British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Vs Somerset Thursday 5th June 7.30pm Plkoc

Scoring 25 points in any meeting is a poor show... If Ippo can't score 26 in any meeting they want shot.... Christ they are guaranteed 15 :)

Totally agree AF, however take the 2 taccys of the OTA result and the score is 67-23. Is that right Worrell is not riding for you at our place, makes you stronger imo.

Totally agree AF, however take the 2 taccys of the OTA result and the score is 67-23. Is that right Worrell is not riding for you at our place, makes you stronger imo.

No Adam Ellis either as Lakeside are riding the same evening..

ippo fans , remember the workington fixture 2 years ago. thought you had it sewn up. dont go to somerset expecting to get the result in your favour..rebs at full strength at the O.T.A. . youre not

good to see all the watches fans come out of the woodwork,, and the rebels fans rush back into it..

may the best team win and it will.. friday 13th , gonna be unlucky for someone..

Part time Rebels riders like Pontus doesn't help, going into a KOC match where aggregate home and away points count with Ben Morley guesting is a

I think that is the first match he has missed for us, it`s the way speedway is run,they have to do it to earn a living. He has been great for us so far this season, ask Shadders and the chaps down at Rye if they would have taken him,bit unfair calling him "Part time". I sure he is gutted at the result.

ippo fans , remember the workington fixture 2 years ago. thought you had it sewn up. dont go to somerset expecting to get the result in your favour..rebs at full strength at the O.T.A. . youre not

good to see all the watches fans come out of the woodwork,, and the rebels fans rush back into it..

may the best team win and it will.. friday 13th , gonna be unlucky for someone..

That was last season when we took a 20 point lead and lost the return by 32. As long as they turn up at OTA we should be okay as we had three riders missing the league cup meeting, only two this time. :P

Last night it looked like the Somerset riders had no throttle control, coming from the fast flat out OTA to the smaller technical Ipswich track and got themselves all out of control.

• Like 1

Don`t agree WM I think we have done ok on the road so far. We have taken P/Boro, Redcar and Scunny to heat 15, beaten Newcastle and Rye and only lost by more than 6 four times, to Ippo twice. Worky and Plymouth. Not bad imo.

You are absolutely correct. Should have said "Now it is the difference in this particular meeting". After a reasonably good show on the road (other than this one) this came as a big shock. Hopefully this is not the start of us going off the rails. As a speedway supporter I like to see a good competitive meeting so always hope that the Rebels can provide this for the away teams home supporters. Not so in this particular case, not even a "the scoreline didn't reflect the quality of the racing". Just a pretty dire performance from Somerset. Hopefully Rye can give us a decent meeting tonight. I'll be there.

• Like 1

We all knew at the start of the season once we lost Brady at reserve and Jason Doyle too, that we had gone from being dead certs for the League title again to being a decent team - but we never expected to be a team that would recieve a 62-25 hiding in a cup match. If we don't get 7 points from the Rye House matches then it could well be heads start to roll!

That was last season when we took a 20 point lead and lost the return by 32. As long as they turn up at OTA we should be okay as we had three riders missing the league cup meeting, only two this time. :P

Last night it looked like the Somerset riders had no throttle control, coming from the fast flat out OTA to the smaller technical Ipswich track and got themselves all out of control.

There is only 15 meters difference in size, but it's like you said, the ota is more of a round flat out shape, all corners and not much straight. It's the opposite when we race their, you need to be flat out near the fence, and we struggle to do that.

We all knew at the start of the season once we lost Brady at reserve and Jason Doyle too, that we had gone from being dead certs for the League title again to being a decent team - but we never expected to be a team that would recieve a 62-25 hiding in a cup match. If we don't get 7 points from the Rye House matches then it could well be heads start to roll!

Sorry to break it to you but it was worse then that it was a 65-25 hiding.

You are absolutely correct. Should have said "Now it is the difference in this particular meeting". After a reasonably good show on the road (other than this one) this came as a big shock. Hopefully this is not the start of us going off the rails. As a speedway supporter I like to see a good competitive meeting so always hope that the Rebels can provide this for the away teams home supporters. Not so in this particular case, not even a "the scoreline didn't reflect the quality of the racing". Just a pretty dire performance from Somerset. Hopefully Rye can give us a decent meeting tonight. I'll be there.

Enjoy yourself tonight,I`m going tomorrow ( if it`s on ) and I think I might be by myself ! so if anyone else is making the trip,I`ll be by the gate.

Sorry to break it to you but it was worse then that it was a 65-25 hiding.

Quite clearly a typo - but don't let that stop you from being as pedantic as ever.

Ippo could do worse than sign up Nicolai Klindt to guest for Worrall at the OTA :wink:

Worrall is garbage at Somerset, which puts Ipswich at a massive advantage. Thrown in with Pontus not being to ride last night, it's no wonder Ipswich look set to be in the semi finals.

If Pontus had ridden and scored even 5 points we would only need to claw back 30 points or so, especially with Worrall missing, 40 seems too much.

"Ifs" aren't valid are they - if the same two teams met again at Foxhall tonight, the result would be different.

I think the Witches should use R/R for Worrall at the OTA, guests don't really fit the KOC-Up.

Hence the last part of my post, which because we didn't have Pontus, and Worrall will be missing, we are going to struggle to pull back 40 points.

The word disgusting was used by Gary to describe the Rebels showing and its a great shame to have given up the KO Cup without much of a fight. We live in hope but 40 points is way too much (surely the Witches can't be that bad for a second time this season at the OTA) making the second leg merely a practice session.

The word disgusting was used by Gary to describe the Rebels showing and its a great shame to have given up the KO Cup without much of a fight. We live in hope but 40 points is way too much (surely the Witches can't be that bad for a second time this season at the OTA) making the second leg merely a practice session.

Look on it as a challenge,if we did manage it would it be the greatest come back in a 2 legged speedway fixture ever ?

There`s a thing does anyone know what IS the greatest fight back to win in the Prem

sorry , i was meaning seasons. not years.