British Speedway Forum

As someone else on here alluded to, you do wonder whether Darcy was singled out for a test, as a result of a tip off. The way Scott Nicholls put the 'boot in' during his commentary........who knows?

and why not?

as has been said a few times, if he went out on the track he would possibly a danger to other riders. One would never know unless an accident was to happen..... do you, or anyone really want to find out that way. I would like to think the answer is no. So if someone has tipped of the "powers that be", full marks to that person..... it could have saved someone from serious injury or worse.

He surely is being misguided through these youthful years, and no its not the things young ones today do (as classing them all together). I know loads of youngsters of his age, and younger, who do not go out just to get sozzelled. They know how to have a good time without getting drunk.

A good friend, a true friend, should have had a word with Darcy before he took to alcohol and simply said "you had some bad news mate, but this is not the way to deal with it, lets go and talk it over".

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

People talk of the amount drank as if it is of importance. If you kill a man with one shot or kill him with four the number is inconcequential, the end result is the same. One drink, four drinks, makes no difference knowing your future and others depend on certain standards.

• Like 3

This shows they they do do random tests and are not just picking on Darcy as some seem to be claiming.

This was Nicki's result from SWC meeting. Not the only time he has posted this sort of thing either this year

https://twitter.com/nickipedersenDK/status/495600241249615872/photo/1

Can see why they don't test everyone as it can't take very long. I remember years ago doing the Sysdney Harbour bridge climb and the first thing they did was breathalyze everyone. If you failed you weren't allowed on. On this you are tethered to the bridge and so fairly difficult to fall unlike charging around quickly on a small track at high speed.

• Like 1

This shows they they do do random tests and are not just picking on Darcy as some seem to be claiming.

This was Nicki's result from SWC meeting. Not the only time he has posted this sort of thing either this year

Can see why they don't test everyone as it can't take very long. I remember years ago doing the Sysdney Harbour bridge climb and the first thing they did was breathalyze everyone. If you failed you weren't allowed on. On this you are tethered to the bridge and so fairly difficult to fall unlike charging around quickly on a small track at high speed.

I know we would all be nervous to have to give a breath test, as there is the 'you are never 100% sure', but the fact Nicki posted his negative result, may suggest he was a bit bum twitchy!

• Like 2

If I heard it correctly yesterday... It was said that Nicki P never drinks alcohol at all during the season. No alcohol = no problems. Many riders put themselves on a strict training programme and the consumption of alcohol would not be part of that regime.

I know we would all be nervous to have to give a breath test, as there is the 'you are never 100% sure', but the fact Nicki posted his negative result, may suggest he was a bit bum twitchy!

More likely that he was proud of the fact that he needs no alcohol to compete in a meeting - and showing others that not all speedway riders are like Darcy Ward.

• Like 9

If I heard it correctly yesterday... It was said that Nicki P never drinks alcohol at all during the season. No alcohol = no problems. Many riders put themselves on a strict training programme and the consumption of alcohol would not be part of that regime.

More likely that he was proud of the fact that he needs no alcohol to compete in a meeting - and showing others that not all speedway riders are like Darcy Ward.

Spot on about Nicki. Perhaps that's why he's a three times World Champion and Ward is just a scumbag waster.

• Like 3

Yeah he says the same in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C6jKi-nVTNo#t=72

"I'm following a strict line all the time what I can eat and what I can drink, like alcohol you know is for the winter time" "Like I haven't had a drink you know sine happy new year.".

Edited by Ghostwalker

Innocent until proven guilty.

I`m sure he is, though its very easy to be distraught after being caught.

Maybe on Saturday evening he was distraught as a newt.

I was thinking along the lines of suspension pending the outcome of the FIM decision. Happens in lots of industries...

What ban if any is he likely to get and do we know when the decision will be made ?

Probably a four month ban starting on the 1st of November knowing speedway...

• Like 5

I would not be so suprised if they have just water or some other liquid in the bottle.... if not then I'm sure they have some special sponsor deal with their local dentist as well I suppose lol.

I'd imagine so..Not tried Monster, but if it's anything like red bull it'll be disgusting stuff. I would be gob smacked if Greg drinks it, he isn't doing what he is at 44 without looking after himself!

As someone else on here alluded to, you do wonder whether Darcy was singled out for a test, as a result of a tip off.

I hope so. Ward is clearly not capable of learning himself, so I hope someone, even another rider did tip the authorities off and maybe others actions on his behalf will now force Ward to learn.

We can live and hope.

In no way am I defending Darcy Ward but I do think he could be the unlucky one here

Nothing unlucky about it.

As someone else on here alluded to, you do wonder whether Darcy was singled out for a test, as a result of a tip off. The way Scott Nicholls put the 'boot in' during his commentary........who knows?

As someone who has a history of drink related incidents he SHOULD be targeted. :drink:

• Like 1

Spot on about Nicki. Perhaps that's why he's a three times World Champion and Ward is just a scumbag waster.

Not really a relevant argument as Darcy Ward is 22 and Nicki Pedersen won his first World title at 26.

• Like 1

And you can prove this of course?

If I needed to, as other members of this forum were present.

Good point. why post this if you've not been near the stuff. Smells a rat.

What ban if any is he likely to get and do we know when the decision will be made ?

I am just wondering if he might escape a ban on the basis that he didn't actually race in that condition. I was thinking back a few years to when Leon Madsen ( Hmm another Poole rider, pattern emerging here) got caught with an illegal silencer but if I remember correctly he was given a fine but escaped a ban because he was caught when warming the bike up so he hadn't actually raced with it.

Anyone remember all the details of Madsens punishment ?

But then again, why would you waste a test on Greg or Nicki when Darcy is nearby... ;)

:D

Ban him for the rest of the GP season & put him in the 2014 GP Challenge.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

I am in no doubt, all the wheels will be turning, and all the heads will be huddled together exploring every last possible escape plan, so Darcy can get away with a slap on the wrist and fines £5.00.

We have to have Darcy riding because it's written in the SKY contract. No Darcy, No SKY. sort it......... :party::party::party: