British Speedway Forum

Poole V Swindon Weds 6th August 2014.

As a Brummies fan thought I would take in other race meets as am without a team now. Think a Robins fan I was chatting to summed it up well, swindon are consistently inconsistent!!! If they all fired think they could have grabbed a point. Batchelor & R Worrall were poor. Steve Worrall, North & Killer rode well. As for Poole, was surprised by Newman he is definitely better & quicker than I have ever seen him. Top 5 all look in form and Compton well bar his first ride looked slowest on show. Hope Greaves is ok, was on for some points tonight too. Not sure who to visit next well excluding a trip to monmore for the 4's.

Compton isnt going to win us the league only scored one on merit gifted the other 2 and johnson or hopwood could have done that. Not sure hopwood isnt the best of the three

You like other's have been a 6 man team for the whole season so will never understand the need to crap on a local lad like Brandan for a journeyman like Compton.

Over & out from me.

• Like 1

Poole walking the meeting & they still take Compton out of his 4th ride!!

Its been happening all season with the other reserve being dropped in favour of newman. No need when they are ahead by so many!! Really feel for brendan and hopwood. It seems newman getting a name for himself for moving at the starts, see mention of it on numerous occasions on updates!

Edited by Former devil
  • Like 1

I've only streamed meetings from Blunsdon this year and like Poole and countless other tracks (BV exluded) there seems to be very little exciting racing going on..

Gate and win (if you don't hit that bump)..

BTW Troy 1 from 4 tonight, you really do have to ask some questions there don't you..

Dakota North is better than Nick Morris.

..and everyone who posts on here is better than you.. :t:

• Like 2

True I bet Troy scores really well tomorrow

He will probably score well in Sweden and Poland tho. :rofl:

Surprised the size of defeat for the Robins. Another team to add to the Play Off scrap heap.

Well done on 3 points for Compton. 3 more than his predecessor. :neutral:

Gifted or not, the BSPA have sucked up to MF yet again and allowed this change to happen.

Just where is Phil Morris to explain how this has happened and the reasons?

Just where is the BSPA announcement of the change in rule?

Is that rustling i can hear??

Morris looks another one that's playing to MF instructions.

• Like 4

I can't believe people are complaining about the racing? Some terrific scraps and overtaking by Ward, Milik, Magic (what a heat 5 revelation!) and Josh in particular. Kildemand and North doing their best..

Plus a very large and appreciative crowd - lots of holidaymakers and many more than usual staying for the presentations at the end. Didn't see or hear (m)any Robins fans. Very surprised at the size of the scoreline but when your skipper has a mare and your guest doesn't perform you can't hope for much I guess!

Rider of the Night - Maciej Janowski!! (Just in case people don't know him, he's one of the 'flaky Poles' and Poole's weak link!!) :rofl:

• Like 1

Leave them alone mate, they are clearly embarised by there teams result. Tonight was probably the best meeting of the season so far with some very good racing, if your a poole fan, of course...Didn't somebody on here mention something along the lines of Poole will get a stuffing with those flakey poles!!!! oh dear, head bucket water springs to mind... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Another Brummie on holiday soaking up the sun and some good racing this evening. Darcy, Magic and Milik were different grade plus the all action Kildemand.

Pretty sure it should've been all four back in heat one and Magic was sublime in heat five, well, pretty sublime all night.

Highlight was heat fifteen with Darcy slowing and paving the way (with a nice, there you go, hand gesture) for Magic to round off his fine tally. Of course it will do Darcy's average no harm finishing second 😉.

Swindon, North and Kildemand apart, were poor with Batch needing an attitude transplant after giving up when last.

Chatted with a very nice Pirate about all sorts and took lots of condolences where my team are concerned.

Do hope Shamek is ok too following the terrible looking incident with the backstraight air fence, thank God we have them.

Despite all of the things that are said about Matt Ford and the shenanigans he may or may not pull, the guy clearly knows how to promote Speedway. I wish the Brummies promotion were of the same ilk on occasion.

Anyhow, back to the Midlands soon without a team to follow.

Well done Pirates.

Edited by Mini Jack
  • Like 3

Another Brummie on holiday soaking up the sun and some good racing this evening. Darcy, Magic and Milik were different grade plus the all action Kildemand.

Pretty sure it should've been all four back in heat one and Magic was sublime in heat five, well, pretty sublime all night.

Highlight was heat fifteen with Darcy slowing and paving the way (with a nice, there you go, hand gesture) for Magic to round off his fine tally. Of course it will do Darcy's average no harm finishing second .

Swindon, North and Kildemand apart, were poor with Batch needing an attitude transplant after giving up when last.

Chatted with a very nice Pirate about all sorts and took lots of condolences where my team are concerned.

Do hope Shamek is ok too following the terrible looking incident with the backstraight air fence, thank God we have them.

Despite all of the things that are said about Matt Ford and the shenanigans he may or may not pull, the guy clearly knows how to promote Speedway. I wish the Brummies promotion were of the same ilk on occasion.

Anyhow, back to the Midlands soon without a team to follow.

Well done Pirates.