British Speedway Forum

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

What would have happened if KK stayed on and completed 4 laps?!! most proberbly nothing,i still think its only G Broadie who has excluded a rider after a race has finished,and where did that come from after all those years where nothing was being done!!!.Ill think we will have to wait a number of years again before a ref excludes a rider after the race!!! which in my mind was totally wrong when it did happen.

Very poor performance from the Polish spectators by booing at Nicki the award ceremony.

It was obvious how a Polish home crowd would see the decision,Kasprazak hurtling towards the pits didn't exactly diffuse the situation,then the crowd were cheering when they saw Nicki's reaction to the exclusion, he would have been aware of this.So after Nicki was booed as he came to the tapes for run off he decided to milk his victory for 3rd thus further antagonising the home crowd even further.Riot police lined the front of the pits and I saw 1 Polish fan lead away so it came as no surprise to see Pedersen roundly booed on the podium.

Points wise Nicki was top three also, so unfair to say he does not deserve his top three place. Not sure what you mean by Greg letting Tai through, but if Greg did let a friend through for points that is highly unprofessional.

i didnt say Nicki didn't deserve to finish third - what I said was Tai was the third best rider in the series and in my opinion I felt it would have been justice to him over the series if he had come third.

Not sure what you mean by Greg letting Tai through, but if Greg did let a friend through for points that is highly unprofessional.

Again that's my opinion and wouldn't hold up in any Court of Law. :lol: Quite funny too, as Hancock is the most professional rider of them all,

Points wise Nicki was top three also, so unfair to say he does not deserve his top three place. Not sure what you mean by Greg letting Tai through, but if Greg did let a friend through for points that is highly unprofessional.

How about Greg constantly looking over his shoulder, right from Turn 2, which he doesn't and didn't do in any other race.. riding the fast line UNTIL Tai got himself into 2nd, then nicely moving over onto the inside to allow Tai by.

It's happened many, many times before and will continue to happen in the future.

He also got out his way in the semi, after gating he looked for Tai, tried to slow down the others, made an error as both went by at which point he immediately pulled out of Tai's way to allow him to chase. Greg's work was done, his championship already secured.

I wanted Tai to win the bronze medal and have mixed thoughts on Nicki taking it. On the one hand you could say it was justice given his ridiculous exclusion and Greg's Monster Team Riding.. on the other you could say it was justice Tai got it as he had missed a round due to injury.

Either way, cracking end to the season!

• Like 1

Of course greg himself was the beneficiary of "team riding" in an early 90s overseas final, when ermolenko let him past to ensure hancock got the extra point needed to qualify for the next round.

Or the 1996 Vojens Grand Prix when the three Americans finished in the order in their last ride together which meant they all qualified for the final and meant HNS Neilsen was out of the Final. That allowed Billy Hamill to win the final and take the crown. That was a lucky coincidence I think.

Either way, cracking end to the season!

Totally agree - it was a great series. It's just a pity two of the top six riders are not in it next year - Imagine a top twelve of Greg, Krystof, Nicki, Tai, Matej, Chris, Niels, Andreas, Jarek, Troy (really enjoyed watching him this year - well deserved his wild card) plus Darcy and Emil!

Or the 1996 Vojens Grand Prix when the three Americans finished in the order in their last ride together which meant they all qualified for the final and meant HNS Neilsen was out of the Final. That allowed Billy Hamill to win the final and take the crown. That was a lucky coincidence I think.

Totally agree - it was a great series. It's just a pity two of the top six riders are not in it next year - Imagine a top twelve of Greg, Krystof, Nicki, Tai, Matej, Chris, Niels, Andreas, Jarek, Troy (really enjoyed watching him this year - well deserved his wild card) plus Darcy and Emil!

You have left Holder out of the list ;)

• Like 1

I was there in 1996 when i was USA Team manager...total coincidence I can assure you...and I am looking forward to seeing Father Christmas on 24th December night.

Again that's my opinion and wouldn't hold up in any Court of Law. :lol: Quite funny too, as Hancock is the most professional rider of them all,

That's how he wants people to view him, and for the most part he is. But if he did let Tai through to help him over NP I am disappointed, and I hope someone screws him points wise next season. Was it more a case of the paddock seemingly having issues with Nicki?

I was there in 1996 when i was USA Team manager...total coincidence I can assure you...and I am looking forward to seeing Father Christmas on 24th December night.

One of my best ever memories - watching it on a big screen in a back room of a club at a Caravan park on the Isle of Wight. Just me, my brother and our wives in a massive room to ourselves.

Getting louder and louder as the meeting progressed and the glare on my brother's face when someone popped their head into the room just prior to the final !

Then visiting Ryde and doing a ceremonial lap around the track in Billy's honour the following day - except that the track was massive and we were knackered!

KK favourite for 2015 series?

Who knows?

Every year seems to throw up something unexpected.

That's the exciting thing about the SGP.

It was also a major mistake from Sam Ermolenko as that cost him a place in the top 8 and he wasn't given a wildcard for the following year, despite missing rounds through injury.

It was also a major mistake from Sam Ermolenko as that cost him a place in the top 8 and he wasn't given a wildcard for the following year, despite missing rounds through injury.

There were no wildcards back then. The first wildcard would have been Billy Hamills in 1999 when they made a special case for him due to injury. It wasn't until about 2002/2003 they had actual wildcards.

Edited by SCB

If he kept up the form shown towards the end of 2014, yes its a possibility. But can he (will he) keep up the good form.

SIX successive finals, three wins, missed one GP, scored zero in another ... quite a mixed bag but KK has come on leaps and bounds this year. Polish Champion, Polish Best Pairs winner, member of Gorzow title winning side.

A great series and i was totally wrong about it,i really enjoy it but i still prefer the one off final why can't there be two disciplines? Also next year is a great example the best riders in the world are not there! again i always presumed in a GP series the best would be there they are not.A one off scenario i know it was unfair and brutal at times but it was the same playing field for everybody a FA cup scenario everybody started as a equal had a chance those days have gone now.

Though of course one of the reasons the field is weaker than it could be is exactky that almost everone DOES have a chance to get in via the qualifiers. Harris doyle and janowski are in via this route and arguably none ecpected to make top 8. Then of course u have thj arguably in due to nationality, similar to the one offs where you had four or more riders there on that basis