British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

I reckon the entertainment value and variety in the PL trumps the EL...just my opinion of course.

Berwick and Sheffield look good but I'll always have a soft spot for Rye House as it is where I first saw speedway, back in 1960.

Anyone fancy being this years featured fan in the Speedway Star Rockets Preview?

All you have to do is give your views on the season ahead.

If you're up for it drop me an e-mail at marvotm@gmail.com

Cheers

Pete

Thanks now have someone, read all about it on the 4th April!

Cheers

Pete

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE::

:::::::

Press and Practice Reminder
The Rockets’ 2015 Pre-Season Press and Practice Day takes place at Rye House Stadium next Monday, March 16th, with an 11am start. The team will be available for press interviews and photographs, with all supporters also welcome.
In addition to media work, Monday’s event will also take in an extended practice session, with team manager John Sampford admitting that he is particularly looking forward to seeing Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen on show at the Rye House circuit for the first time. “His World U-21 record speaks for itself, and I am really excited about watching him in action.
“Although Robin (Aspegren) has been here before with his previous clubs, he will also be determined to impress now that he has joined us. The rest of the team I already know pretty well.
“Although I already have a good idea of what the riding order will be for our opening night against Ipswich on the Saturday (March 21st @7pm), it’s not set in concrete yet and I’ll be using Monday’s occasion to make a final decision.
“Like the team, I’m really looking forward to it. I’m rested and ready to go.”
A-Train Answers Back!
Returning Rye House star Anders Mellgren recently volunteered to go under the microscope for a recent Q&A session hosted by the Rockets’ Twitter account.
Below are some of the questions and answers tweeted. (Please note very minor grammatical changes to the original short posts in order to work within this expanded structure.)
Asked about his full-time return from the serious back accident he suffered a year ago, which also impacted on his curtailed initial comeback with the Rockets, the A-Train responded that “It was tough to come back from such a big one and I struggled with the pain to begin with, but it’s all good now again…. I’ve been putting the hours in at the gym all winter, so I’ve never been fitter.
“My equipment is as good…. I’ve (also) got a more experienced mechanic this year so it should all be on point before my first meeting.”
Asked separately whether he has managed any on-track practice this winter, he answered: “I’ve actually been riding a lot on the ice; it’s not the same feeling but it’s similar.”

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:::

::::::::

Restart Drinks to Sponsor Rye House Speedway Teams
Following the news that The Rye House stadium and ownership of the club has been taken over by Team BMR owner and driver Warren Scott, we are delighted to announce that Restart Drinks are to sponsor the Rye House Speedway Teams, Rye House Rockets and Rye House Raiders for 2015.
Restart Drinks have been associated with Team BMR British Touring Car Racing Team for the past few years and we welcome their commitment to sponsor the Rockets and Raiders Speedway Teams for the 2015 season.
Restart Drinks are well known for their natural ingredients and produce two varieties, Restart Revitalizer and Restart Pure Energy.
Restart Revitalizer is an important source of ingredients that are needed for your body to revitalize itself, containing honey, 10 vitamins, antioxidants, alpine water and fructose for that revitalizing effect.
Restart Pure Energy is a natural energy drink that supplies necessary power and energy on a natural basis with no artificial stimulants like taurine and caffeine and containing an exceptional composition of herbs and vitamins.
Warren commented “I am extremely excited about this year’s prospects in both the National and Premier League. Both Len and Andrew Silver have worked tirelessly over the winter months, securing what we believe to be really great teams. It is great to be working with Len and Andrew with their vast wealth of experience, expertise, and knowledge that they bring to the Rye House Rockets and Rye House Raiders teams.”
Warren continued to say “After being held back somewhat during the winter due to the wet weather, we are pleased that the majority of the ground works are now in place. We are looking forward to witnessing the ongoing improvements at the stadium that we envisage will be complete mid-season”.
The Rockets have their press day on Monday, March 16 and commence their season on Saturday, March 21 with a league cup home match against Ipswich.
The Raiders begin their season with a home match against Mildenhall Fen Tigers on Saturday, April 4. However before then, on Saturday, March 14, they stage their press and practice day at the stadium.
To catch up on all the action on the speedway teams and a full list of fixtures please visitwww.ryehouserockets.co and www.ryehouseraiders.co.
For further information on Restart Drinks, please visit www.restartdrinks.co.uk.

Yep. Sad, but no other option if silver won't sell up. Would rather the club be put out of its misery than carry on like this.

If only a Matt Ford/ John Chapman type could come forward and buy it off Silver.

Chris has been very critical of the Rye House set up in the past, some quite rightly so, but I’ve not seen any positive comments from him re the new look Rye House. Perhaps we do now have the right people now at Rye. I think the new gaffer could well be the next Matt Ford or Buster Chapman but of course only time will tell.

I feel rejuvenated by all the positive changes I’ve read about Rye House in 2015. New owner, Andrew running the NL side, trackside improvements for the spectators, team Kevlar’s, all making the Rockets and Raiders look extremely professional.

All we need now is the presentation at the start of the meeting with a full parade of riders, throw in a roving reporter in the pits to assist Craig Saul, draught beer and decent fish back and I might even become a happy chappy and not have any Victor Meldrew moments. Have the return of a Supporters Club, have raffle ticket sellers walking around the stadium selling tickets, a revamped programme, oh my……..

Okay some on my wish list I know won’t happen. Len was far from happy regarding the Supporters Club, that’s history now, but given that I think Andrew will follow in his father’s footsteps in due course I think there is optimism for Rye Houses future.

I'd say you're right Dave. Yes, the place resembled a bit of a rubbish hole the now but regulars will notice the improvements inside already. The raiders honestly looked very smart and I imagine the rockets will be very similar. The only thing to be very careful of is the car park which in all honesty is the worst it's ever been right now... drive faster than 5mph and you'll be lucky not to lose a tyre!

The car park! I drive in there every meeting, yes it’s awful. The massive hole at the entrance from Rye Road is so deep and I’m sure many a car has scrapped there sump when either entering or leaving. When it resembles a lake that’s when it’s probably at its worst. The go kart people have their own little road, but the entrance affects them to. I’m surprised the ambulance people haven’t said under Health & Safety it needs to be at least filled in. Worst case scenario if a go-kart driver or speedway rider had spine injuries that’s the last thing they need to be going over. I would have thought Len would have sorted that years ago, but it does raise a question who’s responsible for the entrance? The pub use the car park as do there deliveries I think, as do the speedway and of course the entry for the go karts. Surely they could all put a few quid to at least improve the entry.