British Speedway Forum

Newcastle V Berwick Pl Sunday 8th June 2014 At 6.30pm

DId Berwick have a chance of an 8-1 in heat 11 with Jensen/Vissing(tactical ride)?

Jensen was a lot quicker than Vissing and Jensen couldn't slow down to let Vissing overtake due to the close proximity of Ludde.

• Like 5

After the meeting Ludde went out on Robbo's bike and Robbo went out on Ludde's bike. Ludde flew out the traps and left Robbo in his wake twice. I believe they might now know what the problem is, so hopefully he will begin making starts,

Yeah, the difference was noticeable but surely a chat in the pits re. set ups could have been done weeks ago if it was that simple. Time will tell if we get the real 'Lightning Ludo' back.

Jensen was a lot quicker than Vissing and Jensen couldn't slow down to let Vissing overtake due to the close proximity of Ludde.

Yeah, twigged that, but it did look so funny-maybe not to the Berwick fan who at home is bemused by the scorecard though.

Robbo riding for your lot Monday night. Remember, we need him back in one unbroken piece after he scores you a few.

No problem, Lakeside fans still love Robbo, we'll take good care of him. Saw Robbo at Rye yesterday & he was mega (especially T1&2, so much time to pick his lines) Also got a great reception from all the Rye fans

• Like 3

Why o Why Doolan in 15 and not Kus?

to be fair,,, Kus scored well, but,,, he could'nt mix it with better opposition,,, IMO, of course

Actually thought it was a decent meeting. Good crowd, decent atmosphere and the racing was ok for me and keenly contested.

Ludde continues to struggle out of the starts, he was last out of the start in all four of his rides and really isn't giving himself a chance. Can't be faulted for effort but really needs to sort his starting out if he's going to get out of this dip in form. At the moment he's just giving ammunition for TWK and company to criticise him.

Lewis Kerr and Robbo were both superb again, good comeback from Lewis R and a good effort from Simon Nielsen who I thought rode well.

Word for Craig Cook who as expected scored heavily, but showed his class by slowing down to allow Lewis to get his max in heat 15. Don't necessarily expect that from a guest but it was a good touch and I'm sure he'll have gone up in the estimations of Diamonds fans as a result.

The Bandits are a solid side but just lacked a bit of power against the Diamonds top 3. Certainly no lack of effort from either side but a much needed and deserved win.

had me glasses on again ???

thought we might've done the Monarchs last week,,, thought 'Cookster' would've went thru the card,,, and honestly thought that the 'Bandits', should'nt have and did'nt have the beating of Newcastle tonight,,, enjoyed some action tonight, but bit of a shame 'Lightning' might be in for some 'stick' from the The Witch Klan (TWK for short),,, but 'hey-ho' and away we go :-)

DId Berwick have a chance of an 8-1 in heat 11 with Jensen/Vissing(tactical ride)?

yip,,, derrrrr

Actually thought it was a decent meeting. Good crowd, decent atmosphere and the racing was ok for me and keenly contested.

Ludde continues to struggle out of the starts, he was last out of the start in all four of his rides and really isn't giving himself a chance. Can't be faulted for effort but really needs to sort his starting out if he's going to get out of this dip in form. At the moment he's just giving ammunition for TWK and company to criticise him.

Lewis Kerr and Robbo were both superb again, good comeback from Lewis R and a good effort from Simon Nielsen who I thought rode well.

Word for Craig Cook who as expected scored heavily, but showed his class by slowing down to allow Lewis to get his max in heat 15. Don't necessarily expect that from a guest but it was a good touch and I'm sure he'll have gone up in the estimations of Diamonds fans as a result.

The Bandits are a solid side but just lacked a bit of power against the Diamonds top 3. Certainly no lack of effort from either side but a much needed and deserved win.

You are dead right there. Poor again tonight in my opinion.

