British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2015

http://speedwayuniverse.com/nikolaj-busk-jakobsen/

Little bit about him, remember watching a couple of meetings online, and had a decent style, but Pavlova looked alright abroad, and look how he turned out for Glasgow. I think Rye House will be a top half team with that line up.

Thanks for that. Seems inconsistent in some meetings, but is there and there a bouts with some decent young riders. If he clicks, the Rye team could be competitive both at home and away. Definitely a better team than 2014.

I may not have watched Rye like you guys but I think you're going b bit over the top with the negativity. Ok so they won't win the league but you won't finish bottom again. Not signing Greenwood is a mistake but he's on a very attractive average so can basically go where he wants. Kennett is a decent number 1 at this level and if he shows the form that he did guesting for Poole at the end of last season, he'll add a little to his average. Jakobsen seems a decent enough rider (certainly a lot better than Scunthorpe's 7.00 man) with potential and probably won't hit the ground running but I expect him to be averaging 7 to 8 later into the season. Garrity should continue to push on and if he focuses on the PL, should be the second heat leader you're missing. Him and Nelson are at least entertaining riders and Nelson should retain his average. Boxall as a second string is a good signing, especially at home and he might even have a spell at reserve. There's the usual issue of his equipment but even if it's at this year's standard, he's not going to get worse. I think the reserve pairing is good. Greenwood should be there but if Bowen had to be back he's at least on a very good average and will be one of the stronger 'junior' reserves in the league and even if he doesn't score great away, based on Lykke's form last year the Dane will do the points scoring on the race . If Bowen heads up the Raiders team it should only make him improve by giving him some confidence and cash. It's hard to judge when you don't know any other teams, but it looks midtable to just above.

• Like 1

i cannot understand all the negativity on this thread - I thought uncle Len was going all out in 2015 to win the PL! :t:

What you doing here again on a non Panther thread. You told me it was trolling and had nothing to do with me. :nono::D

• Like 1

I was expecting something a bit more radical, especially with all the talk of new sponsors etc...

Dunno this new Danish kid, hope he can gate.

Surprised to see Kasper back, especially after his comments regarding the track when he was a guest towards the end of last season. Glasgow fans love him, I was expecting to see him back there.

Disappointed not to see Olly Greenwood back, I thought he'd progressed nicely last year. He'll do a good job for someone. Whispers of Danny King were pie in the sky. I couldn't see how we could fit him in without leaving a very long tail.

Happy to see Jason Garrity back, even though he infuriated for most of the year, on his day he's very entertaining.

Can't see any improvement in Steve Boxall I'm afraid. Too often let down by poor machinery. I've given up hoping he'll get that sorted.

Edward is a no brainer, he'll retain that average no bother.

Hopefully Nelson gets his visa sorted sooner rather than later, or we'll be scrambling around for a late replacement in March again.

Luke, well I'm surprised to see him back. I thought he'd call it a day after his testimonial. If he can stay at reserve he'll pile up the points at home.

All in all I've got to say I'm quite underwhelmed

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

So you reserve judgment on your own unknown foreign youngster but other teams are all rubbish because you look at their stats overseas!!

Not at all. I don't think Jakobsen will meet his average, I said as much in the post you quoted. I never said Lunna was rubbish either but by all means catastrophize.

Not at all. I don't think Jakobsen will meet his average, I said as much in the post you quoted. I never said Lunna was rubbish either but by all means catastrophize.

You said he will do well to make a 3 so why not get a Brit 3pt rider instead!

You also said jakobsen will not meet 7 which is a lot different.

I can look at stats too and jakobsen started well last year then struggled. He also finished second to pavalora who got a max in u19 semi but you were certain on his average ability!

As I said in scunny thread until these riders get over here on different tracks different riders and conditions and have some races then we don't know how they will do. They could flop or become a heat leader straight away

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

You said he will not make a 3 so why not get a Brit 3pt rider instead!

You also said jakobsen will not meet 7 which is a lot different.

