British Speedway Forum

Poole V Swindon Weds 6th August 2014.

You keep on about we can't see on a screen the size of a 10p piece.Who does that? I watch it on a full screen.C'mon get with it,thought I was rubbish with technology. :P

Me....... whenever I can be bothered to watch. :neutral: So come on then spill the beans. How do you get full screen?

Nice to see there are still some decent genuine people from Poole,, not many mind, Some are so thick they can't see further than Matt Ford ego.

Had I have been Swindon's Promoter last night I would have turned up and then refused to ride.

Unless a stand is made against this rule manipulations, nothing will ever change.

Last night would have been the perfect opportunity to take a stand. The fact that it all went off with not a word said from Swindon shows that they're all as bad as each other and were all fully aware of the rule change and were happy with it.

Maybe behind the scenes all the promoters are happy with the rule change, it was all agreed behind closed doors before Poole moved in for Compton. The communication lag just makes it look horrendous.

Would love for a few promoters to come out and talk about it to be honest.

• Like 2

Last night would have been the perfect opportunity to take a stand. The fact that it all went off with not a word said from Swindon shows that they're all as bad as each other and were all fully aware of the rule change and were happy with it.

Maybe behind the scenes all the promoters are happy with the rule change, it was all agreed behind closed doors before Poole moved in for Compton. The communication lag just makes it look horrendous.

Really it is so sad, you would think with Poole's past record they would think twice about any controversy.Do they care? does Ford care? ( also this bloke is supposed to be a genius?). I don't know the ins/outs of this pathetic rule and also i could not care less but again Poole are involved.I am not anti Poole i love going there a great day out but every year there is a bad smell.Again there supporters are a decent people, i have spoke to aload over the years again though the sport really looks to be run a Micky mouse way. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

And a few poole bashers do the same.. Matt would have had it rubber stamped before he signed him.

You keep on about we can't see on a screen the size of a 10p piece.Who does that?I watch it on a full screen.C'mon get with it,thought I was rubbish with technology. :P

So come on then Einstien, how do you get full screen? Were waiting..

This is the first chance i have had to have my say.1 why did we even need to make a change in the first place,i have only read some of the posts but as someone has said most teams only have 6 riders anyway.I cant see Benji scoring any more than Brendan,Hopwood and Smart did so no real difference there.It does not make a lot of sense to me,but one thing does puzzle me is that Matt was to even think about it,but who high above gave the ok for the move to take place because your not telling me Phil Morris had anything to do with it, he does not have enough sway to make decisions like that.This must have come from the top but who.I want to win the league as much as any other fan from any other club,but not like this.

On too last nights meeting,some Swindon fans saying it was boring,really,the meeting i watched had plenty of overtaking and close racing.If that's boring you're watching the wrong sport.You need to look a bit closer to home if you want to have a go,is it just me or has Nick Morris stalled or just gone backwards,he is not showing the promise he was a year-18 months ago.And don't get me started on Batchelor what a disgrace he was last night.

• Like 6

A Poole fan, you could have fooled me!! The Good news is we do have plenty of riders that act well round KL!! ;)

Well, it could only happen at Poole... :o Give Bet365 customer services a ring, perhaps they could film from the centre of bends 1-2. The camera was in the corner of the pits, its the only decent vantage point, as Re-run film from the centre of the main grandstand. But then watching on a screen the size of a 10p piece nothings going to look good, not even at Swindon..

scottyfan said it

This is the first chance i have had to have my say.1 why did we even need to make a change in the first place,i have only read some of the posts but as someone has said most teams only have 6 riders anyway.I cant see Benji scoring any more than Brendan,Hopwood and Smart did so no real difference there.It does not make a lot of sense to me,but one thing does puzzle me is that Matt was to even think about it,but who high above gave the ok for the move to take place because your not telling me Phil Morris had anything to do with it, he does not have enough sway to make decisions like that.This must have come from the top but who.I want to win the league as much as any other fan from any other club,but not like this.

On too last nights meeting,some Swindon fans saying it was boring,really,the meeting i watched had plenty of overtaking and close racing.If that's boring you're watching the wrong sport.You need to look a bit closer to home if you want to have a go,is it just me or has Nick Morris stalled or just gone backwards,he is not showing the promise he was a year-18 months ago.And don't get me started on Batchelor what a disgrace he was last night.

