British Speedway Forum

Speedway Promoter Game?

On 6/29/2020 at 7:39 PM, SWhitton said:

I did to start with but then just saved it without amending it, on game it loads is a 2 player career and that's on all 4 saves 

For some of reason it doesn't like the saves being renamed. you will find the save file names it needs in the names.dat file

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there,

Its been  long time i know since someone has commented on this thread. 

I really miss this game i brought it when it first came out but can't ind my copy anywhere, i don't suppose someoen still has a copy that they are happy to share with me?

Long shot i know but i thought id ask

Many thanks 

P

• 2 weeks later...

Amazed at the work put in on this thread.  

Excellent stuff.

I feel I'm almost there now but still having the same problem as SWhitton above?

The white screen and every subsequent screen overlaps the previous one rendering it unplayable?  Seems like its within touching distance but still agonizingly out of reach!! :(

45 minutes ago, le sorcier said:

Excellent stuff.

I feel I'm almost there now but still having the same problem as SWhitton above?

The white screen and every subsequent screen overlaps the previous one rendering it unplayable?  Seems like its within touching distance but still agonizingly out of reach!! :(

task manager and close the program down then try again. 

kept happening to alot of us

On 1/16/2021 at 11:02 AM, le sorcier said:

Excellent stuff.

Have now tried this on 3 different laptops and all have the same problem? 

Anyone any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, ljriley90 said:

Hi All

Hope youguys are well, i just stumbled across the topic on the forum

I used to play this game every day back when it came out

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the game they'd be able to share with me? I'd pay you for your troubles

Just PM'd you

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2014 at 4:44 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's because it's actually difficult to do realistically and properly with all the different meeting types and formats, the sport does not especially lend itself to graphical representation, and there's virtually no hope of making a commercial return on such a small market. It has to be a labour of love, and few can make the necessary investment in time.

I downloaded an NFL head coaching game from Google Play and it's similar to the old Football Manager for the ZX Spectrum and it's very addictive. A speedway game doesn't need to be flashy with good graphics to be popular. 

20 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I downloaded an NFL head coaching game from Google Play and it's similar to the old Football Manager for the ZX Spectrum and it's very addictive. A speedway game doesn't need to be flashy with good graphics to be popular. 

What's it called?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've just found my copy of Speedway Promoter on floppy disk. Only problem now no floppy disk drive. Has anyone managed to transfer the floppy disk files to a laptop running Win XP. If so I presume you used a Floppy Disk Reader can anyone recommend a FDR that would do the job. Would be great if I could play Speedway Promoter after all these years. Remember it being about the best Speedway management game then or since. Thanks.