More than a few Diamonds fans are of the same opinion. I have to admit that the best bit of a Berwick trip was often the ' Anderson Burger' rather than the often processional 'racing'. Our track needs sorting before someone does even more damage to either themselves or their bank balance crashing out while trying to find an almost non existent second racing line.

What - you haven't tried there PIES - simply can't be beaten. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

You are dead right there. Poor again tonight in my opinion.

What - you haven't tried there PIES - simply can't be beaten. :t::approve: :approve:

nearly totally agree with you there, but,,, am sure there will be a better pie somewhere,,, 2 pies, :-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Have to question some of the Berwick Team Managers moves tonight and why Kus only got 5 rides!

I would guess because when he came out against better Riders - he finished last. That would not encourage me, were I the Team Manager, to put him out in Heat 15.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Have to question some of the Berwick Team Managers moves tonight and why Kus only got 5 rides!

That was one of my bug bears too.. We need to use Matej in that form as much as possible... But everyone from Berwick will be hurting after this... So heads down, severe arse kicking needed and move on.. We will come back from this

On a side note.. 2 issues... No.1: How very disappointing to see Dan Greenwood IMO deliberately stay down in Heat 7.. The Geordies slated Starkey last year on the TV match when he done the same thing... anything to say about that now? Well Done to Liam for getting up so quickly when he came off...

No.2: the track... Yes, Berwick ain't perfect... But what is the issue with that 2nd bend... So many seemed to get unwanted drive.. Overlock it.. Whatever...it's better then what I've seen in the past but still needs work on it...

We did not deserve to come away with nothing... Just my opinion... Kudos to Newcastle for giving us a reality check in some ways! We will be back!

• Like 3

Good win for the Diamonds Robbo, Kerr ans Cook excellent and useful points from Rose and Nielsen who i would be happy to see guest again if needed. However Greenwood struggled but good to see no hard feeling and was willing to guest good luck to him rest of the season. Ludvig again will start a debate but he was awful again against poor heatleaders, but credit for heat 11 which could have changed the meeting if 8-1 and hope he gets his confidence back soon. For Berwick wasted opportunity only Vissing who really only did well in 13 but at least was competitive, Kus best Brough peformance can take credit rest had 1 good race at best. Reason Kus didnt get 15 might be because his points came against low level opposition not good enough against top 3 his race times and heat 9 show that but was better choice than Doolan. Berwick also made mess of tactical and Carr should have had heat 9 as it cost them chance of points in heat 12.

• Like 1

nearly totally agree with you there, but,,, am sure there will be a better pie somewhere,,, 2 pies, :-)

GREAT idea. I with you on that. Must be from the shed behind the Pits though. Pies to die for. :t::approve: :approve:

That was one of my bug bears too.. We need to use Matej in that form as much as possible... But everyone from Berwick will be hurting after this... So heads down, severe arse kicking needed and move on.. We will come back from this

On a side note.. 2 issues... No.1: How very disappointing to see Dan Greenwood IMO deliberately stay down in Heat 7.. The Geordies slated Starkey last year on the TV match when he done the same thing... anything to say about that now? Well Done to Liam for getting up so quickly when he came off...

No.2: the track... Yes, Berwick ain't perfect... But what is the issue with that 2nd bend... So many seemed to get unwanted drive.. Overlock it.. Whatever...it's better then what I've seen in the past but still needs work on it...

We did not deserve to come away with nothing... Just my opinion... Kudos to Newcastle for giving us a reality check in some ways! We will be back!

you not got ironing to do or something? :)

me neither,,, but them pie's at Berwick are something else, maybe because there not Scottish,,, but the chips are ffffing sh!t, and peas are peas :-)

the pies are rubbishe.., lush burgers tho :) Edited by Arson fire

you not got ironing to do or something? :)

Had me mam and other half doing it for last couple of weeks as me back and head have been causing me a lot of bother... This little growin brat has a lot to answer for :lol: