British Speedway Forum

Sheffield V Scunthorpe Pl 12/6/14

Cant see the positive side of racing scunny tomorrow when we knew Proctor would be missing.I know hes not set the world on fire yet but to take on scunny a rider short spells disaster to me and the potential of edinboro getting a result next week doesn't really set us up for the Berwick cup tie.At the end of the month we could be out of both cups bottom of the league and the season will be flat.I would love to be proved wrong and hope I am.Could we not have held a top gun and give bates Nielsen and poole a meeting with no pressure and invited a couple of foreign lads over ? Just a thought.

• Like 1

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs. I have no doubt they will win big against the Tigers as they have beaten full sides twice at Owlerton already. Dont think we are a strong side ,even when Proctor rides. Steady reminds me of a captain of a sinking ship. Plenty of brave fighting talk but can't get his crew to save the ship from going under. Still, I'm hoping for a miracle and we get a 46-44 win.

BTW its a brilliant day for speedway

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs. I have no doubt they will win big against the Tigers as they have beaten full sides twice at Owlerton already. Dont think we are a strong side ,even when Proctor rides. Steady reminds me of a captain of a sinking ship. Plenty of brave fighting talk but can't get his crew to save the ship from going under. Still, I'm hoping for a miracle and we get a 46-44 win.

BTW its a brilliant day for speedway

You could argue that RR for Proctor actually makes the Tigers a little stronger, heis average around Owlerton is under 5 so with Stead taking an extra one plus the rest, i dont think it make you weaker does it???

You could argue that RR for Proctor actually makes the Tigers a little stronger, heis average around Owlerton is under 5 so with Stead taking an extra one plus the rest, i dont think it make you weaker does it???

For me, Tigers are much weaker without Proctor, he looked much faster last week against Glasgow and would have scored paid 11 from 4 but for a ridiculous decision from the referee to exclude him for jumping the start twice in heat 11, when he clearly didn't in the second running of that heat. Edited by Tigerite

For me, Tigers are much weaker without Proctor, he looked much faster last week against Glasgow and would have scored paid 11 from 4 but for a ridiculous decision from the referee to exclude him for jumping the start twice in heat 11, when he clearly didn't in the second running of that heat.

Fair point but the old saying is averages dont lie!!!

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs.

I dont understand your post

Saying we are desperate to get to the Play offs,---dam right,i thought that was the idea or have i missed something???

And how is it puzzling you that we are willing to take on a team with RR??? not as if its the first time RR is being used is it?

And to make you statement 100% correct you may add that Sheff have a facility,where as the one that Scunny postponed-[not cancelled] we didnt have a facility

enjoy your racing to night--I know i will!

• Like 1

Can someone clear this up for me please. Tonight's meeting was billed as a Premier League clash, but the updates site has a meeting between the two clubs on May 15th also billed as a PL meeting. If tonight was indeed a league meeting, what was the meeting in May?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can someone clear this up for me please. Tonight's meeting was billed as a Premier League clash, but the updates site has a meeting between the two clubs on May 15th also billed as a PL meeting. If tonight was indeed a league meeting, what was the meeting in May?

Teams race 28 meetings (12 home & 12 away against each opponent, plus home and away again against two others). The top six then go forward to the play-offs.

I know Scunthorpe are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice in the PL. Not sure who Sheffield are Scunthorpe and someone else.

• Like 1

presumably one of the two the mickey mouse extra fixtures added at the winter conference.
  • Like 1

The only folk more clueless than the sheffield promotion are our old friends at the bspa

Teams race 28 meetings (12 home & 12 away against each opponent, plus home and away again against two others). The top six then go forward to the play-offs.

I know Scunthorpe are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice in the PL. Not sure who Sheffield are Scunthorpe and someone else.

Thanks for that Superstar1.........it could only happen in Speedway !!

So Scunthorpe, for example are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice........that is twice at home and twice away?