules are rules, but in my opinion, if he receives a lengthy ban, I think it is unfair, based on my possible account of the events. If he got to the track still feeling piddled, then he should be punished. Trouble is, only he knows the truth of how he felt.

But, the moment you use a drill to your silencer and intend to race using it, you have broken the rules. If you down a quantity of alcoholic drinks the night before a race, which all riders are entitled to do, you do not wittingly know whether you will fail on 2 pints, 4 pints, 6 pints or whatever? Therefore, you have not at the moment of drinking the night before, intended to break the rules. Putting just one hole in your silencer and intend to race using it, you KNOW you have broken the rules.

Are you for real.

It is breaking the rules to have an excessive amount of alcohol in your body and intending to race with it.

Do you really think we are talking about one or two beers here. To still be in his system at 1 or 2PM the next day Darcy will have consumed a good amount and quite likely late into the evening. Totally inappropriate for a sportsman anyway

• Like 4

I drink half a dozen beers. Two hours later I decide to drive. At the time I dtunk those beers I didnt intend to be over the limit two hours later but wasnt sure how fast my body would process the alcohol (and I forgot to hydrate).

Should I be punished if I fsil a breath test? I was feeling fine to drive.

I drink half a dozen beers. Two hours later I decide to drive. At the time I dtunk those beers I didnt intend to be over the limit two hours later but wasnt sure how fast my body would process the alcohol (and I forgot to hydrate).

It all depends. Had you tampered with the silencer on your car as well. I could forgive the driving while while drunk but a defective silencer, never

• Like 4

Why do you people keep babbling on about cars.

Ward was not driving to work.

He was going head to head with three other blokes at speeds in excess of 60mph on a souped up motorbike on a circular track which would involve supreme concentration and gaps between riders sometimes that would make normal people go pale.

• Like 2

2 hours later you KNOW you shouldn't be driving but in the morning ummmmmmmm ....

The body gets rid of alcohol at roughly 1 unit per hour. A pint is approx 2.5 units. It also takes an amount of time to enter your system. If you drink 5 pints between 8PM and midnight then it will be mid day before that alcohol has left your system.

Some people's 'arguments' on here in defence of ward are laughable. We all take risks, dw risked being over the limit when racing and got caught. Anyone can choose to take the risk and some will be more sensible to ensure they cannot be over when it comes to race time. Until there is compulsory testing then we'll never know for sure. As for DW, he's guilty, get over it.

P.s. The punishment should not take into account any mitigation. To risk lives is far worse than silencer tampering in my view

Correct

• Like 1

I didn't know what it was and having carried out a bit of research, it would appear it hasn't been made public. I thought someone else on here said he had been caught with dope in his system, but I might have picked up on 'failed a dope test'. So for Dudek it maybe something and nothing. But something the authorities don't like.

Methylhexanamine is the substance that had been claimed to have been found in Dudek's first sample by the Polish press.

The last major FIM competitor to be caught with this was Australian Anthony West. The FIM gave him a 1 month ban which the world anti doping agency then appealed and it was increased to 18 months, so it's clearly something that the WADA care about greatly.

Freddie Lindgren made a comment regarding Wards case and he says:

"It's strange that FIM doesn't have any clear rules when something happens and that there aren't any exact penalties specified.

It is the same when it comes to illegal machinery. Then it's strange that one doesn't get suspended during investigation. Strictly logical it

should be that way. If you get caught drunk driving they will take your driving license. In these type of cases they should take the rider's license."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/motor/speedway/article19391701.ab

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

A very sad day why should he get involved? this is a bloke who has got away with murder on a bike over the years with his thuggish antics on a bike.

Not just him though. Other riders have commented about it on twitter. Some have liked Lindgrens post. Nicholls was vocal about it. Other riders disagree with what Ward did, after all it was them he had no respect for as willing to put them at risk.

If nothing is done to punish him then think its going to cause a terrible atmosphere between riders with some turning against ward.

You shouldn't be driving two hours later & yes you should be punished if caught. Alcohol will still affect your cognitive development whilst in your system.

However it's even worse if you were driving a bike without breaks in a small space with 3 other riders who have to put their trust in you on track at high speed.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1