British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Would 500 Brummie fans sign up to sponsor £10 per meeting to cover the £5000 shortfall? I would..... with 14 meetings left to go.... just a thought.

Do you think we have 500 supporters? :unsure:

I would deano 100% and I know others that would

Like I said in a previous post we need to make a massive thing if we get chance to have another home meeting and as fans get people down I've spoke to a warkshire and england cricketer he was gonna come on weds with 2 other team members also spoke to Craig gardener wba footballer he was gonna support it also Frankie Gavin was

We had this at Glasgow two years ago . We set up a fighting fund where fans donated and various fund raising activities had the monies raised deposited . We were on the precipice and survived , i hope for all my good mates among the Brummie fans , you also survive .

• Like 3

Matey, we have a lot more than 500 fans. But would 500 be willing to save the club.... ?

I'm sure it wouldn't just be Brummie fans who would donate , a lot of us would too

• Like 4

It's a shame it always ends up falling back onto the fans to bail their club out , but if that's what it takes - then that's what it takes . 500 people donating a tenner would keep things going in the short term , would give you breathing space anyway .

If and when a fighting fund is set up , post a link on here and i'll certainly donate . Had brilliant nights everytime i've been at Birmingham following Glasgow and at the Benfund . It means too much to speedway to lose

• Like 1