British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

What was the story with Luke Bowen. Yes he asked to take a break but comments from him seem to suggest he was upset that he had been replaced. Had he been discarded by the Promotion who now go back to him because Greenwood didn't work out and an adequate replacement was to be found

I find the whole thing a mess but wish Luke a happy return

Thought Kyle Hughes might have been more competitive than was at Ipswich just shows the Gulf between NL and PL as he has been doing ok lately for the raiders

With Maassen at Ipswich he seemed to hit the white line at the start of the bend and carry too much speed so drifted out to the fence each time. After a nervous start he did improve and did lead a race for almost a lap. not great i know but look at the massive improvement from Kasper.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that Luke wanted away but no other offers came? He seemed a bit cheesed off about being hit with a ban for withholding his services. Once the gaps had been plugged at Redcar, Peterborough & Somerset there weren't any other viable options so it was back to Rye?

More to it than that

I just hope Luke can get a respectable score at meetings for the rest of the season for the sake of his fellow team members and the supporters. I still can't get my head around Len taking him back after his 'break from speedway' and leaving his team in the lurch. I was at Rye on Sunday but I couldn't bring myself to cheer for him and I don't think I ever will again even though he has in the past given many years service to Rye House. Perhaps it's time he considers riding in the National League if he wants to continue in the sport.

Edited by hammer1969

I just hope Luke can get a respectable score at meetings for the rest of the season for the sake of his fellow team members and the supporters. I still can't get my head around Len taking him back after his 'break from speedway' and leaving his team in the lurch. I was at Rye on Sunday but I couldn't bring myself to cheer for him and I don't think I ever will again even though he has in the past given many years service to Rye House. Perhaps it's time he considers riding in the National League if he wants to continue in the sport.

That's a little bit extreme, it's not like working your notice, if you're a speedway rider and your head isn't in it then you have to stop going onto the track for your own sake and that of other riders.

Luke's future may be in the NL, he may have a strong end to the season for the Rockets and be one of our key riders for the rest of the year, it's too early to judge. Even though we now have nothing to race for realistically.

That's a little bit extreme, it's not like working your notice, if you're a speedway rider and your head isn't in it then you have to stop going onto the track for your own sake and that of other riders.

Luke's future may be in the NL, he may have a strong end to the season for the Rockets and be one of our key riders for the rest of the year, it's too early to judge. Even though we now have nothing to race for realistically.

should stick to Lorry driving! :t:

I totally agree with you about stopping if your head isn't in it, safety must always come first and I don't like seeing any rider have an accident but for the sake of the sport as a whole I feel that if any rider packs up a couple of weeks after the start of the season with the reason being 'taking a break from racing' for the sake of the whole team and the supporters when a replacement is found they should be kept in place if possible for the rest of the year as it must be unsettling for other team members having to see changes other than those caused by injuries.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you about stopping if your head isn't in it, safety must always come first and I don't like seeing any rider have an accident but for the sake of the sport as a whole I feel that if any rider packs up a couple of weeks after the start of the season with the reason being 'taking a break from racing' for the sake of the whole team and the supporters when a replacement is found they should be kept in place if possible for the rest of the year as it must be unsettling for other team members having to see changes other than those caused by injuries.

Of course but that is the nature of the sport. Greenwood wasn't cutting the mustard and I'd rather see us try to improve the product on track than stick with someone who is not scoring well enough. Bowen is probably the best replacement about that could fit. Though personally I would have replaced Boxall with a rider who has an average higher than Robin to keep him at reserve and tried another three pointer in the place of Greenwood. As it is there will be a lot of pressure on Luke to perform and carry Maasen I think.

Of course but that is the nature of the sport. Greenwood wasn't cutting the mustard and I'd rather see us try to improve the product on track than stick with someone who is not scoring well enough. Bowen is probably the best replacement about that could fit. Though personally I would have replaced Boxall with a rider who has an average higher than Robin to keep him at reserve and tried another three pointer in the place of Greenwood. As it is there will be a lot of pressure on Luke to perform and carry Maasen I think.

I agree, there will be a lot of pressure on Luke I am keeping my fingers crossed that he can handle it and score some points and hopefully not decide to take another 'break from racing' before the end of the season.

Yet another home defeat for Rye House tonight against a weakened Glasgow team - I'm sure the new owner is loving it! :lol:

The new owner? What the same bloke who had promised Stadiums improvements. Place is a dump far worse than it has been no viewing from 2nd bend, half the back straight and 3rd and 4th bends.

Two man team at the moment i feel for Edward Kennett

• Like 1