I can look at stats too and jakobsen started well last year then struggled. He also finished second to pavalora who got a max in u19 semi but you were certain on his average ability!

As I said in scunny thread until these riders get over here on different tracks different riders and conditions and have some races then we don't know how they will do. They could flop or become a heat leader straight away

Which I do agree with. You can't compare Jakobsen and Palovaara on just one meeting though.

Using a low averaged assessed rider from overseas is more likely to displace a young Brit from a team spot than using an assessed rider on a seven point figure. Look at Palovaara and Konopka, they'll both probably be in Premier League reserve spots next year, why them and not say Sarjeant and Clegg for instance who are probably every bit as good on track.

My views on assessed riders haven't changed because we have signed one, I'd personally like to see assessed riders revert to their assessed figure if they don't meet it across the season.

• Like 1

Which I do agree with. You can't compare Jakobsen and Palovaara on just one meeting though.

Using a low averaged assessed rider from overseas is more likely to displace a young Brit from a team spot than using an assessed rider on a seven point figure. Look at Palovaara and Konopka, they'll both probably be in Premier League reserve spots next year, why them and not say Sarjeant and Clegg for instance who are probably every bit as good on track.

My views on assessed riders haven't changed because we have signed one, I'd personally like to see assessed riders revert to their assessed figure if they don't meet it across the season.

I can agree with some of that but you have to give the rider the chance first like us with lunna and you jakobsen and see how they do. If they were a second year rider down that low then yes I would agree they would shouldn't displace a British youngster but that does depend on what the British youngster is demanding!!

The promoters have to live by decisions like this after rules changed to stop them being dropped after a few meetings if poor before they get the lower average to stop a fresh up to 7pt rider replacing them so you would think they would do a bit of research first like rob Godfrey did and had lunna over here practising. (Just don't pick riders Glasgow do as their Aussie and European youngster record has not been good lately!!)

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet
  • Like 1

I was expecting something a bit more radical, especially with all the talk of new sponsors etc...

Dunno this new Danish kid, hope he can gate.

Surprised to see Kasper back, especially after his comments regarding the track when he was a guest towards the end of last season. Glasgow fans love him, I was expecting to see him back there.

Disappointed not to see Olly Greenwood back, I thought he'd progressed nicely last year. He'll do a good job for someone. Whispers of Danny King were pie in the sky. I couldn't see how we could fit him in without leaving a very long tail.

Happy to see Jason Garrity back, even though he infuriated for most of the year, on his day he's very entertaining.

Can't see any improvement in Steve Boxall I'm afraid. Too often let down by poor machinery. I've given up hoping he'll get that sorted.

Edward is a no brainer, he'll retain that average no bother.

Hopefully Nelson gets his visa sorted sooner rather than later, or we'll be scrambling around for a late replacement in March again.

Luke, well I'm surprised to see him back. I thought he'd call it a day after his testimonial. If he can stay at reserve he'll pile up the points at home.

All in all I've got to say I'm quite underwhelmed

Well if all else fails you can all have a dance with the new Danish guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbEOIxfjBQ

Well if all else fails you can all have a dance with the new Danish guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbEOIxfjBQ

Good to see a rider doing a good routine. Reminds me of Bjarne Pedersen when he first came across with a good routine, not as 'dancey' as this one, but very professional and really in the zone.

Got to say we have become a miserable bunch. I think it's a mistake not having Oliver for Luke but actually that is nt the worst team at all. Don't forget boxall rode as our second heat leader for the first half of the season and JG was coming back from a seasons lay off. The new Dane looks a good prospect and nelson is always good value. Two strings reserve too.

• Like 1

Got to say we have become a miserable bunch. I think it's a mistake not having Oliver for Luke but actually that is nt the worst team at all. Don't forget boxall rode as our second heat leader for the first half of the season and JG was coming back from a seasons lay off. The new Dane looks a good prospect and nelson is always good value. Two strings reserve too.