British Speedway Forum

Nicki Pedersen. Mbe ?

I think the difference between Nicki and those he is complaining about, is that they sometimes have accidents due to close and hard racing. He on the other hand seems to either lose his head or allow desperation to affect him. The most unfortunate thing to me, is the way the media are milking it, they are just making Speedway look even more of a circus act in the eyes of the public.

Sometimes I really do despair at some speedway 'fans'.

Moan when there is nothing exciting happening.

Moan when there is no marketing/publicity.

We get both and now moaning it's making the sport look like a circus act..

This is all brilliant for the gp series and they Re taking advantage of it.

Edited by BWitcher

NP is a character who puts that extra " something" into the sport.

How many of you who are castigating him for his riding would not want him in your team, or even riding over here in the so called "Elite League" this season?

He would add extra supporters on the gate wherever he rode.

Gollob had a reputation for being a dirty rider, who remembers the incident at the now defunct Hackney when Boyce decked him after one of his moves, and yet he is now revered as a former rider.

The sport will be the poorer when he finally hangs up his leathers.

• Like 1

No doubt pedersen is completely single minded & couldn't give a monkeys nuts about any other competitor or team mate. He is box office & when he hangs up his boots with all the carnage in his wake the sport will be the loser IMO. The thing that upset me the most in the zagar incident was pedersen not checking to see how zagar was ,not even an apology. I wish zagar had decked him I am sure all the riders would of had a whip round to pay the worth every penny fine

Think everyone knows deep down nikki p could easliy cause a death in our sport....if that happens....it would be a very sad day.

Any rider could. It's the risk they take every time they put on a helmet - they all know that.

I got the feeling that at the next GP someone will try to stuff Nicki into the fence I think its getting to that point that riders are just sick of him riding like an idiot without any regard for others safety

Woffinden's been trying since his return to the series.

Edited by June01

No doubt pedersen is completely single minded & couldn't give a monkeys nuts about any other competitor or team mate. He is box office & when he hangs up his boots with all the carnage in his wake the sport will be the loser IMO. The thing that upset me the most in the zagar incident was pedersen not checking to see how zagar was ,not even an apology. I wish zagar had decked him I am sure all the riders would of had a whip round to pay the worth every penny fine

Think everyone knows deep down nikki p could easliy cause a death in our sport....if that happens....it would be a very sad day.

Any rider could. It's the risk they take every time they put on a helmet - they all know that.

What a sad sport speedway has become when comments like this appear!

This item originated a couple of years ago but is well worth reading.

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/2284/nicki-pedersen

Thanks for that link Gustix.

Yes I read the Nicki P one but then saw a link to Peter Williams who rode for Belle Vue in the fifties, just as I started going. I remember him, good to read that.

This is the Facebook link of those who admire Nicki Pedersen https://www.facebook.com/groups/682338495166354/

Edited by Guest

What bollocks your talking and if you can't post anything different I suggest you delete your account

Woffinden's been trying since his return to the series.

Woffiden is someone to be mouthing off as I remember he was the one who finished off Gollob at Stockholm
  • Like 1

Sometimes I really do despair at some speedway 'fans'.

Moan when there is nothing exciting happening.

Moan when there is no marketing/publicity.

We get both and now moaning it's making the sport look like a circus act..

This is all brilliant for the gp series and they Re taking advantage of it.

Yep.

If nicki had ridden in the 70s he would be lauded as a "character", and the members slagging him off here would be laughing abiut the time he knocked "x" off. And moaning about the lack of character s in modern speedway.

He is the modern equivalent (on track) of kenny carter, but with three wirld titles and seemingly a nice bloke off the track.

• Like 2

be interesting reading their comments if that happened!!

What bollocks your talking and if you can't post anything different I suggest you delete your account

Woffiden is someone to be mouthing off as I remember he was the one who finished off Gollob at Stockholm

who on earth you think you are? suggesting someone deletes an account because their view is different from yours? pathetic

• Like 2

be interesting reading their comments if that happened!!

who on earth you think you are? suggesting someone deletes an account because their view is different from yours? pathetic

It's not a matter of my view being different it's just as if people want the worse to happen so it can be talked about on here even you quote it would be interesting reading sadly speedway lost another of its family over the weekend we don't want more so we can just debate it on here

It's not a matter of my view being different it's just as if people want the worse to happen so it can be talked about on here even you quote it would be interesting reading sadly speedway lost another of its family over the weekend we don't want more so we can just debate it on here

To debate the potential for injury risk and more serious happening in speedway racing and how to avoid them is one thing. When it comes to hinting that a certain rider JUST MIGHT be responsible is completely out of order. It is also IMO a dangerous trend to be allowed as a debate theme on the BSF - then again, this is the BSF!!

Edited by Guest

No doubt pedersen is completely single minded & couldn't give a monkeys nuts about any other competitor or team mate. He is box office & when he hangs up his boots with all the carnage in his wake the sport will be the loser IMO.

I agree. Gollob used to be this way, even after he was decked at Hackney. It was actually sad to see the 'fight' come out of Gollob in recent years, mainly since he got his title.

The thing that upset me the most in the zagar incident was pedersen not checking to see how zagar was ,not even an apology. I wish zagar had decked him I am sure all the riders would of had a whip round to pay the worth every penny fine

To be fair, he had little chance, Zagar was up at him very quickly. It was the boot in the balls, and ride off that I found a tad naughty.

Edited by TheReturn