Compton will not score 0 most weeks a few points could be crucial.

A very reasonable post. It is quite refreshing to hear the majority of Pirates fans on here feeing somewhat disconcerted about this weeks events.

Phil Morris certainly has had some input. As far as I know he is solely responsible for the FTR gradings, so he was the person who decided Benji should now be graded 25. Would be interesting to know who then implemented the cut-off at below 24?

Given that 3 weeks ago in the Speedway Star Middlo was complaining about how the rules prevented them from strengthening up it isn't too much to speculate where the motivation for the rule change came from.

As it stands we will complete the first season of FTR where every team bar one who has made a change has done so by using a replacement lower down the grades. Belle Vue are the only other team with a rider graded below 25 (Payne at 26) but can still only use riders below 26. So Poole are the only team who could possibly benefit from this change.

As for your other point regarding Nick Morris, as his Dad is a Heathen I've always hoped he would go to the very top in the sport, but I agree his progress seems to have stalled. Don't know what the problem is, maybe the new race formula doesn't help and maybe his home tracks aren't helping him develop, but I hope he can overcome his current difficulties and continue his progression.

• Like 1

Do you practice at being miserable Steve, or does it just come Naturally??

He made a statement which either you have chose to ignore, or buried your head and not answered.

Dont turn into Shovlar

There are decent Poole fans on here who seem quite ashamed their club is doing this sort of thing. You on the other hand think its great and generally mock others.

Is it Poole bashing if even your own supporters think its wrong? Lets see you have a pop at Dorset Delight!

• Like 1

Compton will not score 0 most weeks a few points could be crucial.

May not score zero there will be races just as there are with any meeting when you only have to complete the race to score points but he wont score many by beating another opposing rider. The difference in points between benji and brendan would be minimal. What Matt Ford has done is dumped a young local lad for a more experienced journeyman rider by way of a dodgy rule change which we all have to take the flak for,
  • Like 7

May not score zero there will be races just as there are with any meeting when you only have to complete the race to score points but he wont score many by beating another opposing rider. The difference in points between benji and brendan would be minimal. What Matt Ford has done is dumped a young local lad for a more experienced journeyman rider by way of a dodgy rule change which we all have to take the flak for,

spot on mate absolutly spot on.

explain it to starman before he drives everyone mad!

Compton is definitely an improvement on Brendan...

Good post though, much better :t:

I don't agree with it but he will score more points,this is where Ford falls down the fans take the s... yet 99 per cent of them are good decent loyal fans they don't deserve that.

spot on mate absolutly spot on.

explain it to starman before he drives everyone mad!

I dont know starman but im sure he knows just wont admit it. I dont mind admitting I dont like taking all the crap when my club makes decisions that I dont agree with. I feel let down but it wont stop me going to lakeside tomorrow and supporting my team and hope we win without any points from benji compton
  • Like 1

Compton is definitely an improvement on Brendan...

Of course he is, he is higher up the draft list. He was 15th till he suddenly dropped way down the list.

Pointing your finger in the wrong direction there fella!

Poole/BSPA AND Morris are all to blame.

Morris is in charge of the draft is he not?

There is no reason at all that Compton would SUDDENLY drop so many place from 15th to make this stinking move possible.

No statement, no explanation, no morals - for ALL involved.

Well said DD. Newman (like all the other top reserves) score ALL the points you need.

Smart should never have been picked they should have just picked a promising youngster they could show the ropes of professional racing too.

MF would have, for once, gained respect and plaudits if he did that.

He doesn't care about that, he doesn't care about the draft, he doesn't care about individual riders, he cares only about winning.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

They were not all happy with the rule change and didn't all support it.

• Like 1

Starman is just a very poor man's Steve Shovlar.

Not fair to starman.

Shovlar was a troll only her to inflame with the most ridiculous comments you will see and yes I reacted, but the forum as a whole is so much better without him. There are decent Poole fans on here.

Could you imagine the crap he would spout bout all this if he was still here lol

• Like 2