British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

Depends who's in to replace him. Tyson Nelson on his Aussie Champs form would be a match winner

I watched Tyson at Gillman and Mildura in the Aussie titles and on that form I would want him in

my side.

I believe most of his issues were when he was a little younger, people grow up and in my opinion he deserves his chance.

Junior

• Like 2

I watched Tyson at Gillman and Mildura in the Aussie titles and on that form I would want him in

my side.

I believe most of his issues were when he was a little younger, people grow up and in my opinion he deserves his chance.

Junior

I agree

Ed K - Confident and classy for the PL, tried 100% every race I saw him in last season

Jason G and Nelson - Excitement but inconsistent

Kasper - Excitement if he can get away from the line

Jakobsen - Wild Card (hopefully another Linus)

Luke - Dependable

Steve B - With good machinery and a bit of application, worth his place in the team.

Overall and without injuries, could be very strong at home and maybe get the odd point at away tracks.

Lots of ifs and buts, but being ever the optimist (unlike Shads, lol) I hope we can be mid-table vying for one of the minor play off spots.

• Like 1

Lots of ifs and buts, but being ever the optimist (unlike Shads, lol) I hope we can be mid-table vying for one of the minor play off spots.

The difference between us is I post on here when sober ;)

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Could he have got into the country in the first place by flying in from Germany, instead of direct from Australia?

Sheffield initially brought him over, so they'll know.

Took a drive past Rye Stadium this afternoon. Work on the 3rd/4th bends is cracking on. The seating has been removed and it looks like they're raising the terrace banking, so they'll be a better view over the air fence

• Like 2

Sheffield initially brought him over, so they'll know.

Took a drive past Rye Stadium this afternoon. Work on the 3rd/4th bends is cracking on. The seating has been removed and it looks like they're raising the terrace banking, so they'll be a better view over the air fence

Sounds good! I know this is the wrong thread Shads but with your inside info :P do you have any news on NL riders for Rye?

Sounds good! I know this is the wrong thread Shads but with your inside info :P do you have any news on NL riders for Rye?

My inside info? Don't know where you got that idea from!!

Press release.

Robin Flies to Rockets Rescue

Robin Aspegren has been named as the final part of a re-jigged 2015 line-up for Rye House following the rejection of Tyson Nelsons working visa application.

Rockets promoter Len Silver moved rapidly to capture the Swedes signature following the news on Nelson, a move which hands Aspegren a return to these shores after a seasons absence. The 25 year old was last here as a two year Berwick Bandit, and has also seen action with Newport and Elite League Swindon.

Subject to BSPA sanction of the re-declaration, he will come in on an average of 6.39, which is actually higher than Nelsons 6.16 but still brings the team in below the 42.50 limit. but only just, at 42.49.

It is the latest off-track blow, meanwhile, for Tyson, who has previously sat out the 2012 and 2014 British seasons with visa issues and very recently impressed with an excellent 7th place finish in the Australian National Championship series. Still an exciting prospect at just 21, it now remains to be seen whether he will have the opportunity to display his no-fear riding style again in this country.

Promoter Silver, in turn, is relieved to put the last few days behind him, having worked franticly from his Silver Ski winter base in the French Alps to fill the sudden unexpected void in his team. I am very excited by the inclusion of Robin Aspegren in our side, but of course highly disappointed that we will not enjoy the spectacle provided by Tyson Nelson. Both Ty and myself were completely devastated when we got the news of another refused visa.

As soon as I had got over the shock of the news, work started on finding a replacement and when I discovered that Robin was available and only racing in

Sweden on Tuesdays, I did not hesitate to contact him. I am happy to report that I reached agreement with the rider within two phone calls - each one at the end of a fast downhill ski run in the company of Luke Bowen and Jason Garrity here in the French Alps. So it was a very satisfactory morning all round!

The re-declared line-up has been submitted to the BSPA for approval and is the closest the Rockets have ever been to the 42.50 points limit, the whole seven adding up to 42.49. Im hoping that could be a positive omen for the season.

Revised 2015 Rye House team:

Edward Kennett (8.38), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (assessed 7.00), Jason Garrity (6.75), Robin Aspegren (6.39), Steve Boxall (5.36), Kasper Lykke (4.65), Luke Bowen (3.96). Overall team total: 42.49.