British Speedway Forum

Leicester -v- Belle Vue Saturday 5 July 2014

I can see this team really getting it together. It has been a long time coming but seeing what they did on Saturday with riders having only thier first meeting at BP then things can only get better for them.

I for one thought the racing was entertaining. if you didn't them you must have been queing up at the burger or beer van and missed the best of the action. I am looking forward to Monday night, to see if they can carry on where they left off.

Doyle and Buzz make a good partnership, can't wait to see them when they have been together after a couple more meeting, they held bak Nichols and Harris and they tried everythink to get past them, but they rode together so well that there was no way past. Buzz,s overtaking on the back straight proves that you have to have faith in yourself to carry on and finish overtaking there. Lots of riders don't seem to have the comitment, to try and ride BP as it should be riden. Unless you give your all then there is no way past.

Buzz took to the track straight away that is after his first race fall, Bates was something special. I think that young Max Glegg would have done a lot better if he had not been riding against Tom Perry, he was as nervous as hell, you could see that when he broke the tapes. He needs one of the older riders to sit and have a talk to him, to boost his confidence a little. He sounded so down when he was talking after the meeting.

Edited by weatherwatcher

What do the supporters at Man city , Chelsea , Liverpool, Crewe or any sports team want????..... 1st and foremost a team win. Regardless of how it happens. If Leicester continue to win then I would expect the attendance to increase. We probably have the biggest attendances in the sport anyway!!

Thats absolute garbage......you ask any proper speedway supporter if they would rather their team win or be entertained by watching exciting speedway the vast majority would rather be entertained.

Watching crap speedway even if we win does nothing for me.......I want my pulse to race,If Leicester win that's a plus but if they don't and I've witnessed good racing I'm happy.

Edited by mrcts
  • Like 1

Thats absolute garbage......you ask any proper speedway supporter if they would rather their team win or be entertained by watching exciting speedway the vast majority would rather be entertained.
Watching crap speedway even if we win does nothing for me.......I want my pulse to race,If Leicester win that's a plus but if they don't and I've witnessed good racing I'm happy.

Agree with that so I must be a proper speedway supporter. :lol: I went to the Leicester v Coventry match and although Bees won by 10 points I still left feeling disappointed because I'd prefer to see some good racing.

• Like 1