British Speedway Forum

Message To Eurosport

Dear Eurosport

Please can you tell that imbecile who is commentating on the SWC at the moment, that the winner of a heat scores three points.

Not three big points, just three. They only come in one size.

But it's perfectly possible to say that a heat win is crucial, or vital etc.

Better still, replace him with the guy who commentates for you on Swedish league matches (Dave Rowe); he seems knowledgeable and not like he is high on cocaine.

Thank you

• Like 2

Dear Eurosport

Please can you tell that imbecile who is commentating on the SWC at the moment, that the winner of a heat scores three points.

Better still, replace him with the guy who commentates for you on Swedish league matches (Dave Rowe); he seems knowledgeable and not like he is high on cocaine.

Thank you

Some people really have too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

• Like 7

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

Totally agree

And remind him that riders do not come out "on a new bike", they come out "on a different bike"

For a so-called journalist, he really is poor

• Like 2

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

:D

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

Is that you Dave?

• Like 1

Totally disagree Dave Rowe can't even get the riders in the race right never mind 5 big points :)

You say that as is Kelv and Nige are any good at it. Josef Franc. It's not hard. It's Franc(e) like the county not Frank.

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

:rofl: Oh dear, and some say my posts are comical.. Perhaps Big Al is not a Poole fan tho..

I would prefer the letter to Eurosport to be praising the fact that they are showing the GP and SWC given that SKY got shot of it and without Eurosport I suspect it would have mattered whether you like the commentator or not because you would have only seen results on the internet

Some people just have nothing better to moan about

Hope your humour bypass operation went well :rofl:

• Like 1

Deary Me

Some people should really seek out their tinfoil helmets.

The future of speedway is in very doubt, and despite this, we get ultimate hours of live coverage on TV...

Yet, people, who really should give their heads a wobble, complain about a commentator!

Where did it all go wrong?

How, people, have we come to this?

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 3

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

Which ever imbecile your refering to, be glad you've got him, you could have the music hall act 'Burnicle and Ermolenko'. :lol:

• Like 2

I would prefer the letter to Eurosport to be praising the fact that they are showing the GP and SWC given that SKY got shot of it and without Eurosport I suspect it would have mattered whether you like the commentator or not because you would have only seen results on the internet

Some people just have nothing better to moan about

Totally agree with you on this.People just seem to complain no matter what.

God I remember seeing and odd race on World of Sport from the world finals years ago.I am so happy how far it has come as far as television goes.Not really bothered about the commentary,some of it makes me laugh,some of it makes me cringe but hey we have live speedway.If people are that bothered I am sure they have a mute button on their remote controls

• Like 1

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

:rofl:

Dear Eurosport

Thank you

I fully endorse this, Pearson's use of the word 'big' for everything is almost as annoying as him calling everyone a 'legend'. His new word of the week for this week though is 'skid', he's been overusing that one for sure this week.

I suppose todays commentators are faced with a situation unique to them, and that is that they are commentating every single week, sometimes twice a week and for 3 hours at a time.

In the 70's Dave Lanning was on maybe once every three weeks or so and nothing was live in those days - edited highlights only.

However, a quick glance at the synonym list shows that Kelvin has a choice of many words he could use as an alternative to his hugely excessive over use of 'terrific'.

• Like 1