British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Pirates 4/8 (pk Is Back)

Woffy max in Poland yesterday and now back to his British form in a weak EL.

He is though steve. Woffy scored a max in Poland yesterday.

Ekstraliga is a 100 times stronger than the British EL.

Still hasn't won a race though.

This is not just a off night for Woffy though is it? You and I have both said he has been poor this year.

What by leaving the whole track wide open for the Poole riders.

Another Woffy interview :rolleyes:

Not hatred I just don't understand how Chris Louis keeps showing us Tai's races over and over again. There is no need to show them he has been rubbish again why not interview Milik or Thorssell or someone else who has actually won a race.

100% agree on everything. I couldn't understand what Woffy found so funny as well.

Silly response there is no need for someone to be interviewed 5 times in one night and to show replays of his heats where he has done nothing.

If you want to think that then ok but I am not going to suck up to someone who had done nothing all night and didn't deserve to be interviewed a ridiculous amount of times. I am sure if Ward was the World Champ then you would be saying exactly the same as what I am saying.

Could you explain why you think I am a Tai hater please you don't have to if you don't want to but I just don't understand why you think that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

I am not a Tai hater though. Tonight my posts do come across like that I must admit. And I admit I do slate Tai but my reasons for that is because I just don't see how you can score double figures week in week out in tougher leagues abroad and then struggle in a watered down EL.

. Was in the pits tonight when ward told middlo why can't we ride on a track like tonights every week at home? Think if they did don't think any one would beat them..........

How come Stevebrum is still replying to the troll. I thought he was on ignore?

Well, well that's thumping if ever there was one ...

Brilliant ride from Ward in heat 13..

"Great night of Speedway at Monmore Green ..." says Nigel Pearson

I agree Nigel :approve::t:

• Like 1

Disappointing meeting really, Wolves hopeless and pk very poor, lasse bjerre will be ok but had a bad night, Tai bad night and pathetic attempt at trying to race stopped, I like tai but just like darcy he needs to learn how to accept decisions that go against him although he wont get anywhere near the flak darcy did. On the night darcy was terrific.

By the way wonder what gavan thought of janowski's performance on a tight away track

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Not sure where the Tai-hating comes from or whether people are just stating an opinion. That said, everyone is entitled to their own point of view.

To be fair, I can understand where Sky are coming from with the interviews. He IS the current World Champion. Moreover, it has to be recognised that some riders do not want to be interviewed; sometimes because of their limited English and/or they want to focus upon their racing, revising set-ups for their next race, etc.; and simply perceive interviews as unwanted distractions. That said, I'd really like to hear, just for once, Chris Louis actually begin a sentence without the word "yeeeeeah"!

I personally admire Tai's achievements and he's the best role model for years for British youngsters to aspire to. Commitment and hard work achieve results, and Tai is testament to this.

That said, he has his weaknesses. Sometimes, he really needs to engage his brain before he makes comments - the statement tonight that 'all refs need to be ex-riders' would have had me simply asking him "well, what's stopping them"?

However, despite my admiration for him, I do think he currently warrants a severe kick up the arse by Peter Adams/CVS; and a man to man talk about where his loyalty lies. Currently, he's short-changing his employer, and his fans.

And that is totally unacceptable.

• Like 2

Not sure where the Tai-hating comes from or whether people are just stating an opinion. That said, everyone is entitled to their own point of view.

To be fair, I can understand where Sky are coming from with the interviews. He IS the current World Champion. Moreover, it has to be recognised that some riders do not want to be interviewed; sometimes because of their limited English and/or they want to focus upon their racing, revising set-ups for their next race, etc.; and simply perceive interviews as unwanted distractions. That said, I'd really like to hear, just for once, Chris Louis actually begin a sentence without the word "yeeeeeah"!

I personally admire Tai's achievements and he's the best role model for years for British youngsters to aspire to. Commitment and hard work achieve results, and Tai is testament to this.

That said, he has his weaknesses. Sometimes, he really needs to engage his brain before he makes comments - the statement tonight that 'all refs need to be ex-riders' would have had me simply asking him "well, what's stopping them"?

However, despite my admiration for him, I do think he currently warrants a severe kick up the arse by Peter Adams/CVS; and a man to man talk about where his loyalty lies. Currently, he's short-changing his employer, and his fans.

And that is totally unacceptable.

Took the words right out of my mouth - Polish league great, GP's great, - EL - can't be ar**d !

