British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

Think he went back to three when he went to Somerset, however he's not eligible to double up due to his age as far as I'm aware.

We've got three league meetings left I believe? Let Alfie Bowtell have them. For the cup then pick the best rider available each night, Morley at home for sure.

The Ace of Hearts is back this year, will we possibly have a new face on show with the veiw to a team place next season.

Any other thoughts?

Don't bet on it. The new promoters floated the idea to Len Silver providing he could attract a decent line up, but he wasn't s'posed to announce it yet.

Good start would be a return to a 16 rider format.

Imagine we'll see any fit Rockets (Eddie, Rob, NBJ, Danny and possibly Luke). Add in Hughes and Ayres to see how they get on against PL level opposition as I get the impression they'll be in the frame for a reserve berth next year. Give one spot to Hume, Bowtell or Hunter, perhaps a pre-meeting race off with the winner of the three added to the line up and the other two given reserve berths.

That makes eight, for the others a couple of crowd pullers, Harris/Nicholls maybe and Linus would be a great addition to the line up. For the rest, riders who we are interested in for next year.

But I expect a 12 rider meeting made up of a hotch potch of Rockets, Raiders and Kent riders.

Good start would be a return to a 16 rider format.

Imagine we'll see any fit Rockets (Eddie, Rob, NBJ, Danny and possibly Luke). Add in Hughes and Ayres to see how they get on against PL level opposition as I get the impression they'll be in the frame for a reserve berth next year. Give one spot to Hume, Bowtell or Hunter, perhaps a pre-meeting race off with the winner of the three added to the line up and the other two given reserve berths.

That makes eight, for the others a couple of crowd pullers, Harris/Nicholls maybe and Linus would be a great addition to the line up. For the rest, riders who we are interested in for next year.

But I expect a 12 rider meeting made up of a hotch potch of Rockets, Raiders and Kent riders.

In that case they'll be little interest. Also, Len announced a massive firework display. I'm expecting one huge firework, then the floodlights come back on Edited by Shads

Don't bet on it. The new promoters floated the idea to Len Silver providing he could attract a decent line up, but he wasn't s'posed to announce it yet.

Surely he'd need it to be more than just a floated idea to attract a decent line up. The way the speedway season is set up nowadays riders won't wait around for a meeting weeks after their last one. Some clubs are almost finished for the season as it is. Also, a decent line up is very subjective. I'd be surprised if we all had the same idea of a decent line up as Len does, so why is it down to him if he is not the only promoter?

• Like 1