British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

I wouldn't say that the owners have got under my skin more the fans that class themselves as the man city of speedway and because they money they will automatically win everything. It's a good thing they have money though it gives them a better chance of actually beating us for a change believe it or not it does get a bit boring gubbing them every second week. ;)

In other words rather than you trapping off with smugness one or two of them are......best not dish it out if you can't take it ;)

• Like 1

It was a general point about Glasgow really, if Garrity has been tapped up and jumped ship accordingly then that is of course pretty poor form. But its a pity people are jealous of the money which has come into Glasgow rather than being pleased for the sport as a whole. Its a British trait unfortunately.

Surely the money Glasgow now seem to have is good news for other clubs, for example so far the money they have spent on Summers and Lawson has been good news for Redcar and Workington as it has brought money into those clubs, maybe Rye House are next.

Surely the money Glasgow now seem to have is good news for other clubs, for example so far the money they have spent on Summers and Lawson has been good news for Redcar and Workington as it has brought money into those clubs, maybe Rye House are next.

Now that Silver no longer has to pay for the upkeep of the stadium that is good news indeed

A fit Mellgren will contribute more than a talented, but half arsed Garrity. I think Rye have quite a good team, they are stronger now than when they signed their original 1-7.

A fit Anders Mellgren could and should attain a 7+ point average

Of course, had forgotten the Friday night clash. Glasgow's new owners seem to have got under your skin anyway, you haven't shut up about their wealth since they popped up :D great to see a bit of money and ambition come into our sport if you ask me.

With a blue eye and a yellow eye that makes him a green eyed monster. :approve:

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that the owners have got under my skin more the fans that class themselves as the man city of speedway and because they money they will automatically win everything. It's a good thing they have money though it gives them a better chance of actually beating us for a change believe it or not it does get a bit boring gubbing them every second week. ;)

You are having a laugh Blob man the Man City bit never came from our side look closer to home and after reading some off the drivel you post about you were told this & that about Glasgow then yes you appear to be more concerned about us rather than your own lot smugville.com.

I really couldn't care less what your lot do or don't do i am just glad we have some stability for a change instead of the uncertainty every close season you would think rather than continually criticise what we do or demean the fact that we are spending money you would have more to say about what your own promotion have done in building another on paper strong team.

Tiresome very Tiresome.

Anyway why bring us into it on a Rye Thread you really are obsessed about all thing's Glasgow the number off times you post about us on Threads not concerning us is Laughable.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

I am not sure if Garrity can join Glasgow or not as I thought there was a ruling that elite league clubs were not able to have both fast track riders from the same premier league team. This was to prevent clubs having to have two guests at reserve

Obviously James Sargeant is already signed up at Glasgow & Coventry

You are having a laugh Blob man the Man City bit never came from our side look closer to home and after reading some off the drivel you post about you were told this & that about Glasgow then yes you appear to be more concerned about us rather than your own lot smugville.com.

I really couldn't care less what your lot do or don't do i am just glad we have some stability for a change instead of the uncertainty every close season you would think rather than continually criticise what we do or demean the fact that we are spending money you would have more to say about what your own promotion have done in building another on paper strong team.

Tiresome very Tiresome.

Anyway why bring us into it on a Rye Thread you really are obsessed about all thing's Glasgow the number off times you post about us on Threads not concerning us is Laughable.

The Glasgow promotion described themselves as the Man City of speedway when they took over. It was in your local paper because I laughed that when Man City were taken over nobody said, "We'll join league one, the average league in the football structure" :D

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/glasgow-tigers-investors-ready-make-4891853

I am not sure if Garrity can join Glasgow or not as I thought there was a ruling that elite league clubs were not able to have both fast track riders from the same premier league team. This was to prevent clubs having to have two guests at reserve

Obviously James Sargeant is already signed up at Glasgow & Coventry

Sarj is owned by Coventry so he'll not miss any meetings. And Both of Kings Lynns rode for Newcastle last season.

Edited by SCB

Tiresome very Tiresome.

Now now gaz mate calm down!

The Man City thing did come from your side. Also I never started talking about your lot first I replied to a post about your lot. To finish all well is fine in the smug camp nothing to stress or talk about!

Garrity has said on Facebook that he only wants to ride for Coventry this year so doesn't sound like he has left Rye Hoyse for another PL club

I don't know the rule on fast track riders because, as far as I am aware, this hasn't been put to the test yet but, is it permissible to have a fast track rider without a PL or NL team place?

I don't know the rule on fast track riders because, as far as I am aware, this hasn't been put to the test yet but, is it permissible to have a fast track rider without a PL or NL team place?

What's to stop a fast draft rider losing his PL or NL place once he starts racing.

Didn't some riders sign for their EL club before they had found a PL or NL place?

Edited by mdmc82

The Glasgow promotion described themselves as the Man City of speedway when they took over. It was in your local paper because I laughed that when Man City were taken over nobody said, "We'll join league one, the average league in the football structure" :D

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/glasgow-tigers-investors-ready-make-4891853

Don't read that gutter press very few up here do there sales have plummeted but a tongue in cheek comment. Still the reference Mr B made was the Fan's are making the comparison which it is clearly not and that is what riles him not to be taken seriously and it's no wonder it made you laugh.

Now now gaz mate calm down!

The Man City thing did come from your side. Also I never started talking about your lot first I replied to a post about your lot. To finish all well is fine in the smug camp nothing to stress or talk about!

Perfectly calm I just cannot get my head round why you continually feel the need to bring Glasgow Speedway into almost every post you make there is nothing wrong with banter but some off the gash you have spouted is bordering on me having to bring an in-junction out against you.

The last bit off the sentence was merely a joke before anyone goes off on one But why did you feel the need to involve Glasgow on a Rye Thread you don't hide your Dis-like off Glasgow which is fair enough but your obsession is poor at best predictable but poor all the same I will leave this thread to the Club it was Started for RYE HOUSE rant over.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1