British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

Yes it will still hold FIM events

Right, this has become very confusing.

Is it FIM standard or Elite League standard??? If it isn't the former then it can't hold FIM events and shouldn't be names the National Stadium.

Straight answers required, WTF is going on?!?!?

Right, this has become very confusing.

Is it FIM standard or Elite League standard???

Both.

It will be a 6,000 capacity Elite League standard stadium for Elite League meetings, but capacity will be increased for World events.

The track of course will meet FIM regulations.

If there is enough room for four bikes side by side on the straight then the bends must be at least the same width, i.e. the straight has to be the narrowest part of the track. :t::drink:

woooosh!

• Like 1

So, for elite league matches its an Elite League standard track, yes?

Then, when holding an FIM meeting, the track dimensions will be altered, (like old Wembley) areas of rugby pitch removed and replaced with bits of temporary track to meet FIM track dimensions, Yes?

So no home advantage for Team GB!

So, for elite league matches its an Elite League standard track, yes?

Then, when holding an FIM meeting, the track dimensions will be altered, (like old Wembley) areas of rugby pitch removed and replaced with bits of temporary track to meet FIM track dimensions, Yes?

!

No

No

It said in an earlier post the track would not be wide enough

For FIM meetings and parts of the rugby pitch would be removed and track extended to meet FIM regs..

No unfortunately the track can't be made wide enough due to the requirements of the rugby pitch. They measured the width of the handlebars and multiplied that by 4 to make sure the bikes would fit but I think they will overlap slightly going into the turns. That was agreed because they don't expect all four bikes side by side at that part of the track so it should be okay but still a bit annoying.

For the GP and World Cup they will lift part of the rugby pitch like they used to do at Wembley, but it will be narrow for the British Final and league meetings.

For GP and SWC they will lift part of the rugby pitch like they used to at Wembley...

So that is exactly what I said and you replied no!

Re-read drop a cog's post.

Do you think that is really the width of the track they are planning to build?

If you answer "yes" then you have won an amazing prize. Please send me ten thousand quid as a processing fee, and the prize will be sent immediately. Congratulations!

It will be c.342 m in length (measures 1m in from the inner kerb) and between 13m (on

the straight) and 17m (on the bends) wide. Protective barriers will run around the outer

edge of the track.

Taken from MCC planning.

They may find it easier to use to use a different stadium for FIM events with all the hassle involved in pitch modification and possible event clashes.

But I thought this was a NATIONAL Stadium where all the big International Events would take place. I understood that it was to modelled on the old Hyde Road Track. That would have been terrific. Why has, so it seems, the Track been compromised?

Surely it is FIRST AND FOREMOST a Speedway Venue and THEN a Rugby Pitch.

What the hell has happened here?

I'm not happy!!! :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

But I thought this was a NATIONAL Stadium where all the big International Events would take place. I understood that it was to modelled on the old Hyde Road Track. That would have been terrific. Why has, so it seems, the Track been compromised?

Surely it is FIRST AND FOREMOST a Speedway Venue and THEN a Rugby Pitch.

What the hell has happened here?

I'm not happy!!! :angry: :angry:

Jeez there are some wallies on here. FFS it was just a joke, the track isn't compromised, they are not lifting the corners, they can even fit more than 4 bikes on the straight at once

• Like 1

Which dwarf are you then? I could guess!

Honest, the track is not 4 handlebar-widths wide. It was a Joke!!!!

I'm pleased to hear it.

I still didn't think it was funny though.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

It's about 2.5 miles or an hours walk. I think they will have free buses like the current free Metroshuttles as they will want punters spending in the city centre.

Overflow car parking would be by arrangement with the absolutely massive Showcase cinema across the road.