British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

Fans are fed up with the crap teams Silver has been putting out Shadders. Seeing other clubs teams, they look exciting. My veiws.

Kennett isn't a outstanding number one.

Garrity will he or won't he turn up and can he be bothered.

Nelson I really don't rate, sorry to say. Was he really that good in 2013?

Bowen, well a good move to go NL, it may help his form in the PL but I fear not.

Boxall, oh dear. Crap bikes and will 2015 be any different?

Kasper, well let's hope he improves

As for the newbe, a lot is on his shoulders.

The team in my veiw depends far to much on every rider improving. The 3 heatleaders, may well be good second strings and that's the worrying thing. Let's hope I totally wrong and they do really well.

I agree, looks a poor side on paper. Guarantee it won't bring the fans flooding back, but it is what it is. I can't believe Silver really thinks this side is capable of winning anything. Should bring us a few more home wins this time though, but probably sod all away

Can see this side getting beat at home a good few times. Certainly shoudnt fill anyone with any confidence. If Jakobsen can't live up to at the least his average then its a bottom of the table side again. The old boy really has no idea building sides. Looking at other sides now being assembled, it shows how poor it is.

• Like 1

Kennett was the only positive from the side that started last season for me. He did do the job of a number one but the team was too weak for him to carry it.

I can see the same happening this year. As I said before there are too many question marks. I fear for us going away to places like Sheffield, Peterborough and Workington as we'll be lucky to pick up more than a point or two from reserve.

Can't blame Greenwood for going to Somerset to be honest, did we even make him an offer though?

Looking at some of the sides declared already I'm fearful for this season.

• Like 1

Going by the comments on this thread if I was running the Bend 4 Trackshop I would be stocking up on some Wooden Spoons engraved with " Rockets 2014/5 Double winners". Could be their biggest sellers.

Come on people, give the guys a chance, nobody has turned a wheel yet and we all know how the perfect team on paper can be decimated by injury in the first meeting of the season. The team is what it is, so let's get behind them and who knows what could be achieved. Could be Silver Spoons instead of Wooden ones. Oops unintended pun there.

Edited by Oafski

I really do think we are being too negative. Come on if the guys read this stuff it will send an awful signal. Lets give them a chance. We all start on the same points limit and at least we have nearly filled our quota. We have strong experienced reserves and huge potential in the engine room.

I really do think we are being too negative. Come on if the guys read this stuff it will send an awful signal. Lets give them a chance. We all start on the same points limit and at least we have nearly filled our quota. We have strong experienced reserves and huge potential in the engine room.

They're sportsmen, criticism is part of the job. The criticism is more levelled at the promotion however for yet again giving us a mediocre looking line up.

It may be part of the job but they are still human. Higher profile sportsmen or women than them have had careers that have suffered by having their confidence destroyed.

The reality is that bar the newbie they are all on averages that can be improved and in most cases considerably. Getting off to a good start is vital.

• Like 1

It may be part of the job but they are still human. Higher profile sportsmen or women than them have had careers that have suffered by having their confidence destroyed.

The reality is that bar the newbie they are all on averages that can be improved and in most cases considerably. Getting off to a good start is vital.

Every sports person is human, their profile is irrelevant. They earn a living paid for by supporters going through the turnstiles and the least supporters should be allowed to do is voice their opinion. If the riders don't like it, don't read the forum. Higher profile sportspeople receive criticism in a far wider range of ways and the measure of them is how they deal with it. Nothing is different with a speedway rider.

The reality is that six of the riders in this season's line up have been Rockets before and all bar one (Kennett) have fallen short in their last spells with the club respectively. They are on the averages they are on for a reason.

• Like 1