British Speedway Forum

I'm not supposed to reply to you really, apparently my replies are the reason this thread is so long :rofl: ......

....but I'd just like to point out (once again) that I hold just the same opinion as all regarding alcohol in speedway. Most of my posts have been against the anti-Ward posters and their almost insane desire to come down on him like a ton of bricks when it seems clear he has problems and needs help.

(sorry BWitcher - I won't do it again - promise) :wink:

How can you tell which poster is a Darcy Ward-hater and which poster is against all speedway riders using alcohol prior to meetings?

How can you tell which poster is a Darcy Ward-hater and which poster is against all speedway riders using alcohol prior to meetings?

There isn't a difference necessarily, just that those that call him a 'scumbag waster' for example, are pretty easy to spot as fairly anti-Ward I'd say :wink:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 3

There isn't a difference necessarily, just that those that call him a 'scumbag waster' for example, are pretty easy to spot as fairly anti-Ward I'd say :wink:

I've called my children many nasty names. It didn't mean I hated them... It meant I hated their behaviour. I am not a DW hater. He has lost my respect. Gradually he has worn supporters down and the majority that comment are frustrated that he has learnt nothing from past mistakes - they hate his behaviour.

• Like 2

:D

Ban him for the rest of the GP season & put him in the 2014 GP Challenge.

Not often i find something to agree with you on.

Personally if Ward is given a ban, I would also like to see him be offered support too in the form of counselling, if that is what is needed.

According to the FIM rules there should be no IF.

The difference between Woffy and Ward...

Woffy turned his life around - and then became Speedway World Champion.

Ward keeps making the same mistakes and is not a World Champion.

Hence why Woffy is much the better rider and professional sportsman.

Middleditch must be fuming Ward is making him look a prat by sticking up for him.Interesting what line Ford will take in this matter.

Think Middlo manages to do all that with ease by himself. :P

The appropriate action taken as per the rules and regulations of the FIM.

A precedent was set with Stefan Danno.

And should be no different now. Lets hope the FIM dont suck up to the school of all things Ward and Poole bias. If they do they the sport from the highest level is corrupt.

Er no it's Darcy Wards for having a drink (or two) :cheers::cheers::drink::drink:

That there is no dispute, although it seems some want to continue to make excuse after excuse for him.

Yes we all agree on that, but apparently no-one is allowed to defend him at all. This is purely an anti-Ward thread :shock:

you cant defend him! there is no way he can be defended I simply don't get how you or anyone can!

I love to watch Darcy as do everyone else who loves the sport so to say its Darcy haters is quite wrong.

As a rider - sublime

As a person - disgrace

• Like 2

Yes we all agree on that, but apparently no-one is allowed to defend him at all. This is purely an anti-Ward thread :shock:

What is there to defend? The fact is he failed a breath test and should be punished according to the rules. No ifs no buts no excuses cop it on the chin and move on.
  • Like 1

Despite protestations by Star Fever few if any are anti Ward. What they see however is a rider of immense talent who makes mistake after mistake seemingly with impunity , who cannot or will not see the error of his ways. The time has come for him to pay the price at last. By all means give him help if necessary but with his past record one wonders if he will be willing to accept it.

• Like 5

In sport it does seem the more bankable the name the more mitigation, leniency etc. is talked about - I wasn't surprised to turn my telly on last nite and see one Suarez playing for Barcelona despite a worldwide ban for biting an opponent and being treated like a hero. I despair sometimes

Edited by longlivefrankie

I don't know how reliable this article is, but it claims that Darcy had 0.5 promille alocohol level in the first test and 0,3 promille alocohol level in the second test.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pomorska.pl%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Farticle%3FAID%3D%2F20140818%2FZUZEL92%2F140819155&edit-text=

10mg/litre exhaled air, is the same as 0.2 promille.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I don't know how reliable this article is, but it claims that Darcy had 0.5 promille alocohol level in the first test and 0,3 promille alocohol level in the second test.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pomorska.pl%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Farticle%3FAID%3D%2F20140818%2FZUZEL92%2F140819155&edit-text=

10mg/litre exhaled air, is the same as 0.2 promille.

I see in that article you refer to that this is also mentioned, talking about likely punishment (don't know if it's initial pending further investigations or not):

"It is very possible that he will be suspended from the player for 30 days, because such a punishment predict FIM disciplinary rules. Then you would start in the last two matches Unibaksu in the main round, the tournament would lose GP in Gorzow and Vojens."

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

if i interpret correctly, that would be over the drink drive limit in NZ which is 400mg for breath test and 80mg for blood test (looks like Darcy was 500mg and100mg in breath/blood respectively, if I'm reading correctly.

If that's the case, then he must have had a pretty big session to be blowing that at lunchtime, and has to be looking at the rest of the season surely?

Though, that doesn't seem to tie back to Phil's assertion that he may have passed a test four hours later, where I understand he would hav eneeded a close to zero reading?

• Like 1

if i interpret correctly, that would be over the drink drive limit in NZ which is 400mg for breath test and 80mg for blood test (looks like Darcy was 500mg and100mg in breath/blood respectively, if I'm reading correctly.

If that's the case, then he must have had a pretty big session to be blowing that at lunchtime, and has to be looking at the rest of the season surely?

Though, that doesn't seem to tie back to Phil's assertion that he may have passed a test four hours later, where I understand he would hav eneeded a close to zero reading?

Haven't you got that wrong going by the above amounts: 0.2 promille = 10mg/litre therefore Darcy's 0.5 promille = 25mg/litre and 0.3 promille = 15mg/litre?
  • Like 1