British Speedway Forum

Nicki Pedersen. Mbe ?

His comments are laughable, every time someone comes on his outside he heads straight for the fence. If someone puts him in the fence at Cardiff you will hear the cheers in Swansea!!

There was a Danish league match last season-Leon Madsen tried to go round him and exactly what you say happened-Nicki excluded-Leon had a big off.

The Nicki P statement is interesting to read but personally I think he's only trying to justify his downright unacceptable riding and behavior . Lets be honest though , there's no smoke without fire and he is certainly at the center of far too many controversial incidents to be the innocent one !

• Like 1

Zagar spitting on him was rather pathetic.

Of course Nicki was cowardly by kicking Matty and running off but that's out of order.

Punch him by all means as he deserved that but spitting on him was the reaction of another coward.

The hard man image of Nicki is now a memory for him as he is a blowhard coward and his whining to the media shows that he may act hard but is a big girls blouse who hides behind his crew when things get tough.

But Zagar too deserves contempt for his actions.

I like them both as they are great riders but Nicki needs to grow up a bit and accept he is a bit dangerous out there and if he does not curtail his antics he may well seriously injure someone.

He has a point that it's not always him as others do the same sometime but he seems to be involved a lot more.

Matty needs to grow a pair as spitting is what little kids do.

His statement is laughable,if someone like Hancock moans then you know there must be a problem.Out of say 100 incidents i bet Pedersen is involved in 60 per cent of them there has to be a reason for this?He should of just opologised about Saturday and moved on now he is a marked man and the bully has been exposed.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

I wonder how come it is only Monster sponsored rider who are complaining?

Then why are they only complaining about Nicki and not someone like Miedzinski who is far worse then Nicki,

If they are so concerned about safety, why don't they make a complaint about the silencers?

• Like 1

While I think there's no doubt that Nicki Pedersen rides others harder than the majority of riders do I also think he suffers from his reputation. There are times when he does some pretty stupid things but there are many more times when he does what any other rider would do but everybody rushes to hang him for it.

Good bit of publicity for the GP's though and exactly what the marketing people should be making the most of (or making up!)

• Like 2

His statement is laughable,if someone like Hancock moans then you know there must be a problem.Out of say 100 incidents i bet Pedersen is involved in 60 per cent of them there has to be a reason for this?He should of just opologised about Saturday and moved on now he is a marked man and the bully has been exposed.

He's right about the Hancock moves. He does nothing untoward to Greg in that GP, nothing that many other rider had not already done or later did. Then in the final, in the same place Greg actual run into Nicki in the same place but Nicki carried on and completed the race. Nickis move wasn't even "hard" it was just a pass. Greg move though was hard - yet not dirty.

If they are so concerned about safety, why don't they make a complaint about the silencers?

LOL

they've been around for over 4 years now, DEAL with it! The dB rule will change over the winter, but the constructure design of the new silencers will remain the same. So DEAL with it now and get it over with.

In '98 Newport held the PL Best Pairs Final, it was before Tim Stone installed an inner curb, so riders could do a 'Peterborough' and put their front wheel over the white line. I think it was the last ride of the qualifiers that a young Nicki Pedersen dived into the first bend, front wheel well and truly over the line, and took out the late Paul Fry. Fryer was excluded, and back when Newport had huge crowds, the home fans erupted.

He was a dirty b*stard then, and certainly hasn't mellowed since, but you know what? I wouldn't swap him for any rider in the world. Easily the most blockbuster rider in the series, and as others have said, when he retires, the Grand Prix will be a lot less exciting for it.

JT.

Edited by JT

I think the difference between Nicki and those he is complaining about, is that they sometimes have accidents due to close and hard racing. He on the other hand seems to either lose his head or allow desperation to affect him. The most unfortunate thing to me, is the way the media are milking it, they are just making Speedway look even more of a circus act in the eyes of the public.

• Like 1

I wonder how come it is only Monster sponsored rider who are complaining?

Then why are they only complaining about Nicki and not someone like Miedzinski who is far worse then Nicki,

Miedzinski worse than Nicki!!! You must be joking! Nicki is the dirtiest rider on the planet.

I seem to recall one top Dane who is now retired calling Protasiewicz an animal or something along those lines and getting a lot of people agreeing.Don't remember him ever saying that about Nicki.So it is all about opinions and from what part of the world you come from maybe.Never had any problems with Nicki.Think he is one of the most exciting riders out there and can believe him when he say's he does have great control over his bike.I always wondered about his lifting in the bend and 'losing control' as he did it so regularly i thought it was a ploy to block riders.It can go wrong of course,but that isn't his intention.His intention is to win or get in front of the rider in front of him.I don't think it is win at all cost,but he is a winner and a champion and they have a different attitude to those who are just middle of the road........

• Like 2

I think the difference between Nicki and those he is complaining about, is that they sometimes have accidents due to close and hard racing. He on the other hand seems to either lose his head or allow desperation to affect him. The most unfortunate thing to me, is the way the media are milking it, they are just making Speedway look even more of a circus act in the eyes of the public.

No, Nicki has said in that reply to Holder and Hancock that he knows exactly what he is doing with his bike all of the time, so make of that what you will!

Oh , he knows what he's doing with his bike alright ! That's his problem , controversy has always surrounded him and now he's not as good as he used to be he's getting worse with his moves to get an extra point or two .

People have said on here that he's a nice guy outside of speedway, that may well be the case but I'm sure lots of boxers are really nice guys out of the ring. They still get into one and try to beat the c#ap out of each other though!

I know it's a different sport but comparisons can be made.

Edited by Super Blue