British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

On "the other thread" it says Jason Bunyan's absence from Britain at the moment is because of a lack of funding for the air fare.

why is that relavent to a Rye House thread? He was rubbish whilst riding for Rye and wouldnt of been back even if he could

• Like 1

Should have bought a return ticket when he flew out then.

Why would he want to leave late summer in New Zealand to come back to the cold UK?

Edited by Shads

To carry on with his racing career.

I think he's winding that down before he emigrates to NZ with his family

Edited by Shads

what a good result from rye last night. under valued team and will be there or there a bouts in the final run in . superstars ippo . not that good..

Nothing like a bit of fishing on a Sunday afternoon

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

:::::::

No Sleep Till Sunday!
The Restart Rockets’ new season may only just have started, but it is about to rev up to the max with three League Cup matches in as many days this week.
Thursday sees the Rockets head to Ipswich for a quick-fire return fixture against the team they edged 46-43 in last Saturday’s opener in Hoddesdon, while Friday keeps them in East Anglia at Peterborough, which of course was the venue for last season’s opening night away win.
The final match in the sequence takes the Hertfordshire club back to home turf for another cruncher on Saturday, this time against Somerset.
Rockets team manager John Sampford is determined to use the pluses from last Saturday’s victory as the foundation for the Rockets’ forthcoming marathon run. “Everyone contributed last Saturday, not just in terms of points scored but also in effort, and you can already see the team starting to gel. Virtually everyone had both good and poor rides, but that is what you would expect in an opener as the riders work to sort out their silencers.
“There’s no doubt that Thursday’s return match at Ipswich will be just as tough as Saturday’s, but we will certainly go there aiming for a positive result. You’ve got to aim high if you want to achieve.”
The following night’s meeting at Peterborough, meanwhile, will see 2011 Premier League Riders’ Champion Sam Masters drafted in as guest cover for Edward Kennett, who faces a doubling-up commitment at Elite League Lakeside that same evening.
Having tasted success at the fast, pacey East of England Showground a year ago, Sampford would love nothing more than to see a repeat performance from his new-look septet, and clearly believes they have the ammunition to achieve it. “Sam dropped just one point from four rides the last time he was at Peterborough in October, and he has made a strong start to this season, going well in the Ben Fund Meeting and Wolverhampton Olympique, and winning Theo Pijper’s Testimonial on Friday. Robin Aspegren has plenty of big track experience from his two seasons at Berwick, while both Steve Boxall and Luke Bowen have done well there. It will be a first visit there for Nikolaj (Busk Jakobsen) but he is settling in very quickly as last Saturday’s haul will tell you.”
Finally, it’s a case of returning to home comforts for Saturday’s huge fixture against Somerset. The Rebels – League Champions in 2013 – came within a race point of retaining their title last season, and have already shown early signs of their determination to regain the trophy with a 47-43 victory at Peterborough on Sunday.
Their side is headed by Josh Grajczonek, who has returned to the Oak Tree Arena after a year’s absence and produced a scintillating third-to-first performance to win Heat 15 and protect the Rebels’ advantage on Sunday. 18 year old Brady Kurtz was equally impressive at Peterborough, and should advance big time from 2014’s already impressive 7.72 average in his debut run in this country.
Elsewhere, Charles Wright has been a revelation since arriving in Somerset in mid-2013, while Richie Worrall is aiming to rebound after a tricky 2014 spent helming the No.1 position at Ipswich.
Completing the Rebel Army are long-time Ipswich and Lakeside star Leigh Lanham, 2010 Rocket Paul Starke and former Kent King Benji Compton, who looks set to be fit again after a nasty crash on Sunday.
Sampford recognises that “It’s going to be another tough fixture – they’ve put together another strong side and they’ve also got a good record around our circuit – but we’re determined to make sure they don’t improve it.
“Last Saturday’s victory over Ipswich meant a lot to the new owners, to Len (Silver), the boys and myself, and we’ll be looking to build on that positive start race-by-race and match-by-match.”
Saturday’s match at Rye House gets underway at 7pm sharp.
Admission: Adults £16, Seniors £14, Children (aged 12-16) £5, with Children under 12 FREE.

Len Silver's programme notes from Saturday state that if there is a clash the home side will take priority, although that was subject to BSPA approval.

I assume if both sides are away Eddie will ride for the Rockets as he is our rider.

I always read the forum but this is my first post as I to am upset re Eddie riding for Lakeside on Friday. I have re-read the SCB rules and my understanding of them is he should be riding for us as he is our asset. I have emailed Rye to ask for an explanation, hopefully I will get one and if I do and am still unhappy I will be emailing the SCB. If people on this thread also think he should be at Peterborough please email Rye as well, its about time us fans are listened to we have been taken for granted for too long its no wonder supporters are turning away in their droves from this brilliant family friendly sport.