British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

Think your a bit harsh on Bunyan. Always been a big track man and certainly slick tracks aren't his cuppa tea. If he don't score points he don't get paid. Having seen his anger at Sheffield for not being included in heat 15 says it all for me. It's a shame coz he isn't a bad rider, but having fallen out with Len (one of many of course) over the Rye track amongst other things you can see why he isn't in the 2015 Rye team. No thanks from Len for his effort this last year and as he was a former skipper speaks volumes for me.

Edited by Dave Stummings

Think your a bit harsh on Bunyan. Always been a big track man and certainly slick tracks aren't his cuppa tea. If he don't score points he don't get paid. Having seen his anger at Sheffield for not being included in heat 15 says it all for me. It's a shame coz he isn't a bad rider, but having fallen out with Len (one of many of course) over the Rye track amongst other things you can see why he isn't in the 2015 Rye team. No thanks from Len for his effort this last year and as he was a former skipper speaks volumes for me.

Rye hasn't shrunk in size nor in the amount of dirt on the track since he came. His choice to be in the team and yes there are two sides to every story, his body language from mid season said it all. Just because you don't get heat fifteen is hardly a reason to throw a strop lasting the rest of the season. A very talented rider who seems to have been around forever but one who's 2014 average tells the story. Sadly he seems to get the support that Richie Hawkins never got in his time at Rye and looking at the two I know which one I would have rather had last season

Very underrated people forget he achieved 8.25 average for Stoke In 2008 from Number One

One of my fave riders for sure

Think you hit the nail on the head, he's not underrated which is is why his showing of last season is so disappointing way under a five point average mostly from reserve

Is Andrew going to be team manager I wonder in the near future. Interesting press release

Make It a Date. a Week Earlier!

Rye House promoter Len Silver has brought forward the Rockets opening home fixture in 2015 by some seven days in order to help accommodate what is set to be a busy racing programme across both Premier and National League levels.

The new date is Saturday, March 21st, with Silver noting, While the opposition is yet to be confirmed at this stage, I can announce that we will be going straight into official League Cup action that night.

Looking forward beyond that, and with a view to the clubs application to also join the National League which will be heard at that tiers AGM on December 9th, he adds that We are looking for the Raiders first home League fixture to be on Saturday, May 2nd, with their second as part of a Bank Holiday Monday double header two days later alongside a Rockets match.

Talking of the Raiders, Silvers son Andrew a former Rocket and England international is set to take over the running of that side, which is expected to include several promising teenagers recruited from the tracks Sunday Training School. Says Silver Sr., Those actually chosen for the team will be the pick of this winters trainees. and several are already looking good prospects.

Andrew will be attending the National League promoters meeting at Rugby on the 9th, and I can tell you he is already looking forward to challenging Eastbourne new boy Martin Dugard a long-time contemporary and racing friend to produce the better team!

Edited by Dave Stummings
  • Like 2

For me the best news for years is that Andrew is really becoming hands on at Rye. No better person to run the NL team and perhaps it marks the beginning of a new era at Rye House.

Think it would be brilliant if he continued on as PL Promoter one day in the near future, just the kick up the backside the club needs, though I'm sure there are doubters on here who will say it would be more of the same old clique.

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 1

No old clique comments from me. Think Andrew is a legend and as from a tutoring perspective worked wonders with Nelson.

Perhaps he can sort out Kaspers gating

Don't know if you would want to it was much more enjoyable watching him reel people in and weave his way through.

I'd rather he gated and scored loads of points

Probably right but his point scoring wasn't to shabby even with the inability to gate.

He was a bit rash diving into the bends in his first season. Hopefully he's learned to be patient and pick his moments.

Surely gating 2nd and passing for 1st is better than gating 4th and passing for 3rd?!

He was in general gating 4th but winning heat 2 90% off the time scoring well in other heats also never seen him in his first season at Rye but as Shads has said hopefully he has matured in his decision making with his season with us I certainly bar the odd once or twice never saw anything rash hard but never rash.

His gating will improve maybe never be a Tai from the gate but should improve.

He was in general gating 4th but winning heat 2 90% off the time scoring well in other heats also never seen him in his first season at Rye but as Shads has said hopefully he has matured in his decision making with his season with us I certainly bar the odd once or twice never saw anything rash hard but never rash.

His gating will improve maybe never be a Tai from the gate but should improve.

Tai was never known as a gater at Rye to be fair.

Kasper is a hard rider which is positive. From his last spell at Rye my only criticism other than his poor gating would be that he doesn't like to try the outside and just plugs away trying to push the bloke infront out of the way. That may have changed last season of course.

Tai was never known as a gater at Rye to be fair.

Kasper is a hard rider which is positive. From his last spell at Rye my only criticism other than his poor gating would be that he doesn't like to try the outside and just plugs away trying to push the bloke infront out of the way. That may have changed last season of course.

Kasper did try the outside a couple of times at the end of last season, but he didn't look all that comfortable doing it , but still got points. He got rider of the year at Glasgow due to his commitment and entertainment, if he could gate he would be averaging over 9 points, he is so fast when out front . I was disappointed that he was not In Glasgow's plans this season and hope he does well for you .
  • Like 2

Still waiting for news on Tyson Nelsons visa application

I'm sure it will be okay, Len filled it in with a different colour crayon this year :lol: and in big big letters for our friends in the Phillipines. Where visas are now processed.

I notice that team mates as expected riding 4 and 5 do not race together. Not to much team riding there methinks )))