British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

Certainly doesn't strengthen Rye.

Aspegren up into the top 5 and young Greenwood as the German's reserve partner.

It's taking young Erik Riss a while to find his feet at Edinburgh so I expect similar from Maasen

can't fully agree with the signing but think we should give him a chance - good to see a new face in English speedway

he's not a new face rode for sheffield had 11 rides had 1 ex,7 lasts and three thirds and that was because there was only three race finishers the other riders retired. maybe come on a bit since then i hope so for rye's sake.that was his home record not sure what he did away.

Having seen the lad ride for Sheffield a few seasons ago, I would say that unless he has made some rapid improvements I think that you have signed a dud

Ans here is your man having a spin around Rye 3 years ago.

Beat Robert Lambert by half a lap. Signing of the season

• Like 1

Beat Robert Lambert by half a lap. Signing of the season

Did he really beat a 14 year old Robert Lambert?

You never know he might comeback to Sheffield get a 21 point maximum and smash the track record.

But then again he might not.

• Like 2

Apologies before I start I know I will probably upset quite a few people on here. Just read Luke Bowen is back, I know he has been a loyal rider for Rye House for many years but honestly no wonder Speedway is losing supporters by the droves. Luke rode 3 home and 2 away matches for us this year and then decided to 'take a break' now Rye have him back. If a footballer decided to take a break a few weeks into the season, then 3 months later declare I think I'll come back now, would their management and supporters welcome him back with open arms - sorry but NO I dont think so - it could only happen in Speedway no wonder we are in a state. I have nothing against Luke but if he wanted to take a break he should have made the decision before the start of the season and stayed out for the whole of the season. Dan Greenwood may not be scoring many points and I am no expert but to me he at least he seems to be trying. Also if the Rye management have accepted Luke back surely they must have known about it before signing Maassen, who rode for us last night, they should have stuck by Dan who scored 3 at Ipswich and stayed on his bike, Maassen scored 1 and in the race where he fell off and was excluded he managed to take 2 other riders out with him. I am open to giving Maassen a fair chance and hopefully see some improvement but after watching him ride I shan't be holding my breath, but somebody needs to sort out these diabolical rules that seem to allow riders to come and go as they please and promoters to do as they please. I will be at Rye on Sunday mainly to watch the speedway but if I see our new promoter walking around he may get a few of my thoughts on this subject as well. Also just to stir other things up 'Darcy Ward' at Swindon, I know he scores points but at the beginning of the year we get the debacle re visas and the immigration department declaring Australian riders are taking work away from Europeans then what happens Darcy's suspension ends and Swindon take him on and get rid of an English rider to make way for him and presumably the immigration department agreed it !

Be nice if we gave Maassen a few meeting before we start to slag him off proved he can gate at Ipswich lets see what he does when he gets used to it here. Fair enough to have a pop at the promotion but lay off the kid eh?

Fair enough westhamboy. He was all over the place in his first 2/3 heats, but looked a lot better later on; maybe nerves. At least he gave 100%, no doubt about the effort. Good luck to the lad

• Like 2

Be nice if we gave Maassen a few meeting before we start to slag him off proved he can gate at Ipswich lets see what he does when he gets used to it here. Fair enough to have a pop at the promotion but lay off the kid eh?

He was practicing at Rye today with Luke Bowen

• Like 2