British Speedway Forum

Not selective hearing at all - Pearson clearly focused on Hancock and his injury (and the incident certainly looked horrible) as opposed to Iversen, and even after Hancock walked away to the ambulance, albeit in severe pain from hand/arm injuries, there seemed to be less comment (even concern) over the rider who was lying on a stretcher and being put into the ambulance, whose injuries were not clear to define instantly

Poor show, Mr Pearson

Last night's GP proved to me that if Darcy Ward was to be suspended for 2 years or missed out on the GP's for 2 years it would be no great shakes.

There are plenty of great, exciting young riders coming through for the future and he'd be very easily forgotten.

I`ve forgotten him already !!

Not selective hearing at all - Pearson clearly focused on Hancock and his injury (and the incident certainly looked horrible) as opposed to Iversen, and even after Hancock walked away to the ambulance, albeit in severe pain from hand/arm injuries, there seemed to be less comment (even concern) over the rider who was lying on a stretcher and being put into the ambulance, whose injuries were not clear to define instantly

Poor show, Mr Pearson

Very selective..You hear what you want to hear..

He didn't ignore PUK at all, mentioned him loads...you lot have got selective hearing.. :nono:

No I haven't, my hearing is fine thank you. Pearson mentioned NKI but after Tatum had, almost as if he had to be prompted. As others have said he wasn't as concerned about a rider who had to be stretcher end off, only a rider who got up on his own. And was walking on his own, albeit with a medic in close proximity.

That to me is not the action of an unbiased neutral professional commentator.

I recorded it and watching it back right now, there is just as much concern for NKI as there is for Hancock, mostly more comments about Hancock as some idiot has their camera just a yard or two from Hancock who is sitting in the doorway of the ambulance.

• Like 1

No I haven't, my hearing is fine thank you. Pearson mentioned NKI but after Tatum had, almost as if he had to be prompted. As others have said he wasn't as concerned about a rider who had to be stretcher end off, only a rider who got up on his own. And was walking on his own, albeit with a medic in close proximity.

I thought that they concentrated on Hancock because they had the footage of how his accident occurred - and that they could film what was happening to him with the medics. They didn't know what was wrong with NKI - and there was nothing to see. I didn't see it as bias at all ...

• Like 7

Bull!...He's very professional thank you...like I say, whatever you lot would complain...Nigel does a great job and promotes the sport and has done over the years when he wasn't a promoter, unlike some other so called club owners...Top sports commentator!.

I thought that they concentrated on Hancock because they had the footage of how his accident occurred - and that they could film what was happening to him with the medics. They didn't know what was wrong with NKI - and there was nothing to see. I didn't see it as bias at all ...

Halley bloody Luyah..well said Scribbler!...You'll be shot down in flames for this tho!

I recorded it and watching it back right now, there is just as much concern for NKI as there is for Hancock, mostly more comments about Hancock as some idiot has their camera just a yard or two from Hancock who is sitting in the doorway of the ambulance.

Thanks screm, voice of reason as usual.

• Like 2

Bull!...He's very professional thank you...like I say, whatever you lot would complain...Nigel does a great job and promotes the sport and has done over the years when he wasn't a promoter, unlike some other so called club owners...Top sports commentator!.

Halley bloody Luyah..well said Scribbler!...You'll be shot down in flames for this tho!

Thanks screm, voice of reason as usual.

Well that's where you are wrong. He and you are as entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. You won't change yours and I won't change mine.

BTW I'm not overly keen on being referred to as part of a "lot"....I'm not for sale in an auction no one could afford me ;)

• Like 1

Well that's where you are wrong. He and you are as entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. You won't change yours and I won't change mine.

BTW I'm not overly keen on being referred to as part of a "lot"....I'm not for sale in an auction no one could afford me ;)

Maybe at a car boot sale? :cheers:

That was A JOKE!..............or was it?

We'll beg to differ then S/L....can't win with you "LOT" :drink:

I certainly didn't see any bias from Pearson towards Hancock. Regardless of the crash this is also a competition to be World Champion and I believe Pearson was reflecting the impact it could have on it. No other commentator would have been any different. Certainly showed enough concern for Iversen IMO

• Like 5

I think Pearson basically reacted to the pictures on the screen. The cameras mostly followed Hancock as he went into the pits (no paddock, Kelvin), so naturally he talked about Hancock when he was on screen, whilst not forgetting that Puk was still being attended to on the track.

• Like 5

Last night's GP proved to me that if Darcy Ward was to be suspended for 2 years or missed out on the GP's for 2 years it would be no great shakes.

There are plenty of great, exciting young riders coming through for the future and he'd be very easily forgotten.

[/quote: Darcy Ward may have his problems off track but on track you cannot deny this guy is an unbelievable talent ! I think you are letting his off track misdemeanour's confuse your view of him as a rider.The GP would be poorer for not having Darcy Ward in its ranks.

Edited by New Science

Even the thread that carries his name has spent the last two pages talking about something completely unconnected to our little miscreant.

Poor Darcy, none of his misdeeds can compete for comment when there is the opportunity for having a wrangle over Pearson.

• Like 3

Even the thread that carries his name has spent the last two pages talking about something completely unconnected to our little miscreant.

Poor Darcy, none of his misdeeds can compete for comment when there is the opportunity for having a wrangle over Pearson.

Good call!

It's hard to find a link, unless there is a hidden suggestion that Pearson had been drinking!

Back on thread - I just hope whatever punishment Darcy gets it allows him to turn things around. I don't care if it's two weeks or two years I just hope it's enough to get his career back on track with no further misdemeanours.

• Like 3

Good call!

It's hard to find a link, unless there is a hidden suggestion that Pearson had been drinking!

Back on thread - I just hope whatever punishment Darcy gets it allows him to turn things around. I don't care if it's two weeks or two years I just hope it's enough to get his career back on track with no further misdemeanours.

Easy to knock him but like it or not British Speedway badly needs him, even allowing for the fact that it was on sky the Lakeside v Poole match had a terrible crowd and Ward's absence probably kept half the local support at home in front of the telly. I agree lets get his punishment out in the open ASAP let him serve his sentence and get him back into British racing.

Easy to knock him but like it or not British Speedway badly needs him, even allowing for the fact that it was on sky the Lakeside v Poole match had a terrible crowd and Ward's absence probably kept half the local support at home in front of the telly. I agree lets get his punishment out in the open ASAP let him serve his sentence and get him back into British racing.

That's one heck of a sweeping statement.

The weather and the fact it was on telly are probably the main reasons behind a poor crowd.

And, as for British Speedway "badly" needing Ward, well that (in my opinion) is total nonsence. It can die on it's backside with or without him.

• Like 2