British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

so who dod we think is the best replacement for Luke? Personally id like Dan Greenwod but not sure who he is an asset of. If were going to develop our own assests the Luke Chessel even tho i dont think he is read for the PL yet

Dan Greenwood became a Coventry asset last year

Would wait and see the prognosis on Kasper. Knee ligaments doesn't sound good. If he's not going to be fit then redeclare with both reserves out. Sign a 3 pointer like Greenwood and then well over five points to use with whoevers available.

Sides not strong enough to piss around with guest reserves for the next few weeks and if stuck with NL riders then the near point more on bowens average needs to be used elsewhere.

Edited by Chris

Would wait and see the prognosis on Kasper. Knee ligaments doesn't sound good. If he's not going to be fit then redeclare with both reserves out. Sign a 3 pointer like Greenwood and then well over five points to use with whoevers available.

Sides not strong enough to piss around with guest reserves for the next few weeks and if stuck with NL riders then the near point more on bowens average needs to be used elsewhere.

Dunno what planet you are living on? :rofl:

why would Rye House get rid of Kasper and let another PL team sign him when he returns from injury?

Your head must be so far up your own bottom that you must be able to see what you had for supper last night! ;)

• Like 2

Dunno what planet you are living on? :rofl:

why would Rye House get rid of Kasper and let another PL team sign him when he returns from injury?

Your head must be so far up your own bottom that you must be able to see what you had for supper last night! ;)

Erm if he's done his cruciates or got severe ligament damage he won't be riding for anyone for a long time thicko. Why don't you read the post instead of making yourself look an arse?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if Bradley Wilson Dean or James Shanes are eligible to ride for Rye?

Don't see why not. Stumbling block over Shanes would be that he is a Plymouth asset I believe. Wilson-Dean doubling up would be no different than Perks at Scunthorpe and Cradley although he did start the season an an assessed 5 point NL average. If someone did move for him and it was blocked it could have big consequences in the NL.

Don't see why not. Stumbling block over Shanes would be that he is a Plymouth asset I believe. Wilson-Dean doubling up would be no different than Perks at Scunthorpe and Cradley although he did start the season an an assessed 5 point NL average. If someone did move for him and it was blocked it could have big consequences in the NL.

Without looking into the ins and outs as to whether it's possible, I'm still holding hope he will replace Compton.

sadly injuries are part and parcel of the sport, if a club is "lucky" they will have a rider out injured the same time another rider becomes available...now whether a club wants to poach another rider is up for argument etc but good team managers/promoters have a canny knack of finding a suitable replacement to make their team even stronger.....that my friends is the difference between a mediocre/run of the mill club to a proactive/determined club!

• Like 2

Time to redeclare the side. Side not strong enough to compete if having to rely on crap guests like Edberg etc.

Waiting would be criminal as give it a few weeks and the season will be over. Steads injury covered up a shocking home performance. 50+ by Sheffield at Rye?

Aspergren has started to struggle and Mellgren is very inconsistent.

Let's hope the new owners are a bit more proactive than Silver. Lykke/Bowen out & use the points. If Boxall needs to be sacrificed as well then so be it.

Kasper practised on bike in Denmark yesterday, but knee not quite ready yet. Was trying to ride tomorrow at Peterborough, but now targets Redcar on Thursday.

Steve was hoping to be back this week but hopefully will be back tomorrow at Pboro.

Just looking to get a decent replacement for Luke. I think the calls for panic measures and redeclaration (no idea who was going to replace people ??) were a little previous.

Get the existing riders fit, a good replacement for Luke and hopefully win a few matches to 'Restart'* the Rockets season,

* did you see what I did there, I should have been in advertising, lol (Nurse, nurse bring me my pills)

Aspergren has started to struggle and Mellgren is very inconsistent.

Robins had one poor meeting and an average one at number 5 partnered with unfamiliar guest reserves. Give the guy a break.

Anders has done more than expected after returning from injury.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Erm if he's done his cruciates or got severe ligament damage he won't be riding for anyone for a long time thicko. Why don't you read the post instead of making yourself look an arse?

Because making himself look an arse is his full time occupation, you must have surely noticed by now.

• Like 1

Couple of things about Kasper, If he has snapped a Ligament then at his age he would be daft to comeback without it first being repaired, equally those who think Kasper will return straight back to the good form he was showing are equally daft. As far as Luke is concerned if he's not coming back then replace him, why wait booking guests is so hit and miss i'd rather watch a rider like chess ell develop, may pay for the future if not can't be any worse than a hopeless guest like we had at Ipswich.

Couple of things about Kasper, If he has snapped a Ligament then at his age he would be daft to comeback without it first being repaired, equally those who think Kasper will return straight back to the good form he was showing are equally daft. As far as Luke is concerned if he's not coming back then replace him, why wait booking guests is so hit and miss i'd rather watch a rider like chess ell develop, may pay for the future if not can't be any worse than a hopeless guest like we had at Ipswich.

Luke's not coming back. Perhaps they're waiting for a rider to become available, Oliver Greenwood perhaps?

can't be any worse than a hopeless guest like we had at Ipswich.

That same hopeless guest you had scoring 7&2 from 5 from number 2 for you at home last year despite him not having had a good showing for his team earlier that year! He had 3 rides starting off the graveyard gate 4 alone.

Booking Edberg showed more intent than we usually see from Rye when booking guest reserves. We're early in the season, far too early to be putting NL riders in to gain experience.

I don't buy Mellgren still coming back from injury, he had half a season racing last year and a whole winter to prepare. His form hasn't been that bad at all though. He always has a duff ride here and there, that's why his average isn't higher.

Booking Edberg showed more intent than we usually see from Rye when booking guest reserves. We're early in the season, far too early to be putting NL riders in to gain experience.

I don't buy Mellgren still coming back from injury, he had half a season racing last year and a whole winter to prepare. His form hasn't been that bad at all though. He always has a duff ride here and there, that's why his average isn't higher.

he also has rods,plates and screws holding his spine together so i would say its a miracle the guy is even back on a bike.ask him to lift up his tee shirt next time you see him you just might be shocked.i would say it could take years to get over that injury not half a season and a whole winter so well done anders.
  • Like 4