British Speedway Forum

Speedway Promoter Game?

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Hi I've just found my copy of Speedway Promoter on floppy disk. Only problem now no floppy disk drive. Has anyone managed to transfer the floppy disk files to a laptop running Win XP. If so I presume you used a Floppy Disk Reader can anyone recommend a FDR that would do the job. Would be great if I could play Speedway Promoter after all these years. Remember it being about the best Speedway management game then or since. Thanks.

The problem may be that the floppy is no longer readable if it's more than a few years old and depending on how it was stored. 

• 4 months later...

Came upon this thread during a long odyssey to find a copy of Speedway Promoter. 

We played this game religiously as teens, and despite the limitations, was an absolute cracker. Many a late Friday night after a meeting at Oxford spent on this beauty.

Looks like it’s been a while since this thread was updated, but if anybody has a copy of the files that they’d be willing to share, we’d be made up. 

Edited by Lghornets
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is plenty of scope for a speedway game - Speedway challenge on Android / Iphone is a decent effort. With the success and support of the sport in Poland no doubt a Football Manager type game with graphics like the phone game would work or go the alternative route and full interaction and racing mode like MotoGP or MotoX games would succeed to a degree. 

On 4/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, Lghornets said:

Came upon this thread during a long odyssey to find a copy of Speedway Promoter. 

We played this game religiously as teens, and despite the limitations, was an absolute cracker. Many a late Friday night after a meeting at Oxford spent on this beauty.

Looks like it’s been a while since this thread was updated, but if anybody has a copy of the files that they’d be willing to share, we’d be made up. 

I had a copy and never got it to work, something that would work on a modern pc/laptop/tablet would be amazing..

There are Youtube guides on how to get the old Championship Manager games and the library that you can choose from looks extensive, could be worth looking at those process' to see if its available, I'll post the link if I can dig it out

For those looking for a speedway game, speedway challenge 22 is available on the App Store/Google play. On speedway challenge you can play as a rider starting your career, a manger or online 

Hello all, how is everyone? Can someone please help me out again. Heres the story

Iv bought a new laptop, after losing or having my other stolen, and lost the contents too, so i now have a new laptop with absolutely no SP files of any kind, id love to get the game going again so would anyone be able to help me out at all? 
Obviously id fire anyone who can a few quid for the trouble

All the best

Rob 

• 1 year later...