• Like 1

WOLVERHAMPTON 36: Piotr Pawlicki 14, Jacob Thorssell 7, Tai Woffinden 4+1, Joe Jacobs 3+1, Tom Perry 3+1, Lasse Bjerre 3, Peter Karlsson 2+1.
POOLE 59: Kyle Newman 13+1, Darcy Ward 13, Przemyslaw Pawlicki 9, Josh Grajczonek 8+1, Vaclav Milik 7+3, Maciej Janowski 7+1, Brendan Johnson 2+1

Scores says it all quite frankly and in the end we did well to stop them hitting 60

Wolves had some bad luck but overall Poole were bar far the better team and on this form they can easily win the title

WOLVERHAMPTON 36: Piotr Pawlicki 14, Jacob Thorssell 7, Tai Woffinden 4+1, Joe Jacobs 3+1, Tom Perry 3+1, Lasse Bjerre 3, Peter Karlsson 2+1.POOLE 59: Kyle Newman 13+1, Darcy Ward 13, Przemyslaw Pawlicki 9, Josh Grajczonek 8+1, Vaclav Milik 7+3, Maciej Janowski 7+1, Brendan Johnson 2+1

Scores says it all quite frankly and in the end we did well to stop them hitting 60

Wolves had some bad luck but overall Poole were bar far the better team and on this form they can easily win the title

Newmans score highlights the weakness of the FTDR scheme in its present form. Even over four rides he still far out scored all the other FTDR riders put together. Newman, along with Garrity, Blackbird and Kerr are far to good to be in the FTDR scheme if riders like Ashley Morris sre being left out and he shouldn't be taking the rides of Brendan Johnson who is not really good enough to be in the FDTR scheme.

Can't blame Newman or Poole but this is one aspect of the FTDR scheme that needs to be sorted out for next year.

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 5

Newmans score highlights the weakness of the FTDR scheme in its present form. Even over four rides he still far out scored all the other FTDR riders put together. Newman, along with Garrity, Blackbird and Kerr are far to good to be in the FTDR scheme if riders like Ashley Morris sre being left out and he shouldn't be taking the rides of Brendan Johnson who is not really good enough to be in the FDTR scheme.

Can't blame Newman or Poole but this is one aspect of the FTDR scheme that needs to be sorted out for next year.

To be fair, up until the very end of last season Kyle was pretty rubbish in general. Nobody could of known how well he would go on to perform this season.

• Like 1

I think what to take out of last night was that Poole are once again coming good at just the right time . Could be a fascinating play-off final with them and Kings Lynn . Agree with what someone said about the fast trackers though , you have Newman , Kerr , Blackbird and Garrity who are second strings bordering on third heat leader quality in the Premier League , whilst the rest either struggle to or can't achieve reserve status in the second tier .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Pirates certainly look like the real deal to me, cant see anyone taking the title off them this year...

Have u not seen Kings Lynn ride then? They are flying everywhere.

Poole were average when bees beat them home & away, however I'm not looking forward to welcoming Kings Lynn to Brandon.

• Like 1

To be fair, up until the very end of last season Kyle was pretty rubbish in general. Nobody could of known how well he would go on to perform this season.

Really? He did a good job in the Play Off final last year and his experience alone meant he was always going to be one of the strongest FTR's. He is currently benefitting from an injury free spell meaning he is running into good form, having the opposite kind of season to Lewi Kerr by the look of it.

Disappointing meeting really, Wolves hopeless and pk very poor, lasse bjerre will be ok but had a bad night, Tai bad night and pathetic attempt at trying to race stopped, I like tai but just like darcy he needs to learn how to accept decisions that go against him although he wont get anywhere near the flak darcy did. On the night darcy was terrific.By the way wonder what gavan thought of janowski's performance on a tight away track

tai had a disappointing night yes but did you not watch the meeting. Tai was ridden into not deliberatly but it knocked his chain off. Tai rode round and pointed to his bike. He didnt strop did you see the interview straight after it happened? Just said it was unlucky and said exactly the same at the end if the meeting. Darcy shoved the camera out of the way when it wrong for him at Lynn but was happy to be interviewed tonight. Woffy is miles ahead of Darcy in attitude. Janowski ride ok tonight and Poole thoroughly deserved there win which we all expected though I think it could be a tough semi against Coventry.

strange opinion! Think 99% of speedway fans expected Newman Garrity and Kerr to be miles ahead of everyone so I'm not sure what you were thinking. The surprises for me are Blackbird and Steve Worrall coming back to form

I dont we need to think poole will win the play offs on the back of a meeting against a very poor team, I thought pk would ride well but I cant remember him riding so badly it was quite sad really, thought we would have some good races but only got one, track seemed well prepared but there seemed to be a rut on third bend. Tai still on track when they came round looked dangerous and he showed his petulant side just as darcy did at kings lynn but tonight darcy was terrific and probably would like the next gp at monmore.